MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I got the call last night...again

madamkitty

Well. It's time again. For the third time I got my good-bye call from my son. He leaves monday for Iraq again. It really hurts so much to hear him say, I'm going to be safe this time mom, I'll be in the SE part of Iraq helping to build a hospital. I can't help it I worry- my mind goes to those places of what if every minute he is gone.

His first tour he told me that they were building schools and such. An Iraqi made it through the fence while he was on guard duty. My son walked around one courner of a building as the Iraqi walked around the opposite courner facing him, my son was so shocked and scared he emptied his clip into the man, saving his own life but now having the stain on his soul that he had killed. It was not to be his last kill.

His second tour the convoy he worked as a gunner to protect was attacked and the three armed hummers- he was in the 3rd one were blown up. Thankfully they had put their duffle bags full of gear in the rear and that's where they were hit. Their supplies were destroyed by taking in the schrapnel that would have killed them all.

Yes, I believe that God is watching over my son. I just can't make my mind stop playing taps. So for 7 more months I'm going back to the basket case I've been twice before. This time when he comes home, he's transferring to a training job where he'll be stationed in Texas and no longer elligable to have to go back to Iraq. Lord, I pray so hard for that day to come.

Next time you chat or write your son, thank him for me, for his service.

IMHO, there are some things you should NOT tell your mama, being almost killed is towards the top of the list.

Then again, no one worries or loves like a mama.

I'll keep you and your son in my prayers. When is this tour over?

:bighug2::bighug2::bighug2:

All the strength to you and your family Kitty. Cannot even imagine how hard this must be.

Big hugs.

My son walked around one courner of a building as the Iraqi walked around the opposite courner facing him, my son was so shocked and scared he emptied his clip into the man, saving his own life but now having the stain on his soul that he had killed. It was not to be his last kill.

He undoubtedly saved many lives by dispatching an enemy that wants us all dead. Stain on his soul? Not a bit. God blesses good men who risk their lives in service to others. My prayers are going up for this brave young man.

madamkitty, my prayers will be added in with the rest.

As for any "stain"...

The original 10 Commandments say "Thou shalt not *murder*", not (as we translate today) "kill". Murder implies evil intent and premeditation. Killing in self-defense, and in defense of others, is NOT the same thing.

Still, my mother's heart understands that there are thing we hope our children never experience, and obviously this was one of those. I'm so sorry. Still, this is what he trained for, was prepared and armed for, and he was there to defend those who were depending of him to do so at the moment of need.

May God bring him safely home to you.

:bighug2:

Oh sweety ~ C4C said it right when she said that no one worries like a momma. That is so true. I pray for him and all our soldiers putting their lives on the line. Please keep us informed of how he is doing as time goes on. ((((Hugs))))

• 1 month later...

This is the time to trust in your Lord! He will not let harm come to him that has not first passed through HIM. And it is all for His glory...still, I know worry cannot be helped.

There is no stain for this kill, that man was God's enemy..he chose to be God's enemy. Your son should not feel guilty. NO! That is Satan's tactics, not Gods.

I am grateful for his sacrifices...I am grateful for yours as well.

I am a member of Soldiers Angels, and I pray daily for all of them.

Archived