MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

RE: "Elder" and Monolaurin...

Cat

I'm SO sorry, friends. This obvious spammer/merchandiser has been here for a while and I missed it. :(

Mrs Survival does NOT recommend this stuff and I have NO IDEA how safe it is and how effective it might be. The *only* posts this person has posted is about this stuff, so we know they're selling it.

Do your own research and if you want to discuss it, feel free to educate and ask questions.

But the policy at Mrs S is that we do NOT allow posts obviously only selling stuff, and "Elder" is OUTTA HERE... :baseballbat:

I researched it as well. My husband and I do keep up on such remedies but I had never heard of it. The research he cited was from the 70's, enough to raise my eyebrows. I am glad though, that you booted him, if he was advising people unsafely.

You guys can't catch everyone - at least you reacted when you realized what was going on.

:bighug2::bighug2::bighug2:

Thank you for spotting this and letting us know. I've been reading the posts and debating back and forth whether I should get some, but something kept holding me back. I'm glad I waited and appreciate the information.

That's too bad. I just ordered some two days ago. I also did some searching around and got some coconut oil as well. When I typed Monolaurin in the search engine at Swanson's Vitamins the only thing to come up was c. oil. So needless to say I went to a website that sold it in pill form. Thanks for letting us know about this Cat I will do some more reading up on it.

I'm always cautious when someone is pushing a fractionalized componant of a natural substance. To select one part of a substance and focus on only that part causes you to lose the benefit that the synergistic effect of the other parts have to offer.

This problem was seen when smokers in a study were given one synthetic componant of vitamin E. Those who had the vitamin E had a greater death rate than the ones who did not. The scientists criminalized the vitamin E as the cause of the increase, but actually, if they had been given a naturally occuring source of the E, it would'nt have happened.

Maybe the monolaurin 600 is a good product, but the way it was promoted was deceptive. I prefer to keep using my coconut and palm oils. I will enjoy the full effect they will have on my health.

I wondered why my post asking if s/he had any connection with it, was erased.

Thankyou Cat. I was wondering myself!

As to the coconut oil how would you administer it in case of the swine flu or other flu? It kills viruses?

Do you swallow a certain amount so many times a day? Or is there another method of use to treat flu?

I went ahead and got the pills. My daughter has coconut oil. It is so greasy and it causes digestive issues. If I have the flu, there is no way I want to use that oil.

Even if the person was a flake, I did do some research on the pills before I ordered them . I got mine from some women's health site. Thought maybe they would be good to keep on hand. Especially being diabetic I need things to help fight infection, just in case.

I will pass along the info about the oil to my daughter, though, since she has some already. She can't seem to take it.

I cook with the coconut oil. I use it in place of vegetable oil in everything. It takes some getting used to, to eat it off the spoon. Some do better taking it with food.

I probably get about four tablespoons of it in my food alone. If I'm trying to overcome a snack attack, I'll take more off the spoon to give me a full feeling and shut off the hunger pangs.

I also use it as a lotion. The thin coating of it on my skin will kill some of the bacteria I come in contact with.

I don't know if suddenly using it in an emergency situation will have the same effect as using it on an everyday basis. It would be better to make changes in your diet to build a strong immune system now, rather than be caught off guard and trying to build it up after you're under attack.

I love, love, love coconut oil, too and use it just about every day. I make my popcorn with it and put it on my toast. It's also great for sore throats, acne, as a facial moisturizer, for dandruff control, etc. If you're interested, check out the link in Nature's Prescriptions here. Lots of great info on CO (coconut oil).

Archived