MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Building up your immune system

Campy

The DW is an R.N., Reiki Master, Board Certified Reflexologist and Healing Touch Practitioner.

According to SEVERAL of the publications she receives, one of the best ways to build up your immune system to minimize getting a cold or the flu is with vitamin D.

These publications state that you should have a minimum of 1,000 units of Vitamin D3 daily - 2,000 units per day is preferred. The key is that IT MUST BE VITAMIN D3. Unless the bottle states that it is D3, you can not be certain of what you are getting.

Theoretically, 15 - 20 minutes a day of exposure to BRIGHT sunshine will provide the Vitamin D you need. The only problem is that now that winter is coming we do not have as much of our body exposed to sunlight as we do during the summer months.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this. I read an article in Newsweek a couple years ago that doctors found that the reason we get sick more in the winter is because of the lack of sunlight providing us with ample vitamin D during the shorter days. I always take vitamin D3.

It is nearly impossible to overdose if you use D3 so I'd give 1000 units to the child.

Most people don't make enough vit D because their skin is too dry due to eating too little and/or the wrong type of fat. If your skin is dry you should start eating natural animal fat and drinking whole raw milk. You'll be amazed at the difference.

Normally, to get a child's dose of medication you divide the adult dose by 150 and multiply by the child's weight if the child is less than 150 pounds.

Archived