MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Romans 8:32

Darlene

Heavenly Father,

As I sit here praying, thinking about what to write out in this prayer (lol), I just have so many things going on in life right now. Some serious things, some important things, some things that just take time. Even though these various things are coming from different angles, different issue origins, the one thing they all have in common is that I can see Your hand, weaving in and through the different situations, covering it, interceeding in it, pressing, molding it to conform to Your perfect will.

That, in turn, leaves me feeling safe...knowing that You, my Heavenly Father, have Your eye upon my life, just as You do with all Your children.

The one huge theme I see when I take a birds eye perspective, is my dependency on You, in all these areas...in all areas of my life. I don't quite know where 'my' strength, drive, will, resolution, etc etc etc is disappearing to, but I feel often like a little girl, that when presented with another situation to handle, looking UP to her Heavenly Father, asking for help, asking for direction, asking for wisdom, asking for clarity.

How did I become so disabled...so handicapped? lol

Who woulda thought that I would delight, be grateful and cherish my increasing dependency on You. It wouldn't surprise me if, as I write that last sentence, that it would illicit a smile from You and a heartfelt "it's about time"...lol

I love You Father, and if You hadn't done all You did, through the work of Your Son and Holy Spirit, there's a very likely chance I would never have known You...I would never have had the relationship that I have today, with You. Just the thought of that scares me until I remember that You did do all that because of Your love for us and I am secure and at peace.

There's a song that comes to mind...

Bless the Lord, oh my soul,

and all that is within me,

Bless His Holy Name.

(((((Father God)))))

In Jesus Name,

32. He that even spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things?

The rvbv writes, "He that even spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all (both the R.V. and the King James neglect to translate the little particle (Gr. 'ge') which gives this passage its peculiar emphasis: Literally: "God for us....who even spared not His own Son!" went even that length.) - This is the God who is for us: and this is the proof! Spared not - what that word shows! Of the infinite price of redemption! of the measureless unconquerable love of God that would not be stopped at such frightful cost! "His own Son"; His only Son; His well-beloved Son, - from all eternity! And for us! Ah, how wretched we are, even in our own sight! guilty, undone, defiled, powerless, worthless, - for us all! Verily, "the most miserable of sheep!" (Zech. 11:7).

Then, delivered Him up - We remember immediately the same word in Chapter 4:25: "delivered up for our trespasses." Yea, we know for why: but unto what? gainsaying, mocking, spitting, scourging, crucifying - by men; and to the awful cup of wrath for our sin at God's hand - infinitely more appalling that any creature stroke! Yet God spared not - His own Son, but delivered Him up!

For us all - Here the saints are spoken of. (Paul never uses "us" of any others!) And who are the saints? Sinners who have heard God's good news concerning His Son, and have simply believed! Only faith can walk here! Unbelief, coming to the fearful gulf between the infinitely holy God and the awful guilt of the sinner, shrinks back; while faith, seeing Christ crucified, cries, God is for me! and passes gladly over the bridge God made - who spared not His own Son!

How shall He not also with Him freely give us all things? - The great gift, the unspeakable gift, being made, all must follow! "How shall He 'not', with Him? If you buy a costly watch at the jewelers, he sends it to you in a lovely case which he gives you freely - with your purchase. It is as in Chapter Five, with the "much mores." God has not spared His son: what are all else to Him? God has oopened to us His heart, He has spared not, - giving us His best, His all - even Christ. Now, with Him, all things come! God cannot but do this. Shall He give us His dear Son, and then hold back at trifles? For "all things" of this created universe, - yea, even all gifts or blessings God may give us, here or hereafter, are but nothing, compared with Christ!

"All things": It will greatly please God for us boldly to beg Him for this or that, saying: Thou didst not spare Thy Son, but gavest Him for me. Now I need a thing from Thee; and I ask it as one to whom Thou gavest Christ! "How shall He not?" no, "How shall He?" - as doubt would put it! Let "all things" be all things indeed to thee, - only seeking wisdom in asking. This verse is a great feeder of faith!"

Heavenly Father,

As I was typing the above just now, I was moved by the emphasis Newell put on the fact that "God has not spared His son: what are all else to Him? God has oopened to us His heart, He has spared not, - giving us His best, His all - even Christ. Now, with Him, all things come! God cannot but do this. Shall He give us His dear Son, and then hold back at trifles? For "all things" of this created universe, - yea, even all gifts or blessings God may give us, here or hereafter, are but nothing, compared with Christ!"

It's an important point to remember...the most costly and sacrificial gift You gave us in Christ...to us who had/have/could not done anything to deserve this gift... that all things pale in comparison. There is nothing higher that we could ask for, You already gave the highest, so anything we do ask, is below Him.

And, if You were willing to offer Your Son, how much more willing are You to, as You state in Your Word, to meet the needs, spiritually and humanly, that we have in our lives.

So Father, this morning, I interceed in prayer and pray for the salvation of those that lay on my heart. You know who they are. You've provided Your Son, and He purchased them already through His suffering. So, these people are already paid for, but I'm still dependent upon You to bring them to that place where they will experience Your love and salvation. Do this Father, for Christ's sake, for the pain and suffering He experienced was on their behalf too. Honor Your Son this day with these people that I love in my heart, placing them before You, and trusting You to bring them to a saving knowledge through Jesus Christ.

In Jesus Name I pray,

Spared not - what that word shows! Of the infinite price of redemption! of the measureless unconquerable love of God that would not be stopped at such frightful cost! "His own Son"; His only Son; His well-beloved Son, - from all eternity! And for us! Ah, how wretched we are, even in our own sight! guilty, undone, defiled, powerless, worthless, - for us all! Verily, "the most miserable of sheep!" (Zech. 11:7).

Thank you again Darlene for bring forth more study of the Word :wub:

Right at beginning when reading those words "spared not"; what came to my mind was "held nothing back". How He gave all! Nothing, absolutely nothing held back or even a tiny portion of something. How awesome our God is! What love he has shown for us. And then I realized the guilt of man in selfishly not letting go of all our burdens, our cares when such a price was paid that we may do so.