MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

herbs for low thyroid in case meds are not available?

:lol:   OKaaay, I decided to just make the thread.  It's over in the forum  Natures Prescriptions tho this will include pharmacy-type meds too.   If Annarchy can go over there and PIN it....it will stay at the top....available for reference. 

https://www.mrssurvival.com/topic/55002-all-about-meds-herbal-pharma-grandmas/

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

Out of the ordinar,  the bovine thyroid is all natural from pigs and is very much like our own bodies.  Armour thyroid is suppose to be the same but by RX only.  I have now ordered the bovine thyrod from nutri meds and as soon as I can find out about dates and how to store long term I will post on the other forum about it.  I ordered the 130 mg and quartered it. So starting off with the lower dose.  I have not taken the synthroid now in about a week and feeling better. I went back and ordered the 65 mg. So only have to cut in half and after a bit of research, I also ordered the adrenal glandular.  Those haven't come yet but has shipped, so will be adding the adrenal glandular to see how I am feeling. Hoping that this all works out well for me. Then after a bit more research to find out shelf life of both of them. i am going to start to stock up on it as it is looking like our heathcare system is starting to fall apart. Already they are talking about a shortage of heprin that is needed for heart surgery. This is not a good sign. And just a sample of things to come. Most of our prescription meds come from over seas. It's past time that we start manafacturing our drugs in the USA and fix our FDA for approval of these drugs and not having the FDA paying our politians for favors to look the other way. 

• Like 2

Bovine is cattle.  Porcine is pig.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bovine

Definition of bovine

(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : of, relating to, or resembling bovines and especially the ox or cow a bovine disease

Definition of bovine (Entry 2 of 2)

biology : any of a subfamily (Bovinae) of bovids including oxen, bison, buffalo, and their close relatives

=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Just in case someone is allergic to one or the other.  In that case it might be important to know which is which......  :shrug: 

And you are correct, Little Sister .....that pigs are similar to our own human bodies in some important ways. 

1)  Back in the Day...they used pig heart valves, for instance, for transplant into humans.  Because we're similar enough not to totally reject that tissue. 

2)  The bad news is that we humans can catch the pig related diseases:  Swine [another pig word, of course] flu was horrible.  .....There is a disease decimating pigs in China right now.....hope it doesn't do a species jump to humans!!!!   :unsure: 

DH is also attempting to get NON-prescription alternatives.  Being a chiro, he has the professional knowledge of these things.  But so far, I'm not sure it's been working well enough.  I think he just didn't get ON IT fast enough.  He's trying to find a medical person to WORK WITH HIM...not mandate to him.  He's way above the level of the last 'nurse practitioner' snitty person!  This job has his stuff flaring up....but hopefully just 2 days/wk will be ok.  :(

Hope y'all can get stocked up in whatever you need to stay stable!

MtRider  :grouphug: 

Out of the ordinar,  the bovine thyroid is all natural from pigs and is very much like our own bodies.  Armour thyroid is suppose to be the same but by RX only.  I have now ordered the bovine thyroid from Neuta meds.  And yes the bovine is from cows. Guess I had pigs on my mind.  And with the swine flu or whatever is killing off the pigs maybe bovine is the best choice. I have now been taken 32.5 mg a day and can already feel a difference.  Waiting now for the other one to come in for the adrenal glands. Hoping it all works for me as well as the ratings are saying. Only time will tell. At end of month I get labs done. So will see what happens from there. 

• Like 1

I knew bovine was cows and ovine was sheep but for the life of me I couldn't remember what pigs were. All I could think of was swine.

Funny you should mention the newest pig virus. I just watched a YouTube about it. Started in Africa and has spread all over Asia. Nasty stuff. They were saying do not buy any pig related items from China including dog foods and those pigs ears from the pet stored. They say it's highly contagious and can even be spread on shoes. 

Note:

This has been sitting here for a couple of days waiting for me to hit the submit button. I just saw it.  Sigh. 

• Thanks 1

It can feel hopeless. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking about at the very moment I finished typing the post. Must not have had anything to do with actually sending the post. Probably a very important squirrel in the back yard caught my attention and I was off.

Making a dumb move like that gets me closer and closer to a nanny. Or a cabana boy. Do you have to have a pool before you get a cabana boy? I might need to start digging a pool hole soon for next summer. A woman's work is never done.  Sigh. 

• Haha 1

The adrendal gland meds came in today so will start that tomorrow. Hoping to feel a big difference by end of month. Already feeling a difference from the Bovine thyroid meds.  labs will be done end of month. So wll see what happens. Really hoping it is working so I will have that back up.  right now with the synthroid, I am 6 months ahead of the game. But might not be able to get any if SHTF.

I think that was me that forgot to finish a post and never hit submit.  Think it was DH was calling me as he scratched himself and was bleeding all over the place.  Gotta love blood thinners. Sorry for that.

Edited by Littlesister
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I had labs done this morning, so next week I will find out how my thyroid levels are.  Have been taking the Bovine thyroid now for about 3 weeks. I really hope this is going to work out.  I will then be able to have a good supply of thyroid meds just in case as soon as I can find out the shelf life of the Bovine.  Though I now have 120 days of the synthroid. So I do have a good start in case of a SHTF situation. I have noticed that since I started the adrenal meds about 2 weeks maybe a bit less time, but have already noticed a difference in how I feel. Some days the energy is not there but I can still get things done. Just slower at doing it. That is better than my energy going down and getting nothing at all done. So still need more time on that.  Also I have lost about 6 lbs since I started this medication. That is a good thing as loosing weight will lower BP and sugar. 

• Like 2

Thank you Jeepers and as soon as I get my lab results next week, I will let you all know how well this medicine worked.  I am praying that it does work because it gives us all another option for meds we must take for rest of our lives.  

Looking into something I read about mothers vinegar.  It was stating that for type 2 diabetics, taking two tablesoons each night and with meals will bring your sugar levels down to where you won't need meds. DH and I are both type 2 diabetics. Though I will not try it on him and am going to try it for myself to see if it is true. But first want to reseach it a bit more.  I do know it does good for a lot of things but have not heard about the diabitics.  If it does work then we have another option to keep our sugar levels down. :pray:  that it works. 

Yes Mt. Rider step by step is the only way to go and thank you all for the prayers for DH.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Looking into something I read about mothers vinegar.  It was stating that for type 2 diabetics, taking two tablesoons each night and with meals will bring your sugar levels down to where you won't need meds. DH and I are both type 2 diabetics. .....I do know it does good for a lot of things but have not heard about the diabitics.  If it does work then we have another option to keep our sugar levels down. :pray:  that it works. 

I’ve read that also.  I take vinegar on a schedule. Once or twice a week, only, but I also avoid sugar, like the plague.  If I have sugar, I can guarantee I will crash, go to sleep involuntarily, within about an half an hour or less.  G-ma, mother & dad, were/are, insulin dependent. 

A friend of DH, brought a cheesecake, made with mung bean extract, that didn’t have any effect on me. I want her recipe. Sweet without sugar?!?!?  Nice.

18 hours ago, Annarchy said:

I’ve read that also.  I take vinegar on a schedule. Once or twice a week, only, but I also avoid sugar, like the plague.  If I have sugar, I can guarantee I will crash, go to sleep involuntarily, within about an half an hour or less.  G-ma, mother & dad, were/are, insulin dependent. 

A friend of DH, brought a cheesecake, made with mung bean extract, that didn’t have any effect on me. I want her recipe. Sweet without sugar?!?!?  Nice.

Ann, I have never heard of mung bean extract.  Will have to for sure check it out. 

Wanted to let you know, I went to doctor today about my lab work and the thyroid levels were right on. Though for the T3 I do need to raise the Bovine Thyroid up a notch. Also been taking the whole adrenal and the Adrenal Corte plus and my labs were really good. Seems to have helped with the diabetics as well.  So it has only been about 4 weeks from when I stopped the synthroid and started taking this and I am very pleased with the results.  Now to find out how long it will last past the experation dates.  The bovone thyroid has an exp. date of 5/2022. So that is good, but want to find out how far beyond that it will go.  In the meantime I am going to still have my synthroid filled and just hold on to it. Though I still need to get that research done as soon as I have the time for it. Wanting to know how long past the exp. dates on that as well before it is no good. So far I do have a 120 day supply of synthroid. and now going to start building on the bovine as I have felt so much better on it in just a short time.  i am beginning to feel more like myself. :amen:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad you're seeing improvement, Little Sister!

I'll have to look into that further after I get back on track here with the correct Armour dose and a new doc and what I'm thinking might be adrenal issues.   I'm still waiting for my records.  If you don't mind me asking, what did you or your doc use to determine your adrenal problem?   I haven't had to deal with that before, so it's all new to me.

Out of the Ordinar.  I never told my doctor I was coming off of the synthrod to take the bovine thyroid nor the adrenal meds. The doctors around here refuse to use Armor thyroid because they think it is to much trouble.  I went on line and looked up the symptoms of adrenal gland issues and yes I had several of those symptoms. So I just went by what the company said to do. And I have to say after 1 month I can really tell a big difference.  I am starting to get my energy back and getting more done around the house. Usually I have to take several breaks and now I just go right through the day.  You could check out Mayo Clinic website and a few others to see what the symptoms are. I might later let my doctor know that I made the switch but I want to wait for the 4 month check up before I tell him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1