MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
urbanforager

Wanted: Goat Skin

Hello!

Okay, this is a weird one. I hope I get at least one person to respond to this (one's all I need, really).

I have a very nice ceramic drum body that someone made for me. I was going to tan a deer hide (rawhide) to put over it for the drumhead, until DH told me that that might not work very well. (It's not a Native American style drum -- it's a doumbek.) He seems to think that deerskin wouldn't be strong enough.

So now I'm looking for a circle of goatskin to use instead. I'll need a piece that's at least one foot square -- the outside diameter of the opening of the drum is 9 1/2 inches, and I'd like at least 1 inch all round for overlap. It just needs to be rawhide, without hair.

If anyone can help, please contact me through PM. I'm willing to barter, trade, or pay.

Thanks so much!

Hello!Okay, this is a weird one. I hope I get at least one person to respond to this (one's all I need, really)...........So now I'm looking for a circle of goatskin to use instead. I'll need a piece that's at least one foot square -- the outside diameter of the opening of the drum is 9 1/2 inches, and I'd like at least 1 inch all round for overlap. It just needs to be rawhide, without hair.

I don't think it is weird at all. We do butcher our goats and we be willing to sell/barter/trade you a goat skin, however we do not have any that we will be butchering any time soon so I cannot help you right now. I hope you are able to find one.

Hello!Okay, this is a weird one. I hope I get at least one person to respond to this (one's all I need, really)...........So now I'm looking for a circle of goatskin to use instead. I'll need a piece that's at least one foot square -- the outside diameter of the opening of the drum is 9 1/2 inches, and I'd like at least 1 inch all round for overlap. It just needs to be rawhide, without hair.

I don't think it is weird at all. We do butcher our goats and we be willing to sell/barter/trade you a goat skin, however we do not have any that we will be butchering any time soon so I cannot help you right now. I hope you are able to find one.

See, I really need to check in more often....

I see that your reply to my original post was in mid-December. Are you now (end of May) approaching goat-butchering time? I'm an urban (well, urban-ish) kid, so I don't know when these things happen. Please let me know, and I swear I'll check this thread from time to time! :lol:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.