MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

FAMILY

FAMILY

Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the

company that we are working for could easily

replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than into our own family, an unwise investment indeed, don't you think?

So what is behind the story?

Do you know what the word FAMILY means?

FAMILY =

(F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU

Someone sent this to me today. I thought it expressed in a very simplistic way; the powerful effect on the importance and priority of family.

Don't work to hard in other places besides home. Enjoy your families today!! A FAMILY may come in all different sizes and variations...but the bond that holds people together is LOVE smile.gif

Blessings,

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Thank you Ginger, this is very good. More people need to think about this.

It is so right, most people are so busy working they forget they need to spend time with the family. This is so sad, as the kids grow up so fast and then move away and you don't get to see them much.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

A dear friend recently gave me this powerful advise and it has stopped me from going down the wrong road of mixed up priorities.

"Everytime you say YES outside the home, you are really saying NO to your family."

This sentence has changed my priorities and I pray that I continue to say YES to my family and no to the outside world!!

------------------

eaglew.jpg

You bet, Lynnie!! There is not a college degree in this world that can compare to being there when your baby says his/her first word! smile.gif You go, Girl!!

I realize that there are many ways to bring up children and while I believe for me personally, it meant my staying home during the young child years. Ahhhh, those were the years!! I wish I could bottle them up and preserve those years for all time!!

I do have many friends and relatives that would not be the wonderful mothers they are today if not for their careers and career choices. These mothers make the very best nurses, lawyers, teachers and physcologists any one of us would wish to have, if in need of thier services. On off work hours they determinely make up for those times serving others at work and kick in overdrive in creative parenting. These children are blessed!!

I know many professionals mother's who have creatively adjusted their schedules or have put thier careers on hold for thier childrens formative years. I admire thier sacrifices, both financial and position advancement for the betterment of the family.

Whether a woman works or not isn't the big deal...but treasure those young years, make the most of every day. Delight in those little ones on up to teens. I tell myself daily, I do certainly do not want to wait until I am a *grandmother* to enjoy children...I want to enjoy them today, in the here and now!!!

Blessings All!!

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Guest Guest

The proudest thing i have ever done is to stay home with my children before they started school. We chose a simplier lifestyle(a nice way to say we were poor). I have never regreted it(although now that my husban is leaving me and he is getting his PHD - I have one yr of university- I regret not being already educated) but I can always go back to school- I will never get back those precious years. I'm so grateful to have experienced them.