MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Take a look at your calendar...

Cat

Does it show Pearl Harbor Day, or the Islamic new year?

Mine is blank.

~~~~~~~~

Livid Americans blast back over Pearl Harbor snub

Many 'incensed' by U.S. calendars promoting Islamic New Year Dec. 7th

Posted: January 10, 2010

5:07 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

"A date which will live in infamy."

That's how President Franklin Roosevelt immortalized Dec. 7, 1941, the day Japanese forces stunned the U.S. with a sudden attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, prompting the U.S. to jump into the Second World War.

Just don't expect to find any mention of that on your calendar this year.

Nearly seven decades after the onslaught, many U.S. calendars produced by American companies are ignoring Pearl Harbor Day, and are displaying instead the Islamic New Year on Dec. 7.

Even calendars promoting the Holy Bible take note of the Muslim observance, while completely omitting the day on which more than 2,000 Americans lost their lives in the surprise attack.

"I have a Psalms calendar, which has a Bible verse on each month's picture, made by BrownTrout Publishers, Inc., and it also has Dec. 7 as the Islamic New Year. No mention of Pearl Harbor Day," said Donna Brandt of Marshalltown, Iowa. "I am incensed and will be giving the BrownTrout Publishers a piece of my mind! Thank you for calling my attention to this blasphemy."

(story continues at site)

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=121392

My three are Pearl Harbor Day, blank, and Hanukkah.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it has something to do with where they are printed, rather than the company that produces them. My wall calender (free from the local bank) has "Pearl Harbor Day, 1941 (USA)" and in the bottom corner says 'Printed in the U.S.A'. My pocket pal purse calender (free from work) says "Islamic New Year", but in the front even though it is produced by Myron Corp (New Jersey/Toronto), it is printed in Malaysia.

Just a thought. ?? <shrug>

Archived