MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I have swine

ANewMe

I don't know how long this post will be as I have never felt this bad, but I wanted to let you guys know what was going on first hand with me. I just got back from a clinic in another town and I have Swine.

She told me my test turned rather quickly and that all the sample that they were sending were coming back positive for Swine so they told them to stop sending them. She said a lot of cases are better within a few days and go back to work after being fever free for 24 hours, but mine was particularly severe and she did not foresee me being up and about for 5 to 8 days. She also said that she was giving me an antibiotic as well because most of the cases she treated came back with secondary infections involving bronchitis or pneumonia.

Aches are not really the description I would give...these pains are bone deep. The only relief I get is to get in a hot tub and soak then get into bed. Problem is I'm so weak I have a hard time getting back and forth. I'm short winded and my chest is extremely heavy. Chest and back hurt badly. My glands are swollen very largely down my neck, but she said this is good because it means my immune system is trying to fight it. Don' t mean to sound whiney but I have had flu before but never experienced what I am experiencing now. This is horrible. I hope to God my babies don't get this.

just thought I'd give you first hand account though....hope you all stay well.

I'll be praying for you, ANM...but do be prepared for the possibility that your little ones will get this. :( From our experience, this flu is extremely virulent. It went through the four of us so methodically it was almost scary. I'm so sorry that you're feeling so terribly. Just take baths as much as possible, and take some Tylenol -- the bath/Tylenol combo was all that helped with my body aches and headaches -- and try to rest as much as you possibly can, in case you have to be up with the kiddos while you're still not totally recovered. If your chest starts to actively HURT, like it hurts each time you take a breath, get to the doctor ASAP. That's a possible sign of pneumonia setting in. HUGS to you, sweetie...please let us know how you're doing when you have enough energy to get on the computer again. :hug3:

Thanks guys..

So I guess this would be day 3 of this cursed stuff...

When I awoke I thought that maybe I felt a little better. I didn't ache as much so i got up and moved around....all of maybe 10 minutes and WHAMO. I don't think I have had fever today...I've not really gotten back up.

The thing about the breathing and chest.....I hurt very badly in my upper back and it hurts in my chest. I can't lay on my back because it is too painful and I don't feel like I can breath very well when I do get up. If I get up and move I start hacking horribly. I got in the tub earlier and when I got out I don't know what happened. I came out of the bathroom and was trying to get dressed and just couldn't go anymore. Don't think I really passed out....just couldn't go more. I laid down right there and that is where DH found me. Scared him to death but i was just so weak. Would that be normal?

I've not really had the flu much....a couple times....a very mild case last year or they thought, but until then not for more than 10 years. I was prepping to take care of family getting sick in the event we got it here....never thought of me getting sick. Daughter had been running fever before I got sick but she's fine now.

Sorry for the language ya'll but this sux.

(((((((((((((((((((ANew))))))))))))) Praying for you & family.

Do NOT drink anything cold..Drink plenty of hot drinks or room temperature. Take HOT baths/showers & turn heater way up til you sweat. Then turn back down...Open windows to air house out & change the sheets...

Or have hubby do it :-)

Viruses are very fragile & can not live in heat.

God bless you..

Thanks guys..

So I guess this would be day 3 of this cursed stuff...

When I awoke I thought that maybe I felt a little better. I didn't ache as much so i got up and moved around....all of maybe 10 minutes and WHAMO. I don't think I have had fever today...I've not really gotten back up.

The thing about the breathing and chest.....I hurt very badly in my upper back and it hurts in my chest. I can't lay on my back because it is too painful and I don't feel like I can breath very well when I do get up. If I get up and move I start hacking horribly. I got in the tub earlier and when I got out I don't know what happened. I came out of the bathroom and was trying to get dressed and just couldn't go anymore. Don't think I really passed out....just couldn't go more. I laid down right there and that is where DH found me. Scared him to death but i was just so weak. Would that be normal?

I've not really had the flu much....a couple times....a very mild case last year or they thought, but until then not for more than 10 years. I was prepping to take care of family getting sick in the event we got it here....never thought of me getting sick. Daughter had been running fever before I got sick but she's fine now.

Sorry for the language ya'll but this sux.

Honey, you might oughta go back and get your chest listened to so as to make sure you don't have fluid in there. That sounds pretty scary to me. Does anyone know how to teach her DH to make a mustard plaster?

Just fixed some hot tea and thought I'd check in....I'm so tired of laying around but getting on here is about the extent of it right now. I did call my Dr and they said that there wasn't anything they could do for me any differently than the MEA clinic did on the weekend. They said it could very easily be pneumonia but the med's that she put me on is exactly what they would put me on if it was pneumonia so I'm covered. Of course they said if I get to short winded to go to ER. So theres that.

The bone-breaking aches are gone, the ear aches are gone.....now I'm just weak, worn out, and hurting in chest and back. I'm resorting to sleeping propped up because when I lay flat I feel it bubble...that is a very weird feeling. Thanks for the prayers. I think I will catch up on some videos my dear friend sent me. Take care.

