MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Romans 9:25-27

Darlene

Heavenly Father,

I can't believe that I've been doing this Romans study for almost a year, and I'm only in the 9th chapter. There is still 200 pages left the the rvbv reference I use, so I still have a way to go.

I have to say that I'm in awe at what You've taught me thus far. Each time I do one of these studies, it's as if I sit down for a 'spiritual meal', and at the end, am so full that all I want to do is be quiet for a while and absorb all the spiritual nutrients that have come out during that process.

I sit here and talk to You about a variety of things...thinking about all that has transpired over these past 3 years, where You've taken me geographically, and most important, where You've grown me spiritually. I ponder all the things I've learned in going from the hustle and bustle of the city to the simplicity and quietness of the country and I am amazed by how You've taught me enormous lessons spiritually through often dismissed and overlooked things found in this type of environment.

There are times when I half heartedly question You and say, "are You sure this is where You wanted me to go?", and when I do, I already know the answer. The answer and proof is found in the work You have done in my life these past few years. It's not that You couldn't have done it down in the city...it's that You chose to do it here. I know this isn't where the road ends, there is still more to come, but I'm not sure where and how, You want to take me next. So Father God, I ask for Your clarity...I ask that You would open the doors You choose. I ask that Your Spirit would lead me and guide me, always keeping me in the center of Your will.

As I go to do today's study, bless all who read it Father. May Your peace and love flood their hearts and may they find themselves falling in love with You all over again.

In Jesus Name I pray,

25. As He saith also in Hosea,

I will call that my people which was not my people;

And her beloved, that was not beloved.

26. And it shall be, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not My people,

There shall they be called sons of the Living God.

27. And Isaiah criety concerning Israel,

If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea,

The Remnant shall be saved:

The rvbv writes in regard to verse 25:

"Paul here, in a most remarkable way, takes from the prophet Hosea (2:23) a passage that distinctly refers to Israel: as Peter, quoting the same place says: "Ye are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, who in time past were no people, but now are the people of God." For here we see the "Remnant according to the election of Grace," addressed by Peter, their Apostle. The nation after the flesh was apostate; but God views believing Israelites as perpetuating - not the national place, which has been forfeited for the present - but His lovingkindness to those which He had called His "people"; His "elect nation." "To you first," Peter said to Israel after Pentecost, "God, having raised up His Son, sent Him to bless you." So that Paul and Peter are in perfect agreement that Hosea 2:23 fits believing Israelites.

And then we have Hosea quoted again! But now it is Chapter 1:10, last part.

Verse 26:
And it shall be, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there shall they be called the sons of the living God.
Here now come the Gentiles, - according to verse 24. No Gentile nation was ever called 'a people' of God! Nor are the Gentiles today called such. Although in the Millennium all the Gentiles "upon whom the Lord's Name is called," will seek Him (Acts 15:17); yet Israel are his elect 'people', always.

But now, "some better thing" has been provided for us (Heb. 11:40) both Jewish and Gentile believers of this "day of Salvation": Sons of the Living God! See Galatians 4:1-7. The Spirit of God's Son cries Abba, Father, in our hearts, who "partake of the heavenly calling."

God's infinite grace takes up those who were once (and that by our Lord Himself) called "dogs" - as compared with the "children" - nation of Israel, and gives them a heavenly calling: far above that of earthly Israel, - even when restored! "Sons of the Living God" - oh, let us give praise unto Him!

Verse 27:
And Isaiah crieth concerning Israel, If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, the Remnant shall be saved.
Here the apostle takes another prophet, Isaiah, and quotes again from two passages; and again from the later one first. The 27th verse is from Isaiah 10:22. Some estimate the Jewish population as 20,000,000 (though that probably is too high). If we read Ezekiel 20:33-38, we see the Lord Jehovah, "with wrath poured out" bringing Israel out from the nations (He is beginning this now!); and cutting off "the rebels" amongst them, - the rebels against the national Divine calling as a separate nation to Jehovah. Only the Remnant will be left; for, as Isaiah says, "a destruction is determined!" How solemn these words! And let them sink into our foolish Gentile hearts; for only a "few men left" of all the nations, will enter the Millennium."

Heavenly Father,

I can't help but think and feel these days that our relationship and walk with You is so incredibly serious. Perhaps that's because of all the years I lived independently from You, not knowing or understanding the wealth of intimacy I was missing out, that I so desperately crave for these days.

Sometimes I look into peoples eyes and can't help but think, "do they really know Who You are? Are they really ready for what will come?". It scares me sometimes because I remember the period of time in my life when I thought I was ready and prepared for anything, only to find myself groveling on the floor, hopeless, devestated and alone. That taught me that outside of You...that on my own will, own strength alone, I'm surely destined for failure.

It is only You...You, You, You, You, You. Have mercy on Your people, for You know far better than I, the attack the enemy is waging on all he can steal. Your Word says You will pour out Your Spirit in these last days so Father I just ask that You would increase that measure, because without Your power, Your strength, You wisdom, You intervention, Your mercy, Your grace, Your faithfulness, we just won't make it.

I have peace in my heart though Father because all I have asked above, is already promised to us in Your Word.

I love You so much, and I need You very much. I just want to press in closer to You this day.

In Jesus Name I pray,

It is only You...You, You, You, You, You. Have mercy on Your people, for You know far better than I, the attack the enemy is waging on all he can steal. Your Word says You will pour out Your Spirit in these last days so Father I just ask that You would increase that measure, because without Your power, Your strength, You wisdom, You intervention, Your mercy, Your grace, Your faithfulness, we just won't make it.

:amen:

MtRider :pray: