MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I need motivation...or perspective

TurtleMama

I don't know what is going on in my head lately, but I feel so incredibly demotivated. That's really not typical of me. I don't feel sad or depressed or anything...just not motivated. I don't really want to clean my house because my two personal little tornadoes (ie, my Kindergartener and Preschooler) will whirl thru and destroy all I do in a matter of minutes... :twister3: not to mention DH leaves everything sitting around and won't clean up his crumbs in the kitchen! ;) I don't want to deal with the budget because it stresses me out, and every time I mention ways to cut out fat, I get lectured by DH for not being more effective with the money (because obviously, if I did things right, we wouldn't need to cut stuff??? :shrug: ). I don't want to deal with potty training because...well, it's potty training, and my daughter is being incredibly stubborn about the whole process. I just feel like sitting around like a toad on a log and allowing my own little personal part of the universe make it's natural progression toward chaos. Lately, I can't seem to really make anyone happy and I wonder why I bother trying. :pout: Wahh, wahh, alas is me...I'm sorry I'm whining but y'all are the only ones who can't tell me to shut up!!!! LOL

(((TurtleMama))) I can remember when our 5 kids were little and they would follow behind me while I cleaned - undoing all I just did. (And the kids now range from 21 up to 35) so this seems to be a universal trait of children. lol Also, have you looked at the calendar? Could it be PMS? Maybe some nice chocolate and a few minutes of alone time, might help too. Or, maybe you are just on overload. Take a deep breath and maybe a little break, and some nice chocolate. (())

Sometimes the everyday chores that never stay completed can drag you down. Let the dishes or the laundry wait and go do something else.

Is there a closet or a cupboard you can tackle instead? Something small like reclaiming a cluttered space can free your energy and give you a renewed outlook. Maybe even an unfinished craft project, or sorting through magazine articles you've stuffed away.

Things like this do count as work, but help me break out of a rut.

Oh, and the chocolate could help, but I personally recommend Ben and Jerry's!

I can SO RELATE!! :hug3:

Being a mommy and a homemaker can be totally rewarding, fulfilling and joyous!! But, then there are those days of feeling a bit...well, I always say...a bit FUTILE. Like, what difference does it make anyway? (Of course we know better than this in our heart of hearts...but at that very moment...we're struggling). :huh:

Sometimes, on days like that I yell out at the top of my lungs, "SABOTAGE!!" It doesn't really help matters, but it does feel good to express myself and my feelings! :rolleyes:

Just know this, that while it may seem that all of your efforts are being sabotaged, you are making a difference AND this is NOT the way things will always be. You're on a journey, not camped out forever in this particular season. ;)

I am so THANKFUL to be on the other side of potty training, and guess what you'll be on the other side of that struggle too one day! :)

you're burnt out, dear

forget everything about housekeeping except dishes, bathrooms, and everyone having clean underpants

forget the budget except to pay the bills that need paying

do something YOU want to do- read a book, go to a movie, RENT a movie and lock yourself in your room with popcorn and cocoa, write something, draw something, go to lunch with a friend or go window shopping somewhere you never shop

sometimes an afternoon will make things better- I've gone as long as a month being a total slacker about things I thought NEEDED done

but yanno what?

the world didnt' end because I wasn't doing them, and once my mind/body had rested enough, I just started doing again.

luckily, our families love us enough to leave it all there for us whenever we're ready :24:

Archived