MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Year Did you join MrsSurvival??

Stephanie

The Year you Joined MrsSurvival  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What year did you join MrsSurvival (not counting lurking years)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wave: I'm here....lurking since Nov 05 off and on. Then summer of 07...06 I took a DEEP breath and ...stuck one tentative toe in the water. ....and just look where it got me. :laughkick: FINALLY found a whole bunch of people that think [kinda] like I do on this topic. :woohoo: This was my first and still ONLY board/whatever I have joined. Too computer incompetent to learn more. LOL Besides, this one keeps me BUSY!

The people who have come and gone have each left a mark... and I've come to realize how important Mrs Survival is to a whole 'nother world of lurkers.

It used to kind of "creep me out" to see how much the new people seemed to ALREADY KNOW US, and over and over they kept saying "I lurked for years". YEARS? How could you watch and laugh and learn with us and NOT jump in????

I understand it better now, and it's partly why I keep working to clarify things, to show older links, to pull in the old as well as the new. It helps with *perspective*.

I think of that often too, Cat. Those of us bold enough to post questions/answers will never really know how many others are always thankful their issue was addressed - because, for whatever reason, they will not post themselves. It's definitely one of the more unseen missions of MrsS. ....remember Jennysmom used to talk to the anonymouses....er, should that be anonymice? :P

:grouphug:

MtRider

Wow! This has been a very interesting poll! Lots of votes, that always makes it fun. :)

In case you can't remember when you joined...btw, you can click on your own name and view your profile. It will have the date there.

Keep voting.... looks like 2006 and 2007 are in a tie. :D

Stephanie, that old board glitch that messed up names probably *also* messed up join dates. The profile date could be wrong, as things got sorted out.

I'm jus' SAYin'... :shrug:

I found MrsS during the summer of '05. The guys (dbf and a buddy of his) were having a discussion, something to do with pack mules (Festus and Ruth type thangy) and Minnesota and and a horse dentist buddy and I was getting dragged along cuz they didn't want to clean fish and eat moldy food, oh, and cuz I make wine (YES! there was a wee bit of alcohol involved and drank during this conversation-LOL). I kinda wasn't paying attention til the middle part of the conversation and said..'What the h*** are you two talking about?!' And they replied: 'We're taking pack mules to Minnesota and you're going with us and we're gonna homestead us some land.' :0327: I pretty much told them they were idiots and there wasn't anymore land to homestead, that the last was in Alaska in the '70s and they didn't believe me, so I bet them and told them I could get on the 'net and prove it. That's how I FOUND MrsS. :24:

Buuuuuuuuut........

I didn't JOIN til......JANUARY 3, 2006!!!!!

Hmmmmm, come to think of it....I do believe they still owe me a drink. ;)

I admit I lurked a lot before I joined but that was because my husband is very strict about computer security that is one of his jobs where he works and also since he is military aka home land security I had to make sure thru him I would be safe. So if I had joined sooner I would have joined in 2007 but I waited to make sure I was safe I had already been here lurking for almost a year or longer. I loooove this place great folks here.

Gasp! Cookie was right. We WERE being monitored.

These are some old post from humor forum :24:

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21256

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28421

Yep, '06er here.

I believe I may have been a member pre-Y2K, I was active on a women's survival board, but I don't remember my user name so that I can check. Real Life got Real Hectic after '01!

rofl @ Louis...1492, eh? lol

Like Cat, I found, and joined MrsS in January of 1999. The site had been started May of 1998. In July 1999 I was approached by the woman who had started this site and asked if I'd like to buy it.

It was love at first sight for me with MrsS and so I immediately said yes.

The rest is history.

motherearth is our oldest member here. She joined within a few days of the site being launched and never left.

:woohoo: I knew the Year '06 was something special!! :cele:

Classy! I love it Luna!! Great word! :happy0203:

BTW, Cat, I was wondering about the accuracy on the profiles, glad you mentioned that. I do recall MtRider joining in 06 because she and Jennysmama and I were newbies together and the three of us have discussed that many times.

Granny, you're a great cheerleader! :cheer: I'm glad you're on my team!!!

And speaking of Cookie, I sure do miss her! (even if she's not a class of 06) ;)

Well I have something for two of our special members!

Motherearth!! :bouquet: For being the longest standing member! That is so cool and you are still such an important part!! :hug3:

And for Louis....leader of the Cavemen!! Chief Chat Duck! :darth duck: I have something for you too! :frying pan: :curtsey:

:happy0203:

Just now motherearth needs a rowboat! Lots of rain over there on the coast the past few days. boat.gif

This has been a blast!! Thank you to all who took time to vote and comment as well.

The poll is still open if you haven't voted and care to. :)

I think it is very interesting to see the results, says a LOT about MrsSurvival. Not only has she been around a decade, but she continues to grow. :thumbs:

Archived