MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Woman Dead - H1N1 Virus

Katz25

I just heard on Fox News that a woman has died from complications of H1N1 virus. Pretty scarey because its being played down lots as just not as bad, etc. It's scarey.

Is anyone here getting the H1N1 shot? I work at a Senior Center over Home Delivered Meals and they want us to get it because we're around the elderly. I will get the regular flu vaccine this year, but I'm scared of the other, read lots of bad things. So what are you ladies doing?

DH and I will not be getting it...first year it's out...not fully tested, etc. We've not had any flu shots, and surely don't feel the need for one now. From reports I've read, the H1N1 was 'resurrected' in the lab...read info on the 1918 flu pandemic - same stuff...it had pretty much been made none existent, but someone decided to recreate it from samples kept...it was too good of a threat to the people (compliments of our government). IMO, it was brought back at this time to coincide with our 'need' for the government to 'take care' of us.

Anyways, no, we will not be 'drinking the kool-aid' in the form of a shot. We're not throwing caution to the wind...we wash our hands frequently, disinfect handles and faucets, and generally do our best to maintain with healthy eating habits, etc. JMO.

State of Ark is reporting 5 deaths now, at least 2 children I believe, but they will not release the county that the victims lived in. Somthing about medical privacy. Why did we see all kinds of flu counts in the past, by county, but now it is private?

State of Ark is reporting 5 deaths now, at least 2 children I believe, but they will not release the county that the victims lived in. Somthing about medical privacy. Why did we see all kinds of flu counts in the past, by county, but now it is private?

I can't think of why they wouldn't be releasing county information? But then the federal patient privacy act has made a lot of medical community wary of getting sued. I'd be most concerned if they previously reported but now aren't. Following news reports on H1N1 deaths, it's family members themselves who release specific patient detail. For example on the most recent H1N1 death in Arkansas (6 year old girl from Hot Springs) many of the standard media reports read like there were no underlying health conditions. But I found one where the parents said she picked up staph somewhere which made her more susceptible to other infections. They said H1N1 and staph totally wiped out her immune system. Either way my heart and prayers for comfort goes out to them and all the other families. :pray:

My family and I are NOT getting any type of vaccine this year. The more I read about vaccines, what's in them (formaldehyde, mercury, live viruses, etc.) I just don't want that in my body.

The couple of times I did get the flu shot about 10,11 years ago, I was NEVER so sick during the winter.

The doctors try to pressure my husband to get one. Last year, he called me from the office, "Hey hon, they want to give me a flu shot because I'm a diabetic, what do you think?"

I just about deafened him by screaming, "NO, DON'T DO IT!" He laughed and told the nurse, "Well, you heard her. No thanks."

Arkansas has indicated by county the other various illnesses they worry about like chicken pox, whooping cough etc. Of course, the don't name the people's names, but the counties have not been an issue before, as far as I know.

I never take the flu shot. I will not take the H1N1 vaccine either. I have been reading up on the vaccine and just don't feel like taking that chance. I had a friend take the small pox vaccine and she got really sick with it and then later had a growth removed from her trachea that had the smallpox virus in it when the biopsy came back. No way no how I am going to take the H1N1 vaccine, even though the DON at work is pressuring all the nurses to get.

LH

Archived