MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PureCajunSunshine

More old fashioned wisdom...about everything

Before you venture into these websites, notify your next of kin, because you may not come out for days...Between these two sites, there's a nice collection of 1,650,328 books written from 1620 to 1999...most of them are from the early 1800s and mid twentieth century. These old books and journals have been rendered into electronic form, and are free to anyone.

The first link is agriculturally related, the second one deals with all things related to home and hearth....

http://chla.library.cornell.edu/

The Core Historical Literature of Agriculture (CHLA) is a core electronic collection of agricultural texts published between the early nineteenth century and the middle to late twentieth century. Full-text materials cover agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, animal science, crops and their protection, food science,forestry, human nutrition, rural sociology, and soil science. Scholars have selected the titles in this collection for their historical importance. Their evaluations and 4,500 core titles are detailed in the seven volume series The Literature of the Agricultural Sciences, Wallace C. Olsen, series editor.

Current online: Pages: 1,011,930 Books: 2,047 (2,116 Volumes) Journals: 12 (510 Volumes)

For a related collection of core texts in the disciplines of home economics, see Home Economics Archive: Research, Tradition and History (HEARTH) at

http://hearth.library.cornell.edu/

HEARTH is a core electronic collection of books and journals in Home Economics and related disciplines. Titles published between 1850 and 1950 were selected and ranked by teams of scholars for their great historical importance. The first phase of this project focused on books published between 1850 and 1925 and a small number of journals. Future phases of the project will include books published between 1926 and 1950, as well as additional journals. The full text of these materials, as well as bibliographies and essays on the wide array of subjects relating to Home Economics, are all freely accessible on this site. This is the first time a collection of this scale and scope has been made available.

Currently online: Pages: 638,398 Books: 1174 (1236 Volumes) Journals: 13 (401 Volumes)

*GROAN* You just HAD to post this didn't you, PCS???? Now I'll NEVER get anything done..... :D

Great site though and I've actually been there before. Wonderful info but way more than is easily assemilated in anything less than a lifetime. But it sure is FUN to try. :lol:

Thanks for the link. AND the caution.

((((PCS))))

:bighug2:

Better take a therosflask with hot tea. This is one for the long haul.

Great find PCS.

I am not even going to click on any of those links until I get the house cleaned. :D:dusting: because once I start reading I'm not getting off the sofa. :):behindsofa:

:bump1:

Time to do some deep reading...

Robie:pc_coffee: