MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Romans 9:10-13

Darlene

Heavenly Father,

This morning when I woke up, my heart has been filled with an urgency regarding Your children. It's interesting to note that when I'm under spiritual attack, at times I can do nothing more but hang on and trust You...but when I see other people going through their own unique attacks, I get angry.

I know how it feels to be under attack, and Father I can't help but sense that these attacks will not only increase, but will deepen. It's as if the enemy knows that his time is running out and so he is beginning to pour out his full wrath, foregoing deceptions at times, and instead just releasing his desire to destroy all of us that belong to You, our Heavenly Father, our God.

I'm concerned Father God because this is all very serious. I'm concerned because I know that we will fail on our own strength. I know that we will only get through the days ahead by anchoring our position in Christ. I don't know how to explain well, what is in my heart, but Father I am asking You this morning, in advance of the spiritual hits to come, to pour out Your Spirit, as You have promised in Your Word, in these last days.

Before Christ went to that Cross, He prayed a prayer. This morning, I take my position beneath this High Priestly prayer and ask that His hearts desire would be fulfilled in all Your children. There is no prayer higher than this...than the one from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, so I remind You Father of how He lifted each of us up at that moment, before You, interceeding on our behalf:

5And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence as I had with You before the world existed.

6I have manifested Your Name [i have revealed Your very Self, Your real Self] to the people whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have obeyed and kept Your word.

7Now [at last] they know and understand that all You have given Me belongs to You [is really and truly Yours].

8For the [uttered] words that You gave Me I have given them; and they have received and accepted [them] and have come to know positively and in reality [to believe with absolute assurance] that I came forth from Your presence, and they have believed and are convinced that You did send Me.

9I am praying for them. I am not praying (requesting) for the world, but for those You have given Me, for they belong to You.

10All [things that are] Mine are Yours, and all [things that are] Yours belong to Me; and I am glorified in (through) them. [They have done Me honor; in them My glory is achieved.]

11And [now] I am no more in the world, but these are [still] in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep in Your Name [in the knowledge of Yourself] those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We [are one].

12While I was with them, I kept and preserved them in Your Name [in the knowledge and worship of You]. Those You have given Me I guarded and protected, and not one of them has perished or is lost except the son of perdition [Judas Iscariot--the one who is now doomed to destruction, destined to be lost], that the Scripture might be fulfilled

13And now I am coming to You; I say these things while I am still in the world, so that My joy may be made full and complete and perfect in them [that they may experience My delight fulfilled in them, that My enjoyment may be perfected in their own souls, that they may have My gladness within them, filling their hearts].

14I have given and delivered to them Your word (message) and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world [do not belong to the world], just as I am not of the world.

15I do not ask that You will take them out of the world, but that You will keep and protect them from the evil one.

16They are not of the world (worldly, belonging to the world), [just] as I am not of the world.

17Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth.

18Just as You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.

19And so for their sake and on their behalf I sanctify (dedicate, consecrate) Myself, that they also may be sanctified (dedicated, consecrated, made holy) in the Truth.

20Neither for these alone do I pray [it is not for their sake only that I make this request], but also for all those who will ever come to believe in (trust in, cling to, rely on) Me through their word and teaching,

21That they all may be one, [just] as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe and be convinced that You have sent Me.

22I have given to them the glory and honor which You have given Me, that they may be one [even] as We are one:

23I in them and You in Me, in order that they may become one and perfectly united, that the world may know and [definitely] recognize that You sent Me and that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me.

24Father, I desire that they also whom You have entrusted to Me [as Your gift to Me] may be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory, which You have given Me [Your love gift to Me]; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

25O just and righteous Father, although the world has not known You and has failed to recognize You and has never acknowledged You, I have known You [continually]; and these men understand and know that You have sent Me.

26I have made Your Name known to them and revealed Your character and Your very Self, and I will continue to make [You] known, that the love which You have bestowed upon Me may be in them [felt in their hearts] and that I [Myself] may be in them.

This is my prayer this day. You are my hope, You are my refuge, and even if my fingers slip when I'm desperate to hang on, I trust and know (because You have proven this over and over again), that You will never, ever, ever let me go. My relationship with You, and the fact that nothing will ever seperate me from You, is not based on my own will or strength...it's based on You and Your faithfulness, Your mercy and grace.

I need to learn how to describe "I love You" better than just relying on those words alone. They just don't cut it anymore...the depth of how I feel towards You is so much deeper and meaningful than that.

(((((my Heavenly Father Who I trust)))))

In Jesus Name I pray,

10. And not only so; but Rebecca also having conceived by one, - by our father Isaac:

11. For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done anything good or bad, that the purpose of God, according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth,

12. It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13. Even as it is written, Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.

The rvbv writes in regard to verses 10 and 11: "In the former passage it is brought out that Isaac was a child of promise, not merely a natural generation. In the present passage the Divine sovereignty - "the purpose of God according to election" - is seen extending still further than birth, to the disposition of the condition and affairs of the children thus promised. The elder shall serve the younger, is not only a prophecy that Jacob would inherit and obtain the Divine blessing, and that his seed (as in the days of David and Solomon) would be temporarily triumphant over the Edomites, Esau's descendants; but also looks far into the future beyond the brief triumph of the Herodians, the Edomites, in the days of Christ and the apostles, to the day when, as Balaam was forced against his will to prophecy:

"There shall come forth a Star out of Jacob,

And a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel,

And shall smite through the corners of Moab,

And break down all the sons of tumult.

And Edom shall be a possession;

Seir also shall be a possession, who were his enemies;

While Israel doeth valiantly" (Num. 24:17,18).

"And they [israel and Judah when the Lord returns, agrees Isaiah], shall put forth their hand upon Edom and Moab, and the children of Ammon shall obey them" (Isa. 11:14).

Verses 12 and 13: The elder shall serve the younger, and, Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated - These words are chosen from the first and from the last books of the Old Testament. As to "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated," a woman once said to Mr. Spurgeon, "I cannot understand why God should say that He hated Esau." "That,", Spurgeon replied, "Is not my difficulty madam. My trouble is to understand how God could love Jacob!" All men being sinners, we must allow God to "retreat into His own sovereignty," to act as He will. You and I may say, Esau proved himself entirely unworthy of the covenant blessings, for he despised them. This, however, will be seen to be a shallow view of the statement of the eleventh verse, that the prophecy of their future was told to their mother while the children were yet in her womb, not having done anything good or bad. For the Divine statement concerning His own election, and His providence that carries out that election, is very plain, that it is not of works but of Himself, who gives the creature his calling. We have already in Romans seen and believed that righteousness is not of works but of Divine grace - uncaused by us. Now let us just as frankly bow to God's plain statement that His purpose according to election is likewise not of human works. That is to say, the favor of God to the children of promise (to those whom He has given to Christ) is not procured by their response to God's grace, but contrariwise, their response to God's grace is because they have been given to Christ."

Heavenly Father,

What can one say to the verses studied today? I can only speak for myself, but as I typed out the above, I can't escape the "why me, Lord?"....I sure fall into the category of having 'no' works...I never was one to care much about pretenses, or about what other people would think. I just did as I wanted, end of story. At least there are some people who 'tried' to be good lol.

Regardless, I am feeling infinitely small compared to You...You just feel enormous at the moment and while my head thinks I should feel a little scared, my heart is filled with Your peace.

Oh, Father God, I dunno what to say, I'm just in tears.

In Jesus Name I pray,