ANM

Sweetie, bubbling chest=extreme buildup of fluid=NOT GOOD!!!!! Please, please go to the ER, especially if this gets much worse. We'll all feel so much better to know that you are safe and sound. I've had pneumonia and I know exactly what you are talking about with the pain in the chest and the bubbling breathing...please, get attention and let us know if you're okay!!!!! :(

Hi all...thank you so much for the prayers. i have not been on because my world has turned upside down.

I felt somewhat better over weekend and went back to work Monday. It was rough. Made it through the day yesterday, but i was also required to go back and work a basketball game. I guess it was too much. I'm home today. I still feel the rattle in my chest and get short winded. I'm going to Dr. today and i will demand a chest xray if they don't do one. Don't knwo what I will do because I no longer have anyone to sub for me if i have to be out and I'm almost out of days.

I'm sure the stress I'm under is not helping. My son turned 18 Thursday and walked out Saturday. I haven't seen him since. Of course, he went right back over to that girlfirend and her mom. I'm sure it was planned. We took his phone and his truck and they went and got him a phone last night...he was sure to text and let me know he now had one. He skipped school the past few days but thankfully is there today...i hope he will pull his head out of his tail and graduate. At this point all we can do is sit back and watch him destroy himself....it's not easy. So I'm sure the stress is not helping.

Take care of yourself 1st. If you have given your child a good moral base than they will return to it. At least that is what everyone is telling me about my delinquent. Things are getting better for me. I do so hope things inprove for you soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

2:10 am....I can't sleep so I thought I'd post.

Dr. immediatley Xrayed my chest and he says I have pneumonia. No suprise there. Got two shots...rosephin and decadron. Worried about the decadron because they have tried to give it to me during bad fibro flares before and it tore down my immune system...didn't think about it at the time. So I'm lucky to have an awesom boss and she said no way was I to come to work this week and they would work something out if they couldn't find a sub.

As far as my son. I got to see him today. We bought him a phone on Fri and renewed his contract for his birthday. So since he has a new phone I want to cancel. In order to do so i have to return hiis phone. I had to BUY IT BACK from him in order to get it and he KNEW I was asking for it to cut our bill since he no longer has access to the number and no longer needs it with his new line.... so whatever it took. In doing so I was given the opportunity to meet with him at a gas station.

I put a golf club in my truck because I thought the crazy momma-wanna-be may be with them, but either unfortunatley or lucky...not sure which yet, she was not. He's all laughs and giggles. Had even texted to tell us he loves us...but won't accept our calls or texts. It's all a game to them. And he is torturing us. So I did what I never thought I would do. I told him i would love him always but don't contact us until he got his act together. I thought I would choke. I scream, vented and cried....and then I told him to make sure the wanna-be-mamma knew that her day would come and when I saw her i would whoop her a**, and to prove my point I made sure he knew that I had come prepared to do just that. I'm not normally a violent person, but they have messed with his head so badly....not that I'm diverting blame from him....and I have a hard time with people who mess with my kids.

After doing all of this...I strangely came to a different place. Yes, still mad....but now I'm just overwhelmingly sad. It will be a tough holiday. I cancelled Christmas with my brother because he and my Dad came up with this idea that we stole our sons Social Security Check that he receives from his biological moms death. Of course, every penny has been spent to provide for this high maintenance child but they said it should not have been touched and we should have provided everything. And it's pretty obvious that our dear son went and demonized us and got that started when he didn't get his way so now I only have my Mom. If he TRYS to comes home it will only be to get presents so not sure how I will handle that now. If i don't get better I will have no presents to put under the tree because I have not finished my shopping.

So now I focus on getting well....lots of rest....and hopefully I can limit my stress. Thanks for all of your prayers. Maybe in the next few days I can catch up on reading on here and visiting.

I'm sorry you have to deal with swine, pneumonia, your son's bad choices and the other drama all at once. I've been in similar territory; it does stink.

Prayers from here that all will be resolved in your favor, but first, work on recovering from the flu.

((((((((((((ANM)))))))))))))))

ANM,

I read here often but don't post a lot. Reading what you have been going through moved me to write this.

I'm also sorry you are having to cope with so many troubles. I'm glad you're getting doctor's attention, but please be careful with the pneumonia---it's dangerous.

I'm especially sorry to read what's going on with your son. I've always said no one can bring us as much joy as our children, and no one can hurt us as much as our children. I hope he comes to his senses soon.

ANM, I feel so terrible for you. My family went through a similar situation with my estranged sister...I pray that your son will learn to make wise decisions and stop these "games" that are hurting you so much. A mother's heart is strong, but the children she loves can break it...sweetie, you will be in my prayers, for your health, your heart, your family, and especially for strength. Just try your hardest to remember that the Lord can take the most terrible situation and bring good from it. I will be praying that the good in this situation will come quickly, and that it includes your son coming back to his loving family. God bless you, sweetie...and please PLEASE take care of yourself first and foremost, because if you're not healthy you can't take care of anyone else! Rest and heal, honey. :hug3:

Archived