MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What is your favorite garlic to grow?

bluegrassmom

I hope this is the right room for this. Wasn't sure where to put it. I'm going to plant garlic this fall and there are so many different varieties to choose from. I just thought I would get some opinions from you all as to what your favorite variety is. Please share! Thanks~~

I hope this is the right room for this. Wasn't sure where to put it. I'm going to plant garlic this fall and there are so many different varieties to choose from. I just thought I would get some opinions from you all as to what your favorite variety is. Please share! Thanks~~

I grow a localized brand called Red Sky. Can be bought in the Monore, Wa. area. A hardneck, medium bite, great taste.

Woohoo....garlic! The ONE THING that actually grew in my garden this year. {I'm a veteran gardener and this was a BAAAAAD year!}

But this was my first success cuz I finally heard that you have to plant garlic bulbs in the fall. [if it ever stops raining and snowing...I still need to do that] I just grabbed some Gurney's Walla Walla Early. Softneck; purple Italian; artichoke type. So far it's mild in taste but I've heard it increases with the dehydrating over time. It's my favorite cuz it GREW! I got 30 new bulbs out of the one bulb they sent me. :woohoo:

MtRider [going to try two other varieties this fall too..... :yum3:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived