MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What are your plans?

Before the site went down, someone posted, 'What are your plans for June'. I don't remember who it was, but anyway, I just want to say that June was a very busy month for me.

I had several appointments, pace maker check up, Eye DR., Ear- Throat Dr. and I got a perm. smile.gif

Now, besides all that, I was cleaning house, getting ready for our DD to come home and she brought 3 of our #1 DS's children with her. I had a week after she left to prepare for a family reunion at our house, yes it was at our house. smile.gif

I went to a bridle shower for a niece and then to her wedding. I also went to 2 baby showers. So, you see, June was a busy time for us here at our home. smile.gif Then shortly after the 4th of July, I went to another baby shower.

There are 3 babies due in August and they say 2 are girls and one boy. I will be ' Aunt' one time and 'Great-Aunt' two times. Now, why did they all have to be in August.

What is the busiest month for you?

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

[This message has been edited by Snowmom (edited July 20, 2002).]

We were very busy, getting in a garden, redoing our kitchen, adding a sunroom to the back portion of our huge deck.

Thursday, my sister called to tell me that they were taking My Mom to the hospital for tests and could I meet her there, cause she wasn't sure she could remember all of Mom's

medical history. They kept her because her blood pressure was very high and her blood glucose very low (46) She was nearly in cardiac arrest. Dr put her in ICU for 2 or 3 days he said. She came out of ICU yesterday, half the time he expected, he said and is coming back so strong that she will be coming home Monday.

Just goes to show that you can't keep a good woman down.

Isn't life great?

------------------

lois.jpg

Guest Guest

It's been a long time since I've been able to look at and address things...everything was so overwhelming for what seemed such a long time that in the end, I just shut down and didn't do much...

So I find MOUNTAINS upon MOUNTAINS of piles I have to go through. I've been going through some of the children's clothing which has been hard at times, especially the baby stuff. The memories pour back and I miss those days.

My daughter went to a sleep away camp for a week not too long ago and while she was gone, I tore her room up, repainted the whole thing and put it back together. When she got home she was thrilled!

It made all that hard work well worth it just to see the happiness in her eyes...

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

I got a full time job as a Dry Cleaner with a fire restoration company. Now can ya just see me as a professional dry cleaner? grin.gif... The Giant gave up driving a truck and has gone in business for himself as an auto mechanic. Life isnt easy, but it is a challenge right now and I AM WOMAN therefore I am strong. twila

Guest Guest

We have also been busy. Several doctor's appointments for both dh and I. We are enclosing our porch making it more of a sunroom, seems to be a slow process at times but it is almost done. I have a cabinet for there that will be fine for storing used canning jars until they will be needed again. Our youngest got married on July 3rd. We are restocking supplies for before you know it winter will be here and we don't leave the house unless we have to. I am getting ready to teach a 12 week class at our church, which starts in a couple of weeks. It has been busy and will be busy until all the canning is done.

I spent the month of June in SCHOOL!!! I took Accounting in summer school-what a project! Three hours/day, 4 days/week, plus homework, a project, and an exam EVERY week. shocked.gif I spent 8-10 hours/day on the homework and the "Divesports" (business papers) project.

Class is finally over and I DON'T have to take the final----'cause I got an "A" in the class!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

A couple of the ladies that were in the class and the teacher and I are going to Logan's Roadhouse (restraunt) on Monday to celebrate. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!!

(Fall classes begin on Aug 26 frown.gif - whatever happened to not starting school until AFTER Labor Day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

------------------

me2.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Congrats on the 'A' Midnightmom, great going.

Hope you had a good time at the lunch, post and tell us all about it. smile.gif

Man, school is that close. I suppose some of the grandkids will be starting about that time or sooner. They always start early in TX. Seems to me it was about the 12th of Aug. last year.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Guest Guest

Congrats on the A Midnightmom!

Well pretty much I spent June as a taxi service because the kids had lots of activities. Nicholas is getting into everything now so I'm seriously babyproofing. Just put up the gates. I have been neglecting my garden, got to get back out there before the weeds take over. Lots to do but I am enjoying relaxing a bit. Once in awhile I even get to sleep past 7 smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg