MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Swine Flu Swindle

Campy

The DW got an "Emergency E-Mail" from HSI (Health Services Institute). Without a subscription you can not access the site, but here is the content of the e-mail.

HSI Code Red - Swine Flu Swindle (Health Sciences Institute)

Sun, 26 Jul 2009

Swine Flu Swindle

The FDA has decided to swindle us. First they laid the groundwork by scaring us with their ridiculous swine flu estimates. Then they rushed to the rescue, telling us to rely on Tamiflu and Relenza...two potentially dangerous drugs that, by the way, are already implicated in creating a drug- resistant strain of the flu. And now they've apparently decided that it doesn't matter if those drugs are effective - as long as doctors hand them out anyway.

The FDA is allowing - actually calling for, endorsing, promoting! - the use of expired Tamiflu and Relenza. In fact, the agency decided under its SLEP (Shelf Life Extension Program...the name says it all) that four batches of antiviral drugs that expired in June 2009 now expire in May 2011. Magic! And that's not all... To make sure government agencies can use up all their already bought and paid for and stockpiled, no matter what, they've also decided to waive their own standards. Now even improperly stored Relenza and Tamiflu will be deemed safe and effective for use...even in infants.

Of course, none of this is common knowledge. But it should be - that's why HSI is bringing you this information when no one else is. You have the right to know that the

course of Tamiflu your doctor prescribes may be expired, and may not have been properly stored. (Not to mention the potential adverse effects of Tamiflu!)

Do you still want to take it?

Hey Campy,

I agree,

this IS a total swinle. I knew that on Sunday when I read in the Newspaper the CD estimates of nearly half the country getiing H1N1 this fall. Then this morning there is a very convenient poll that says most people are looking forwrd to the shot. They mentioned that a "Solid minority" of 1/3 said that they would not take it. Way down in the article, it mentioned that 2 out of 3 were concerened about side effects like the ones from teh 70's shots.. something barre syndrome? Paralyzing I think. But, they said the scientists were"going to watch it closely" for the sideeffects. How else do you do that but after the administration of the shot? All of this media play reminds me of 1984.. where they purposefully rewrote the headlnes..

Does anyone else see the "bridge out ahead" sign flashing too?

I dont know if this has been discussed anywhere else (fprgive me if it has) but what kind of things can I start buying for treatment of pneumonia? Are htere any herbal rememdies? I am expecting some extra cash in August and plan to get much of my "things I dont have" list accomplished then for this fall and winter.

Maranatha!

'ncnewbie' date='Jul 28 2009, 08:30 AM' post='307138']

Hey Campy,

I agree,

this IS a total swinle. I knew that on Sunday when I read in the Newspaper the CD estimates of nearly half the country getiing H1N1 this fall. Then this morning there is a very convenient poll that says most people are looking forwrd to the shot. They mentioned that a "Solid minority" of 1/3 said that they would not take it. Way down in the article, it mentioned that 2 out of 3 were concerened about side effects like the ones from teh 70's shots.. something barre syndrome? Paralyzing I think. But, they said the scientists were"going to watch it closely" for the sideeffects. How else do you do that but after the administration of the shot? All of this media play reminds me of 1984.. where they purposefully rewrote the headlnes..

Does anyone else see the "bridge out ahead" sign flashing too?

I dont know if this has been discussed anywhere else (fprgive me if it has) but what kind of things can I start buying for treatment of pneumonia? Are htere any herbal rememdies? I am expecting some extra cash in August and plan to get much of my "things I dont have" list accomplished then for this fall and winter.

Maranatha!

The problem is not only the vaccine, but the carrier (adjuvent). In the past they have used squalene. The effects of squalene do not show up for several years, but include regular arthritus, osteo arthritus, MS, lupus and several other illnesses. Also, a lot of vaccines used (and I think a lot still do) mercury as a preservative - nuff said there.

Many people are not aware that Tamiflu is documented by the Japanese government as causing psychotic episodes, especially in younger people.

As for herbal remedies:

During the "Spanish Flu" of 1918, homeopathic doctors treated the symptoms primarily with Byronia Alba and/or Gelisium (spelling ?) - for the aches and pains. The homeopathic doctors also found that a body temperature of 101 degrees killed the flu virus. If you decide to go this route you do need to be aware that a person can start having convulsions at a temperature of 103 degrees (typically it is closer to 104 degrees). Homeopathic doctors did not use and refused to use aspirin to reduce fevers of 102 or higher. They used alcohol rubs and ice water baths. The homeopathic doctors found that the use of aspirin, while it reduced the fever/temperature, did nothing to the flu virus, which frequently later developed into viral pneumonia.

During the 1918 flu, homeopathic doctors had a mortality rate of between .5% (point 5) and 1.2 %, where conventional doctors had a mortality rate of 30%+.

