MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wagons Ho COMMENTS (Part 2)

Cat

Okay ladies, I'll try. I wont promise anything but when I read what Martha and mt3b had both written, and others too, I felt like I was letting yall down. And I can't do that. But please do remember...it's spring. Our garden will be tilled up this week and the planting begins in earnest on Thursday. So I might be pretty busy here and I wont be able to post as much with all the work to be done. But I will try. Just for ya'll. :grouphug:

Q

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daylily, maybe your group will take over Mother's spread?

This post has been edited by Leah: Apr 9 2010, 10:02 PM

Leah, I'm sorry, I didn't see that you had added this comment in! That thought had crossed my mind too but maybe they will have to come back so we'll find our own place. Thanks for thinking of us though:)

Daylily,,, you might send a pm to Mt_Rider and check to see if she has plans for the Hobbit Hole but if not, I'd be honored to have you move there. :D

I feel I owe everyone an apology though, I had told a few people who asked privately but didn't mention it publicly that I was leaving the thread for severe health reasons. If not for that I would not leave you all there in the valley without me.

Q and MT3B, I am grateful for your loyalty. I have cried so many tears with my leaving that someone would have thought I was leaving a REAL place instead of an UNREAL one. Geesh!. I will be reading though, and maybe adding a comment from time to time as I am able. PLEASE, EVERYONE, keep writing and reading. :wub:

:bighug2:

Mother-- I will be praying for you. May the Lord's healing hand be upon you in the days ahead and your health improves. May His strength, grace and mercy descend upon you as He gives you wisdom in what you should do. Please take care of yourself.

AMarthabyheart..Thank you so much for your words and parayer. I really appreciate them.

A, MT3B, Daylily, great writing. MT3B,,,what an excellent topic you have brought up. Good writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Daylily, it was great to see another post for Wagon Ho. I miss everyone and all the happenings---Mt.Rider and the arrival of her family, Annarchy and all of the goings on, MT3B and the wedding plans and the fighting couple, Quilty and her funny sense of humor, Cee Gee and the goings on with your family. I know I am probably leaving someone out. How about another letter from Leah with how things are going out where she is? I know this is getting to be a busy time for everyone but, low and behold, I miss ya'll. Mother you are still in my prayers. I hope everyone is well and things are going smoothly.

Edited by AMarthaByHeart

Thank you! It's good to know folks are still reading :) I'm missing the others too! I can hardly wait to see what's happening with all of them.

Yes it is a busy time of year. We're planting a lot of stuff right now and the daylily season is upon us too.

Sorry I have a post ready but I forgot to post it Thursday before I left work and I didn't back it up on my flash drive so you will have to wait until I get to work tomorrow morning.

It is on birth control so just giving everyone a heads up. It will not be for the faint of heart. Sorry Michael but a girl has to think of these things.

I will try to get another post ready next week but it is the end of the semester for me and I don't have a lot of time at least not until after graduation. But I will post something on the wedding soon too.

This next week is the last week of classes then finals start. Graduation is the weekend after mother's day so hopefully I will be back to writing then. If I survive that is. The whiners are driving me crazy (and no I am not talking about the students LOL)

I'm still reading too. I really miss the 'action' and though I know it's difficult I hope you will all keep writing. Mt_Rider is bound to be back with us soon.

Daylily, I'm sorry you didn't get into the Hobbit Hole but I really am looking forward to your adventure in the new land.

Please, write as often as you can and keep it going.

Hey, everyone, don't forget the wild rice up by the Hobbit Hole. It's just at the bottom of the last plateau, off to the north,,,sort of,,,It's for you all and should be ready in a couple of weeks. MtR should be back before then and you can all have a rice gathering week or two :D

:bighug:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

Mother, good to see a post from you! I never heard anything back from Mt Rider. I hope she is OK. I decided to go ahead and find a homestead but we certainly want to get in on the wild rice harvest and we have two canoes that will be useful!

Hi everyone..no I didn't drop off the face of the Earth. :008Laughing: It has just been "different" around here lately and we are struggling just to keep ourselves upright and sane at this point. And now gardening season has begun and we are trying our best to get ours planted. Only have half done now and it takes up most of our back yard...1/3 of an acre maybe? I don't know for sure, just that it's as big as it can get lol!! Anyways, once things settle back down, I will be back to writing too. I just can't do it now, I wont post something that Ihaven't fully researched or put my whole heart into...

Love and :grouphug:

Q

Hi everyone..no I didn't drop off the face of the Earth. :008Laughing: It has just been "different" around here lately and we are struggling just to keep ourselves upright and sane at this point. And now gardening season has begun and we are trying our best to get ours planted. Only have half done now and it takes up most of our back yard...1/3 of an acre maybe? I don't know for sure, just that it's as big as it can get lol!! Anyways, once things settle back down, I will be back to writing too. I just can't do it now, I wont post something that Ihaven't fully researched or put my whole heart into...

Love and :grouphug:

Q

Hurry Back you have to help me with this wedding LOL....my kind of wedding all on paper no stress not fights....wish it was that easy in real life LOL

Real Life got real busy, time escaped me and deadlines loomed. (There's still a few irons in the fire that need to be tended.) I had no time to even think about the story, let alone read it. I could go on and on about it all, but I'd bore you all to death. :blah:

Now, I am trying to find time to catch back up on the story, (from page 4 forward). However, I'm still only getting about 10 minutes a day on line to check my mail. Today's a rare moment and I've had a little more time.

Wow, just the little I had a chance to read, things have changed drastically!

Heading home now.

TTYL

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Mother's day to all you Writers and Readers out there.

I am really missing the posts here and in the thread. I will keep checking though and hoping that all will be back in the valley soon. I truly do want to know what is happening in your lives there.

MT3B, nice wedding, how are you coming along with your preps for winter.

Daylily, If you don't hurry SNOW will be catching you soon. :o How ARE you doing there?

Q,,,welll.... I know you are having some things to deal with in life but you've left us hanging. What DOES that diary that you found have in it.

Annarchy, the plane,,,,the plane....There has GOT to be something it can be used for.

CeeGee, how are your family doing.You were getting such a good restart.

And the others we've lost along the way....The valley is waiting.

Mt_Rider,,,,You are really needed. I pray God leads you all back soon!

This past week was finals, next week grades are due then graduation Saturday and I am JUST the secretary :0327:

Hopefully after this week I can get back to writing. I have one more wedding also the wheat has to be dealt with and we are still working on the water issue.

Mt Rider got a new computer on Mother's day so hopefully she'll be back soon posting. She's changing from an apple to windows so it's a major learning curve.

I think I'll give her a call tomorrow and tell her to get her butt in here already.

:nail:

lol

Okaaaay....my butt is in here, DARLENE....... :girlneener:

Nice to see y'all again. So much catch up to do.....aaaaaaaauugh! [i MISS the smilie with the hair on fire... :P ]

But as I noted in my post in RURR, I'm really struggling to even type legibly. HAL [from 2001 SpaceOdessy, I think] is not bein' very nice to me sometimes. He keeps taking over the the coursor and turning on things I DID NOT 'click' on. :pout: Merely trying to keep track of the "copy/paste" buttons from screen to screen is exasperating.

But...this too shall pass....

I'll begin to catch up in here as soon as I can. If I decide to eliminate a garden this year, I mighthave more time. [since we're snowng and continuing to snow thru next week..... who can tink of gardening.

Ach....HAL is stealing ltters out of mywords again [or spaces between them]. I feel like I'm typing on a manual Underwood again. The term "pounding out the keys" is supposed to be obsolete.

So greetings to writers and readers....

MtRider :wave: [can someone go over and see if the gardens at Cleft of the Rock need weeding...mebbe my characters "carried on" without me?????? ]

But as I noted in my post in RURR, I'm really struggling to even type legibly. HAL [from 2001 SpaceOdessy, I think] is not bein' very nice to me sometimes. He keeps taking over the the coursor and turning on things I DID NOT 'click' on. :pout: Merely trying to keep track of the "copy/paste" buttons from screen to screen is exasperating.

Short cut for copy and paste...high light right click your mouse. I don't know if Mac's have that or not but of you right click you get the get the edit button screen with right mouse clicks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been around.....

In April my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and she passed away the last day of April. I know that God answered my prayers and she didn't suffer, but now I am coming to terms with it.

I am not sure if and when I will join back in, but I will be reading......