MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Robert Z

SCORE!!! Canned pink salmon at Kroger

I was passing through Kroger today picking up a couple odds and ends (and scouting for bargains). I spotted a manager looking fellow roughly tossing cans of salmon out of a display and into a cart. I asked him what was to come of them, he replied they where going to be marked down to blow out prices. I checked the date and it was almost 2 years from todays date, so I asked why. He said they bought a truckload of them and marked them cheap ($1.99 per can) to get a rush in sales, today is the last day of the sale and this was all that was left of them, he said he had no room to put them back into stock. I said how much, he said $.75 per can. I said I will take 30 of them....

I wish I had gone on and bought all he had (about 30 more)

O.k. now we need to post the salmon recipes! Great buy Robert. For my salmon cakes I just take out the big bones, add an egg and some crushed saltines. A little salt and pepper. Shape into patties and fry in hot oil. Yummy. What are you going to do with all your salmon?

for now I will pad my preps with it. I already had about 10 cans I bought at regular price. I will use the first in first out method and work my way through them.

My personal favorite is salmon rice and peas!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.