If you read up on the Spanish Flu you can find more detailed information on how they treated it and what they used for treatmemts.

As an "interesting" side note: The Amish and I think it is the Jehova's Witness do not allow ANY of their children or people to receive vaccines. NEITHER of these groups has had a single case of autism.

I am not a doctor or medical practicioner.

It is not Jehovah's Witnesses as I am one and have never ever heard of us not accepting vaccinations. I have heard of others (non-JW's) saying we don't but born and raised for the past 49 yrs.,{ as well as my mother/father, relatives; grandparents and my closest to me grandmother/ (she died in 1986){ and I've never heard of it from any of them either---it is a personal choice. I have never had a vaccination myself but my kids did. I do know of someone who the mom is a JW and the father is not--their son who is now in his early 20's is severely autistic. I don't know if he had vaccinations but probably did. I don't think back then, we realized the dangers of vaccinations. My daughter who has a 2 yr.old and a 8 week old, has not and will not have vaccinations for her children and now that I know more, I wouldn't either. I used to have seasonal flu shots, but no more.

Way down in the article, it mentioned that 2 out of 3 were concerened about side effects like the ones from teh 70's shots.. something barre syndrome? Paralyzing I think.

Here is a link to text and an old 60 Minutes segment about those affected by the 1970s flu vaccines, The Pending H1N1 "Pandemic" Isn't What You Think It Is: http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2009/07/28...what-you-think/

Very interesting video segments. Still mulling it over.

It is not Jehovah's Witnesses as I am one and have never ever heard of us not accepting vaccinations..

quote name='Motherhen' date='Jul 28 2009, 05:25 PM' post='307184']

It is not Jehovah's Witnesses as I am one and have never ever heard of us not accepting vaccinations.>.

My father was an elder in the JWs for years before he died. If you do some research on the history of your religion, you will find that JW's refused vaccinations from 1931 to 1952. This is documented in the The Golden Age the precurser magazine to the Awake. April 24, 1935 issue. and in the book by A.H. Macmillan "Faith on the March, which has a forward by Nathan Knorr, former president of the Watchtower Society. (I inherited my father's entire collection of old Watchtower books, including an 1879 bound volume of the Watchtower. My brother wanted to throw them out but I donated many of them to a university because the local Kingdom Hall didn't want them and then I kept the ancient ones.)

Anyway, back to the topic--the vaccnination will contain untested adjuvants--and the FDA has just gotten approval to use them on an emergency basis. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=alZncUEvwtIM

Swine Flu Shot May Rely on Emergency Use of Additives

By Tom Randall and Gary Matsumoto

July 29 (Bloomberg) -- Swine flu vaccine makers may rely on a U.S. emergency declaration to use experimental additives made by GlaxoSmithKline Plc and Novartis AG to boost a limited supply of shots that will be available to fight the pandemic.

The ingredients, known as adjuvants, may be added for the first time to flu shots in the U.S. Health officials today are meeting to discuss the additives at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, and to recommend who should receive the limited amount of vaccines drugmakers say they will begin delivering in September or October.

The U.S. Health and Human Services Department declared a public health emergency over swine flu in April, and the Food and Drug Administration has the power to allow the use of unapproved medical products during such a crisis. The U.S. has been slow to approve the use of adjuvants because of safety concerns, and for fear of giving Americans an excuse to avoid getting the shots, said John Treanor, a University of Rochester researcher.

"The question is, do you really feel comfortable throwing this new thing into the mix and do you really need to?" said Treanor, a professor of medicine, microbiology and immunology at the school in Rochester, New York. "I myself, if I had to do it, would really wrestle with that decision."

The CDC agreed to pay London-based Glaxo and Novartis, based in Basel, Switzerland, more than $415 million for adjuvants that could be added to the swine flu vaccines, according to a July 13 statement.

Early Production

Adjuvants may not be necessary if enough shots can be produced without them, according to Health and Human Services. That possibility got a boost today from authorities at the CDC, who said 40 million shots of unadjuvanted vaccine may be available in September, earlier than previously reported, with 80 million more doses ready in October.

A safety concern was raised in 2004 when researchers at the University of Florida in Gainesville reported that mice injected with oils used in the adjuvants developed conditions of the type that occur when the body's immune system produces an excessive protective reaction. Similar reactions haven't been seen in humans.

MF59, made by Novartis and sold in Europe, has been given to more than 40 million people, mostly adults, to prevent seasonal flu, according to the company. Glaxo's adjuvant has proven safe and effective in clinical trials with 39,000 people, said Lisa Behrens, a spokeswoman for the company, in an e-mail. Glaxo will conduct more studies and continue to monitor safety after the vaccines are in use, she said.

Emergency Authorization

Under the U.S. health emergency, the FDA may authorize the use of unlicensed vaccines, according to Peper Long, an agency spokeswoman. The FDA convened an advisory committee July 23 to consider what trials are necessary for the vaccines' approval. Advisory committees consist of medical experts who provide guidance to the agency.

Swine flu's full force may reach the U.S. earlier than the typical flu season, according to the CDC. Vaccine makers are racing to make shots by mid-October, when cases are expected to rise in the northern hemisphere, fueled by cooler temperatures and the return of pupils to close quarters of classrooms.

The World Health Organization, based in Geneva, has said the H1N1 influenza, as the pandemic flu is known, is moving with "unprecedented speed." The flu spread farther globally in less than six weeks than previous pandemics have in more than six months, the Geneva-based agency said on its Web site on July 17. Global health authorities have stopped counting the number of cases and the CDC says more than 1 million people Americans have been sickened by the virus.

Egg Yields

The vaccine makers have found it difficult to cultivate the quantities of virus needed for vaccine, as the strain yields 50 percent to 75 percent less antigen, the substance that induces immunity, compared with a typical seasonal flu strain, according to the WHO. The virus didn't initially grow well in eggs, the principal medium used by the industry, vaccine makers said.

In the last week, scientists have been able to improve yields in eggs for the first time, which should ease pressure on manufacturers, Robin Robinson, chief of the Biomedical Advanced Research Development Authority, the U.S. agency in charge of buying the vaccine, said today. A decision on adjuvant use hasn't been made, he said.

Mixing Oil, Water

The adjuvants are mixes of oil and water that -- by stimulating the immune system -- offer a way to boost the body's response to antigen. Adjuvants, whose effectiveness vary by flu strain, may boost the strength of the antigen as much as 10- fold, as was the case with a bird flu vaccine approved in Europe, said Treanor, of the University of Rochester. By adding an adjuvant the same amount of antigen can be used to treat more people, he said.

"Until GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis can show me it won't harm a rat or guinea pig, I think it's a bad idea to give it to humans," Vicky Debold, a registered nurse with a Ph.D. in public health, who is a member of the FDA's advisory committee for reviewing vaccines, said July 27 in an interview.

The U.S. never had to consider the risks of an adjuvant because regular flu vaccines were deemed to have "worked so tremendously well," said Lone Simonsen, research director in the department of global health at George Washington University in Washington.

"We have had a safe experience with the MF59-adjuvanted vaccine in Italy and Spain for many years now," Simonsen said. "That experience we can lean on. That's going to be the best data we have in time for using adjuvanted vaccines."

U.S. Contracts

CSL Ltd., which has a $180 million order to supply bulk H1N1 antigen to the U.S. government, decided against boosting its vaccine with an adjuvant, preferring to use a formulation more closely resembling the seasonal flu shot, said Mary Sontrop general manager of the Melbourne-based company's biotherapies unit.

The U.S. has contracts with five companies to provide flu shots. Novartis, based in Basel, Switzerland, is responsible for 45 percent of the supply, while Sanofi will provide 26 percent and CSL will make 19 percent, said Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda, Maryland, in an interview last week.

The remaining doses will be made by Glaxo and London-based drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc.

If they did waaay back then, then they did...but that was a long time ago.--several years before my time (born end of 1959)-but I've never heard it spoken of ever...and certainly not now, which is the time period we are focusing on.

If they did waaay back then, then they did...but that was a long time ago.--several years before my time (born end of 1959)-but I've never heard it spoken of ever...and certainly not now, which is the time period we are focusing on.

Well yes, that is true. They wouldn't need to bring it up now because it is not an issue for them anymore, right? I hope I didn't offend you, wasn't meaning to. And, I wasn't trying to cast aspersions by mentioning the past history of the group, either. I know all groups change over time. I'm a history freak and it spills over into a lot of my interests, LOL So if you thought I was dissing your religion in any way, please know I have the utmost respect for it as my mother is still alive and a faithful member. Over the years many of the JWs have been very kind to me and my family and never more so than when my Dad died. They are a very loving group of people.

Probably the original poster meant Christian Scientists who do refuse vaccinations and also some Muslim sects refuse them too. (and I am of the mind that anyone who refuses vaccinations or other medical treatment on the grounds of religion are perfectly within their right to do so)

I was speaking to my daughter about this yesterday,who was speaking online previously with someone who is an in-active Amish....she discussed this same topic with 'her' who said that it was also a personal decision or as a 'cultural decision', most choose to not vaccinate. Its funny how the only place I've heard that JW's don't vaccinate is on Survivalist boards--never before in my 49 yrs....but at any rate, its def'ly not now. The mystery is cleared up. Thanks for the info.

Archived