MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

1st case of MRSA for the school year

Jori

The county south of ours had a report of MRSA in the High School. They hired a cleaning company to come in and help the staff clean properly this past weekend.

I don't think I want to take the kids places anymore.

Our school had several cases last year and they act like it's nothing. Mostly it was the boys on the wrestling team so it probably came from dirty mats.

We had a bomb threat this week and they told no one , including teachers, that they were looking for a possible bomb. One teacher told my dd that she was concerned because the office had just called her and asked her to look around her room for anything different, out of place, or suspicious. Soon after they had a 'fire drill' to clear the building. The schools here sweep EVERYTHING under the rug and act like what goes on in the school is none of our business.

bb

So last night we just found out that a close extended family member has had MRSA infected lesions in their nose for the last two years off and on(since an extended stay in the hospital for near-fatal pneumonia). :ph34r: The lesions would come and go and we all thought they were cold sores. Apparently NOT!!!!! I don't know very much about this, so I need to figure out what this means for us. What does anyone know about this?

Archived