MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Romans 8:20-21

Darlene

Heavenly Father,

I just erased the prayer I had started to write because I don’t know what to say this morning, and instead of just writing some nice words, I just erased it because I don’t wanna just write WORDS.

Sometimes the prayers just pour and flow from my heart and sometimes I sit here and don’t know what to say. So, I guess that this morning is one of those mornings and I found myself becoming very disappointed with writing something that wasn’t coming from the heart, and instead, my head.

I don’t do ‘chants’, I don’t do ‘pre-scripted’ ramblings, I don’t like “oh, I should think this or say that” because for me, it’s not coming from the heart and when something doesn’t come from the heart in regard to You, I feel like I’m not being honest…I feel like I’m not being real, that I’m not communicating the truth that is within me to You, my Heavenly Father, so that’s why I erased some very nice words, and am writing this instead.

Not real pretty, not real flattering, but it’s honest and it’s real and it’s true.

I can say though, that I do love You, and I do need You desperately. So help me in today’s study…to learn myself and to hopefully open a window for others to peer through and to truly see, Your truth in Your Word.

In Jesus Name I pray,

20. For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of Him who subjected it in hope:

21. Because the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.

The rvbv writes in regard to verse 20: "Now God, in His infinite wisdom, thus subjected the creation, - that is, the earth. (The expression creation seems to refer to this earth, even although the words in verse 22 are the whole creation. In Colossians 1:23, Paul speaks of the gospel having been preached “in all creation under heaven.” God announced as a result of man’s sin, “Cursed is the ground for thy sake; thorns and thistles shall it bring forth unto thee.” The creation - the old version here reads “creature,” which is not accurate or clear. The reference is especially to the present world and the order of life upon it.) “The whole creation” must refer to the earth, for the Cherubim, the Seraphim, and the holy angels were not “subjected to vanity”!

Vanity - Here look back to the garden of Eden, and to Adam’s first sin, the judgment of which fell not upon the man, but we read: “Cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee.” Here we find God subjecting the whole creation to “vanity,” - that is, to unattainment. The book of Ecclesiastes dwells long, with a mournful tone upon this vanity, this unattainment; things “putting forth the tender leaves of hope” only to have the “sudden frost” of disease and death end earthly hopes. “Our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is no abiding,” as David said in his great prayer (I Chron. 29:15).

Not of its own will, but by reason of Him who subjected it in hope - God had a vast plan, reaching on into eternity, and “hope” lies ahead for creation: for the Millennium is coming, and after that, a new heaven and earth.

Watchman Nee comments on the word “freed/delivered from bondage” in the 21st verse and writes: “At present the creation is enslaved under the law of decay and corruption. Its only hope is to be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God when the sons of God are revealed.”

The rvbv writes: "Because the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption - Now although we who are in Christ are new creatures, yet God has left our bodies as the link with the present “groaning” creation. Meanwhile, how “the bondage of corruption” appears on every side! Death - are not all creatures in terror of it, seeking to escape it? Every decaying carcass of poor earth-creatures speaks of the “bondage of corruption.” What ruin man’s sin has effected throughout the creation, as well as upon himself! It was God’s good pleasure, that when man sinned and became estranged from his God, all creation, which was under him, should be subjected to the “bondage of corruption” along with him, in decay and disease and suffering, death, and destruction, everywhere, - of bondage, with no deliverer.

Into the liberty of the glory of the children of God - as Paul shows, we already have liberty in Christ, - the liberty of grace. The “liberty of the glory of the children of God” awaits Christ’s second coming. How blessed it is to know that into that glorious liberty, creation, which has shared “the bondage of corruption,” will be brought along with us!

Contrast the state of creation now with the Millennial order described in Isaiah 11:6-9: The wolf dwelling with the lamb, the leopard with the kid; the calf, the young lion, and the fatling together, and the little child leading them. The cow and the bear feeding, their young ones lying down together; the lion eating straw like the ox; children playing over the serpent’s hole: “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea.”

Heavenly Father,

It's amazing to try to realize creation truly living in harmony and all the "instincts" that we have studied all these years, thinking we have figured out animals, will all be wiped away because these animals instincts are not what You had originally intended, and some day, You will bring creation back into line with Your original purpose.

I'm sitting here wondering how different the animals that I do have, would be, under Your original creation. Would the roosters still peck the heck out of the hens? I guess my livestock guardian dogs would be out of a job because there would not be any need for them to protect. Would my goat bucks give my does a break or would they still be constantly hounding them, peeing all over themselves, thinking that is the most wonderful thing to do in the world? lol

I guess we won't recognize much but I can imagine how thrilled we'll all be to experience Your original intentions after all these thousands of years.

Bless this day Father with Your perfect will unfolding before me, and bless all that read today's study.

In Jesus Name I pray,