MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please pray for my son

Hi Everyone

Tomorrow things change, not that they haven't been but this is really a huge change. In June I discovered my son Michael John age 13 was growing Pot in his bedroom and in the backyard. Being the good mom I try to be, I turned him in to the Police. He is on Probation, has some felony charges and some Misdemeanor charges and we are headed back to court, but not sure when.

Anyway, tomorrow my son will be leaving home to head into Therapeutic Foster Care, my younger son Jake did it last year and I am only doing this because I want to give him an opportunity for a better future, it doesn't hurt that it is now Court Ordered and a Requirement for him to be on Probation and not in Juvinile hall.

Anyway, I would appreciate any prayers you would offer. I hate the fact that I am sending my baby away. Just because it is something that can help him doesn't make it any easier. I also hate to say this, but hopefully some of the stress will leave with him. He has a tendency to get violent with his brother and me and that would be nice not to have to deal with for a while since I start school in just a few more days, yup, mom is going back to college. Getting my degree in Paralegal Studies. Hope to be a Child Advocate someday.

I am praying powerfully for you and yours, especially for this son. My husband and I went through a season with our oldest and I know full well the power of prayer. God is faithful to do more than we can imagine! (((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Heavenly Father,

I pray that You will intervene in this child's life, opening his eyes that He might come face to face with Your Son Jesus. Through the power of Your Holy Spirit, do a work in his heart, changing him into who You created him to be. None of us have any hope outside You, so it is into Your hands that I spiritually place this child.

In Jesus Name,

Anyway, tomorrow my son will be leaving home to head into Therapeutic Foster Care, ...

Anyway, I would appreciate any prayers you would offer. I hate the fact that I am sending my baby away. Just because it is something that can help him doesn't make it any easier. him. He has a tendency to get violent with his brother and me and that would be nice not to have to deal with for a while since I start school in just a few more days, yup, mom is going back to college. Getting my degree in Paralegal Studies. Hope to be a Child Advocate someday.

Dear chefddr, you and your sons have my prayers. Sounds like you have had your hands full for awhile. It's great that you are going back to school, looking forward to a great career :>).

Cathy

[edit to fix quote box]

Edited by Mt_Rider

I just want to say I can not judge you, I have no clue where you or your son live or what your surroundings are. I just know I have a young daughter of 9 and she goes to a public school. The peer pressure is huge and I can only pray that you gain the tools you need to cope with this and your son finds direction in his life.

I will pray for you both.

Melody

Thank you for all the support. It wasn't an easy decision to make, I struggled with it for a long time. But I felt that I had to do something to try to help my child turn his life around. It isn't his fault that he and his brother were crime victims, I hope the animal that hurt my boys and sooo many others (the victim count keeps climbing) will die in prison, which is the plan of the DA, life in prison without parole.

I didn't make this decision easily, it was difficult, but I wanted to give my son the opportunity for a future he deserves, one that is healathy and full of healing. No child deserves to live with the pain of being molested and not have a way to deal with it. When I say Violent, I mean, he will pull a knife on you and I wasn't going to call the police and have him put away.

PLEASE DO NOT THINK I DO NOT LOVE MY CHILD, I DO AND I WOULD DIE FOR HIM IF IT WOULD GIVE HIM THE HEALING HE SO DESPERATELY NEEDS TO HAVE THE FUTURE HE DESERVES!

I will also be praying for this entire situation. Sometimes, letting go is the most loving thing a parent can do. :pray:

I know from your posts in the past that this is not the first issue that you have faced with your son and I know this was a very difficult decision to make.

Foster care CAN be a solution and provide a time of healing for all involved, resulting in a healthier, restored family. I pray this will be the case for you and your son. :hug3:

Dear Chefddr, you are a brave woman and a good mother. My heart goes out to you and your children.

You are in my thoughts.

This is an example of how drastically damaging child molestation is. The perpetrators sometimes try to brush it off as tho they did not damage the child. That is SO NOT TRUE. Unfortunately, it is quite often a case of the perpetrator also having been molested when young. Intervention and healing is necessary!

May God help your family to heal from this evil thing which was done . We pray that the foster family will have God's own wisdom in dealing with the restoration of your son. May your son heal thru God's direct intervention in his life..and that he might eventually have a powerful testimony to God's love. Your relief at reduced tension is normal. But you already miss the boy he once was....before the trouble, I'd imagine. I pray that your whole boy is restored to you soon.

:grouphug:

MtRider :pray:

What you are doing will give your son a chance. I feel for you and your family and I hope the help your son recieves helps him come to some peace inside himself and breaks the chain of violence. Lots of Prayers and Big Hugs :bighug2:

:pray: for you and your family. I have been there and done that. Son is now grown and has children of his own now. He is a much better person for receiving the help I was not able, or qualifyed/trained to give him. Allowing it to happen was the hardest thing DH and I ever had to do but for our family and him it was the right thing to do.