MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers and Support for Fort Hood

ANewMe

I have not seen anything on Mrs. S yet about the tragic, horrific incident that took place at Fort Hood today. I for one would like to send up prayers for those affected directly and indirectly by this senseless act. Thank God for the policewoman who took him down and I pray for a speedy recovery for her. Her bravery and action should be commended.

We are living in very scarey times....I support my troops 100% rather they are here or serving us elsewhere. They have an often thankless job so that I can sit in the comfort of my bed and type and visit here online. Spouses maintain a home and family alone and children go without one or both parents in order for us to have the freedoms we have. Tonight some will go to sleep alone only to wake up and find it to be permanent.

I thank God for each and every one in uniform and those that make it possible for them to serve. I made it a point to text my nephew today and tell him how much I appreciate him, the guys he serves with and once again tell him that I love him.

Have you told a soldier thank you? I did today....but I haven't done it enough.

God Bless our men and women in uniform...God Bless our Country

th_FALLGOODMORNING1.gif

Yes, we should all be praying for the families of those who were shot.

It is a sad thing to have happen at any time and any place.

We should be praying for those in the service all the time.

Thank you for posting this.

th_FALLHUGSBEAR.gifth_HAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

I watched all this unfold from the time I got home yesterday and it was with great sadness and anguish that I did so. Horrific, and his motivations are both psychological and ideaological as a radical , bearing on the various interviews with those who were interviewed. But there is no excuse for this. I fear this will now happen more in the future months, because we do know some will turn to radical beliefs. That is my fear. I also know DHS will use this 'politically' to prove their point, although in reality this is only a tiny percentage and we all know this, especially the vets and families of vets here and everywhere.

My prayers are nearly continual for everyone who was killed, wounded and their families and friends and the safety of everyone that are on these military bases across the country, now. Be vigilant my friends, and pray this does not blossom into many such events from now on.

:americanflag::grouphug::sad-smiley-012::pray:

Amen

I have been praying since it happened. I pray for the soldiers and their families daily, but those prayers are multiplied after this incident.

I'm a Texan and was so shocked when this first popped up on my computer yesterday afternoon. Went straight home to watch the coverage...I was in disbelief. When found out the details of the shooter and then today the other thiings that have come out. It breaks my heart. My prayers are also going up for those family members of lost ones and in the hospital.

I'm a native Texian too, and this really hits home. The shooter has been transferred to my hometown, San Antonio, to Brooke Army Med Center (BAMC).

There was talk on the radio (interviews) that there are those who are testing, probing and watching to see how we react to this event. Further discussion of that is best left to "The Edge" rather than here, so I'll just add my prayers for mercy on all the victims, their families and colleagues.

:pray:

Archived