MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Son in wreck-ICU-Rapid City SD

Thanks to each of you and may God richly bless you and your family for caring so deeply. Just talked with the ICU nurse and she said he is doing remarkably well-alert and talking. Please remember his girl friends family. He is responding to the O2 so they may not have to put him on a resucitator for his lungs. Again, thanks for joining with us in praying for him. One really cannot understand how much I value friends who take time to lift loved ones to the throne room. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. wc

Thanks again for your prayers friends. He is doing well and only on a nasal canula. Our daughter flew out to be with him for a few days and we will drive out with a van to pick him and belongings up as soon as he is released. Am so thankful that God spared our lad. Sad that his fiance did not make it and have been talking with them. We never know when our souls will be required of us, wc

Can not say it too many time how much I appreciate your prayers for our son and Tracey's family. Tues. he got his stitches/staples out, His foot is almost back to normal, hand beginning to flex a bit, and his lungs are clear. So blessed folks, so blessed. We met some of the nicest people on earth while there. So helpful. The little town was New Underwood about ten miles East of Rapid City. If ever that way please turn off the super slab(I-90) for a half mile and eat. The town has one store which is a resturant, convience, hardware, laundramat, and hotel up behind it. What makes it unique is the quality of people there. They gave us hotel rooms and fed us an evening meal Wed. night/Thurs night. The wrecker folks helped us box up their belongings with such caring that I just was awed by it all. This old Marine still is shedding tears thinking about how nice and compassionate they are/were. One just doesn't believe that folks can be that nice. God put those people there to restore my faith in humanity--have been needing it. It is so easy to get sour today with all that is going on. Am just overwhelmed with good news--my oldest is headed back from Afghanistan in two weeks. Going to be a good time having all the family together for a true Thanksgiving this year. Just grinning and smiling like a mule eating briars, wc

Thank you SO much for the update. God is awesome, isn't He? And yes there are some good folks still around. I am so very happy for you, that you are going to be surrounded by your family this Thanksgiving. God Bless you and yours!

Archived