MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I gave my notice

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

This has been comming to a head for awhile now.

I love my job, and I love working with customers. I just can't take the stress anymore.

The manager is a friend of mine, and this puts her in a bad spot. her assistant manager has to work the night shift and I am not willing to do that. So she asked another gal to take the job. I could still work full time, so I was fine with that. But the other gal is a power munger. All she thinks about is having *Power* over everyone else. She doesn't want to do any work, she just wants to boss others around and talk behind their backs.

This past week, I was in charge of the store while the manager was away. The minute the trouble maker walks into the store, it is nothing but a soap *I hate those shows!*

anyway, I can't say or do anything right around that woman and the manager tries to smooth the waters so that she doens't have to loose any full time workers.

but in the mean time, I take the beating. I can't do it anymore, and I won't. I gave my notice today to save my sanity and to save my friendship with the manager....

so now, I am looking for a job! are there any openings around here????

------------------

GK1.gif

Guest Guest

{{{{{Gardenkeeper}}}} I am so sorry you have had so much stress at your job. I hate people who are like that too frown.gif I really hope you find something you love that will pay the bills!

------------------

becca.jpg

Guest Guest

ummmmmm...there tons to do around here but the pay is terrible...it's non-existant! LOL

((((((garden keeper))))))

It sounds like you did the right thing by leaving. Your friendship and the daily quality of life far exceed this other woman's need to make you a whipping post. People like that are just plain miserable. I am glad to see though that you are doing what's best for YOU...

That's a lesson that's hard to learn sometimes. *sigh*

------------------

d5.jpg

Guest Guest

Thanks gals. I appreciate your back up on this. My DH is behind me all the way, but it sure would be nice if I had another job to go to before I quit! LOL

The Manager called me last night and begged me to stay at least until I find anotehr job... We shall see.

------------------

GK1.gif

It is so sad when one person can make such a mess for others.

I agree with the others though, your health and mind are not worth the things you have to deal with if you stay at this job. If you are able to find something different, I sure would.

Keep us informed.

((((Garden Keeper))))

Oh, by the way, I just love your sig. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Guest Guest

Oh boy, do I know what you are talking about. From personal experience, I would advise you not to go back until you find something else. It would only make things more complicated, they will not take you seriously about leaving, and it will be much harder to find another job. Don't go back and don't look back. I put up with so much abuse at my last job that they thanked me for not suing them. They did nothing about it which only made the situation worse. I am sure they were scared of that troublemaker. My only regret is that I didn't quit when it all started.

Oh Garden Keeper, I know how it is having a stressful job.....well, at least I used to! When I was able to quit the job, it was amazing...I felt like a new person!!! I used to cry everyday when I left work. I hope you are able to find a job that you can enjoy and doesn't take too much out of you! Have a great day! smile.gif

Guest Guest

Well, do you wanna hear the latest????

ok, I've been dying to tell SOMEONE! :lol

Glad you wanna hear it!

On Monday I tromped in on my day off, with a stiff neck and a headache to give my notice. I figured the neck and headache were from stress, so when I got home again, I took a bath and went to bed for awhile. I woke up with a stiff back and sore hips!

Tuesday I went to work as usual, and tried to put the events of the previous day behind me. I didn't have alot of energy and my joints were all very sore. By 4:00 pm, my time was up so I rushed out the door and headed home. I got the kids from daycare (my sister) took a bath and went to bed. My DH came home and fixed supper for the masses and let me stay in bed all night. During the night I awoke with the worst chills and pain in my life. I had a high fever and felt like a truck had run over me, not only once but made the trip back several times acorss my body so as not to miss a single spot.

I called my boss and told her that I was not feeling well enough to work, she told me to find someone to work for me, or I had to work anyway. I managed to get someone to fill in from 8:00am - 4:00 but I had to go in at 4:00. I spent the entire day in Bed until I had to get up and get ready for work.

I got there and started doing my job, got so sick I left. There was another gal working the front, so I told her why I was leaving and that if some one called for a Pizza or something to call, I would come back.

Thursday morning at 3:00am I woke my DH up and made him take me to the ER. That didn't do me alot of good though. They said I had a virus! no antibiotics would help anyway.

My DH called my boss (he was so pissed that she made me work as sick as I was the previous day!) he told her that I would not be comming in and I would not be finding anyone to work for me. She is the manager and it was her duty, not mine. shocked.gif

He stayed home from work to take care of me (he does not ever do that, he thought I would be dead if he left and came back)

Friday, I could only manage to work a very short shift. The gal that was there with me told me I could not leave. I left anyway! what are they gonna do? fire me???? LOL!!!!

Yesterday, I was finally feeling alot better. I went to work at 10:00am. By 1:00pm I was running a fever again and really wanted to get out of there. No one was around to work the rest of the shift so I had to stick it out. My DH and my sister came down to help me get my work done. My sister went to talk to my manager at her home.... (she is not afraid to speak her mind!) I just didn't have the strength to speak it myself! I got through the shift and went home just as soon as the next gal came one.

how is that for a week from the pits?

The gal that was working with me both times that I left is a real pill. She is now the Assistant Manager, since I resigned. May God have mercy on all the other workers there!!!

------------------

GK1.gif

Okay I'm putting you up for Saint Keeper wink.gif, yup, FULL canonization because I could NOT have gone back and still endured rude and callous treatment.

Your body is giving you the celestial hint, chica! Helllllllo, wake up and....hmmm maybe not smell the coffee but take the antibiotics. Your body has turned rebel. *g*

It knows this is a stressful, unnerving situation. Despite being friends with the boss it reminds you that the boss is not *defending* any of you or recognizing what a true worker you've always been.

Remember, you were looking for a job when you got this one. You'll land another and hurting yourself for the company is counter productive for you all.

Okay, Cookie climbing down off the soapbox but letting you know you REALLY need to think your priorities. As sick as you've been...think of it this way, do you want an epitaph that reads" she was always on time for work?" as being the defining point of your life?

A sound work ethic is wonderful, strong morals also, good friends and a loving partner a MUST. But you must have something for your soul too.What do you really WANT to do?

Hmmm, I'll stop (blush), sorry I got so preachy, but I watched loving friends of mine disinigrate from work down here.

Off my High Horse but still concerned, your goofier pal,

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

I'm embarrassed,

It's just this is a speech some loving friends gave ME over working in a craft store as opposed to finally getting a degree. I got brave and went for full time school and actually have two degrees (One is obviously not in English do to my prolific typos..LOL).

I have a decent job (but still expanding even though I am soon to be the *gasp* 40 . lOL).

I just wanted you to know I wasn't badmouthing you, just concerned and zealously giving you my point.LOL. You may box my bad girl ears anytime. *w*

Hugs and a fan of you, wink.gif

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Guest Guest

((((((Cookie)))))) you are quite a gal! I have every intention of quiting as soon as my 2 weeks are up. I need to call job service tomarrow to see if I have the right to walk off the job and get benifits. grin.gif

------------------

GK1.gif

[This message has been edited by Garden Keeper (edited July 28, 2002).]

Guest Guest

Oh cookie, cookie, cookie...you always crack me up...

And I quote..."do you want an epitaph that reads" she was always on time for work?" as being the defining point of your life?"

ROFL!

A simple statement that speaks volumes.

And Garden Keeper, I'm so glad you have loving family around you that can stand in the gap, draw lines that need to be drawn to protect you, when you're unable to do it yourself.

Keep us posted...I have a feeling the next place you work will be thrilling!

------------------

d5.jpg

Hugs and Laughter for you both, ((((Da "G"Mom, Darlene Da "homegirl"))))))

I just worry when my concern swings into preachy. (I can be the new super hero LOL "it's preachy woman to rescue and she has her soap box to stand on"!!! insert crowd roar here)

Part of it is a loving family friend- Gabe who works for the Miami school board (Yes, Darlene you may cringe, he is the last honest person working for them..LOL) actually had chest pains in his 36 year old heart!!! Stress? what stress? And was more concerned with failing his family and not completing his mission.

I told him his epitaph was "But he always got the boys to daycare on-time".

ROFL

I love G-Mom that you have such a great family that protects you and loves you. That's the best.

When you do Job Service, consider this, look into the state and federal jobs. A friend of mine *gracefully* 60+ landed a cool job helping visitors find hotel rooms and site seeing. Her last tour was at Daytona 500. Tell me that is NOT cool? LOL.

Okay, concern girl will behave.

hugs again to you both,

The flaming cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg