MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas Ornament 2009, sent and received

Snowmom

It was like Christmas in the mail this morning!! I only get there once or twice a week. This morning I recieved Indy Gals-It is beautiful and musical! PS Cathys- That is very cool, like a ship in a bottle! Paulines- I already know what I am going to put in yours! Becca Annes- Very pretty, I like the handwork! And Ol Mommas- That is a beautiful painting! Thank you all for the ornaments and the cards too! I want you all to know that with our move we were not going to have a tree this year, so you all are the reason we will get one! Woohoo!!!

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

winterhellohotchocolate.jpg

Ok, not much time left of the morning, but, still is. :)

I know some of these you have seen, but, here are what I have gotten.

I got 4 of them yesterday and the others before. :)

Thank you all so much, I love them all. :):)

This is, let me see, :) the first one is SK.'s, and then next one is from Leah and HippiDad.

DCP_3663.jpg

These two are from: Becca Anne and Ol'Momma

DCP_3664.jpg

This one is from: Indy Gal.

DCP_3668.jpg

This one is from: PS Cathy.

DCP_3667.jpg

I hope I have them right. :)

You know, this would be a great project for the homeschoolers. :)

The past couple years, or more, we have had almost if not all decorations from the exchange on our tree only. Very few boughten ornaments, just the lights and the top star or whatever. :)

I do like to make a few extra and hand out to the kids and a few other relatives around here. :) But, this year, for some reason I only have one left, and it will go on our tree. :)

Thank you all again so much. Love them all, each one is different and special because they are homemade and made with love. :)

There is no way I could do any painting like some of you have done. It is so nice to see the different things that we can come up with. :)

enjoyyourdaysnowman.gifHUGS37.gif

Rustic-Oakie. Pauline... DID YOU NOT HEAR ME??? :tapfoot: How can you're gifts not be 'good enough' when they are such treasures!! I'm enchanted by each and every one of these sweet bobbles that come in my mail. They mean far more to me then any ol' store bought bit of glitz. More then you might ever realise. So, don't you dare run yourselves down over what you have created!! :angry: It's brought each of us such pleasure! Ya got that?!??

Good!

:grouphug:

Yes ma'am. :wub:

Received three ornaments today!!!

Indy Gal - all I can say is WOW!

SK - I love Gingerbread men!

Ol'Momma - the snowflake is so beautiful!

Leah, I'm also one who had to ask DH how to hang them. lol

Becca_Anne, how did you find time to do all that beading and study?

pscathy - yours does seem like a ship in a bottle. Neat!

Snowmom - I ove snowflakes on the tree.

and of course, my sheep are so precious!

Everyone's ornament is so very special, thank you all for all the time and effort.

ok ol'momma i hear you and am glad that you have a way to use it i fought and fought with the socks this year and had to get something else done with that fabric as it just screamed ornament swap to me

Thank you Pauline and PSCathy! They are great! I too do not want anyone to think their ornies aren't "up to snuff" These are gifts of love, and all of them are wonderful. The ornies were surprisingly easy to make. I just did one at a time, and did them when my homework for the day was done. I was surprised by how quick the beading went. I had fun making them. After all it can't be all work and no play right? :)

Oh dear, I didn't think anyone around this site would have trouble hanging clothespins!

You do need to put the ladies sideways, that might have thrown some of you for a loop.

-

I need someone to stop and pick up my mail... whimper... I want to see! whine

ok i got Snapshotmiki, MomM a while ago

yesterday i got

Leah and hippie dad, indy gal, PS Cathy , Becca Anne, Snowmom

this is so much fun the kids are having a ball getting the packages in.

we love them all.

Sorry guys, I couldn't figure out how to make my ornament hang without it tilting forward, finally gave up and glued magnets on the back:-( Feel free to try to figure it out! I should've used the ribbon that went around the tin...... sigh. oh well, next time! Merry Christmas!! Cathy

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

I got another ornament, and this one is from Pauline. :) Such beautiful fabric. :) It is full of wishes too. :) Thank you Pauline, I love it. :)

DCP_3669.jpg

Don't ever think yours is not good enough, that goes for everyone. It doesn't matter what it is, as it is made with love. :):bighug2:

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY8-1.gif

Boy do I feel like a smuck and ds feels worse after I chewed him out his morning.

Two weeks ago I gave him $20 to mail my packages well I found them in his back seat this morning along with all of the ones that have been mailed to me. Where or where did I go wrong...no don't tell me I know it was when I gave him a mailbox key and actually thought that he would remember something without me writing it down. Teenagers <_<

So my packages are in the mail and tonight I will open all of the ones I have received, I can't wait.

...Boys....Teenage boys.... :0327:

Boy do I feel like a smuck and ds feels worse after I chewed him out his morning.

Two weeks ago I gave him $20 to mail my packages well I found them in his back seat this morning along with all of the ones that have been mailed to me. Where or where did I go wrong...no don't tell me I know it was when I gave him a mailbox key and actually thought that he would remember something without me writing it down. Teenagers <_<

So my packages are in the mail and tonight I will open all of the ones I have received, I can't wait.

...Boys....Teenage boys.... :0327:

LOL! I used to be on a soap & toiletries making list and you are not the first to experience this. KIDS! Whaddya gonna do?
LOL! I used to be on a soap & toiletries making list and you are not the first to experience this. KIDS! Whaddya gonna do?

But he is 19 well I guess that makes it even worse huh LOL

Our older DS (now 28 and veteran Marine) still doesn't have good time mangement skills. I had really counted on the Marines to fix that, and they let me down. lol (They did do Good on all the other skills: commitment, integerity, love of country, can do attitude, etc).