MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Spitfire crawls slowly and tiredly into the room....

"Oh, oh, someone must have hid my French Toast Crunch. I am sooooooo tired. I am also so sorry that I haven't been around much. You'd think for someone who just got back online, in well over five months and then some, I'd be jumping away and zipping here and there as usual. "

* Spit slumps down in the nearest, softest looking chair. *

"Whoa boy, am I tired. I just felt I had to explain my lack of the usual enthusiasm. Where to start?!?! Well, first off, my DH had an industrial accident on May 14th. He's been home and on Workers Compensation ever since. He was hit in the head by an eight foot chain (two inch links) from above about 10-12 feet. He suffered "Mild to Moderate Brain Trauma", which is a long way to say brain damage."

* Spit sinks deeper into the chair, and sighs *

" We have been so busy with Dr's and speciallists and all the tests etc. I had to take on a second job working nights. I started just one week after his injury. I'd work from 11 p.m. - 7 a.m., get home get the kids up (all five), get breakfasts and lunches made, get them all out the door or to school, as one of them needs a ride. Then I would come home, get one hours sleep, get up go to my day job and then come home after it for another hours sleep. By then all the kids were home and I'd do supper, and then go for an hour or two,(depending on the time) then get up and do it all over again. This was only temperary though as I was laid off from the School Board at the end of June. This is normal for all support staff. "

* Spitfire looks around with a tired look on her face, wanting to get up and get a drink and a cookie from the freshly laiden table, that someone must have set up just before she got here. But she is too tired to move. *

"Ever since June 30th, I have been just working p/t nights and taking care of the kids, who are home for the Summer, and my husband, who is on five different kinds of medication and requires supervision, alot!!!

At the moment the gal I work with, who does the full-time parts of my job, just went on holidays two nights ago, until August 22. So I get all her full time hours and most of my p/t hours too. It's good money, for a short period of time, but not much sleep. I tend to sleep most of the day. So I don't have much time to watch T.V., read, eat, come to visit everyone here, or see my family." frown.gif

* Spit sits looking like something the cat dragged in *

" I need a good dose of sleep and French Toast Crunch. But I do have to say that I have lost 27 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months. So there has been an upside to it all. I need to lose more than that, but I am feeling better about myself." smile.gif

" So forgive me all. I will endeavor to visit more often. Actually I do visit and read the new posts, but am usually just getting home, like now, and go right to bed. So I'm not really am with it, enough to post or reply to posts. I am sorry, I am not my usual trouble-making self." grin.gif

* Spit drags herself out of the comfy chair and looks around for her bed *

"Hmmmmmmm, well time for beddy. I luv and miss you all. And for all the new people here (WOW) shocked.gif Just ask anyone about me, I'm sure they will be more than happy to fill you in a little bit about me." wink.gif

spitzfire.jpg

[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited August 04, 2002).]

Oh Spot so sorry to hear about your husband. My prayers are with you. Try to take care of yourself, if you get sick then you will look like cinamon toast crunch cereal.

We will forgive you for not making trouble and until you are back on your feet, your husband that is, Beb and I will take care of the trouble, rest assured.

What did you do with the school board? I am support staff as well and laid off for the summer. Where in Canada do you live?

So many questions don't worry about answering, drag your sorry little body to bed.

Love

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

In Alberta. Where are you??? I was Support Staff, doing all sorts of things. Preparing teachers materials, photocopying, laminating, answerring phones, filing, cleaning, looking after children at recess, and supervising them at lunch. There were alot more duties too, but that just touchs on it. What do you do??

spitzfire.jpg

I do need everyone ICQ #'s again, or you can just find mine under my profile and add me to your list. In fact, that would be better, as it would take everyone no time to do that, but it would take me a long time to add you all. Please!!! And I'm so tired and have so little time. So please, I want to have to all back, and even the newbies too!!! smile.gif Thank you everyone!

* Spitfire blows everyone a big kiss *

"Oh and BTW, Welcome, Lynnie!!! MM and I live in Canada, too. Come visit the Canada Connection anytime. We tend to have big parties down there. My DH is a Newfie, so there's always lots of virtual food to eat, drink and plenty of song!!!"

spitzfire.jpg

[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited August 04, 2002).]

OH Spit, I'm so sorry for all your troubles! frown.gif

Most of our school support staff are unionized around here. They DO NOT get laid off during the summer, they are expected to come back the next year. Their salary is based on a specific number of days worked per year, just like the teachers are. They get the summers off and their benefits continue from year to year.

Take care of yourself girlfriend. And put those five kids to work!! Some of them must be old enough to get dinner ready, even if it's just grilled cheese sandwiches.

------------------

gl.jpg

Sorry to hear about all your difficulties.

I will pray for you and yours to come through this with your health intact.

Blessing on all of you. best wishes sent with love ((((((Spitfire))))))))

------------------

lois.jpg

((((((Spitfire)))))))

Here's a nice tall glass of fresh squeezed lemonade and a plate of just of of the oven peanut butter cookies. You rest now, dear!!

I'm blessed that you can spend anytime at all with us!! May we be a shelter in the storm for you anytime you have need of us smile.gif

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers,

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Guest Guest

{{{{{{{{Spitfire}}}}}}} We missed you! So sorry about your DH frown.gif I sure hope you get some rest soon!

Becca tucks Spit into bed, leaving a box of Fench Toast Crunch on the end table smile.gif Sweet dreams!

------------------

becca.jpg

Guest Guest

Take care and get some rest, it sounds like you could use it. Hope your DH improves some each day, you're in our thoughts!

Hope to see you back soon!

------------------

dee.jpg

Hey Spot wavey.gif

Hope you got some sleep.

I work with special needs students, the last three years I have worked with 2 severe behavior boys. They have cut my job this year so I had to go to another school. This one will be working with a boy in grade 5, with some physical handicaps, and the other part of the time working in learning assistance from kindergarden through to grade seven. I have done my fair share of laminating photocopying etc. I have worked with children with severe autism, have done tube feeding, seizure management, sign language, lifting and transfering students in wheel chair. All that kind of thing.

I am assuming that you have a job to go back to in Sept, you must be part of a union as well. I know that they hold teaching assistant work shops in Calgary.

see ya

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

* Spitfire drags her sorry, tired self back into the room, looks around at all the sugary goodies that everyone has left and gets an evil little gleam, in her eye. Oh, how she'd love to wolf every bit down and go on one of her ususal rampages!!! But alas she is too tired to crawl to the table. Her chin dribbles with saliva, in anticipation of all the good things, everyone has been so thoughtful to bring. *

"Sigh....I don't even have the energy to make it to the couch. This comfy chair will do just fine though."

* Spit climbs slowly into the chair. *

" I just finished my second longest amount of nights on. I get tonight off, then I do nine nights, in a row. Then get one more night off and then do another six. By then, my co-worker should be back, to relieve me some. I hope to have more time then (after a good long rest) to Zippppppppp Zinggggggg and make a general nuisance of myself here, as usual. " grin.gif

* Spit grins rolleyes.gif *

"Then it's back to school time, for the kids. Things should get more normal after September. But then again, what IS normal for me?!!? LOL"

* Spit sits there with one eye half closed and the other on it's way *

"Wow!!! What a great and supportive bunch you all still are, even after my loooooooong absence. I do so luv the whole bunches of ya'll. You just keep being who you all are, that is what Mrs. Survival is all about. "

* Spit's other eye droops shut as she continue to ramble on *

"Yup, you sure are good to me......zzzzzzz....huh??? Did someone say something?!!? Oh, I was I guess. Well I can't begin to tell you all how much I've missed being on here..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............snort.......zzzzzzz

zz....uh huh I've missed you all......but am soooooo sleepy......must get some sleep today......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........opps did I doze off?? I really didn't mean to, guess I'd better curl up here and catch some zzzz's. Look, Cat left me a blanket, and Darlene left me her special soft curling up body pillow. Wow, thank you!! Hmmmmmmm.....snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzz......I'm so happy to be here........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ......so very happy.....

* Spitfire's eyes close very tight, as she rambles on about how much everyone means to her. *

"Yup.....a good place to call home......zzzzzzzz" smile.gif

* Spit's gone for the count *

spitzfire.jpg

Shhhhhh...doesn't Spit look just like an angel when she sleeping???

...giggle, giggle, We all know what she is capable of around here....better let her get some sleep, poor dear! Goodnight sweetie, rest on as long as you need to.

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Oh MAN!!!! Brigie....we better pass in our markers.........dang.........Why do we always get caught???????? That's the last time i let you talk me into anything.....now they'll be watchin us like a hawk......how we gonna sneak back into EDs shop now?????

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

smile.gif NO!! ABSOLUTELY NOT! Debbielee and Brigid, You cannot draw a permanant marker mustache and goatee on Spit today. I simply will not allow it!!......

But maybe tomorrow if she sleeps that long *wink*

smile.gif

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Hey Beb it was your idea first, anyway let's just use non-permanent marker, it will wash right off lol.gif . srchh scrchh, oh she looks nice with sideburns too, we better get out of here before the Spot police come.

GarfPooky.gif

There I tucked Pookie under her arm to cuddle with.

Let's scram Beb.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif