MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wagons Ho COMMENTS (Part 2)

Cat

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as I noted in my post in RURR, I'm really struggling to even type legibly. HAL [from 2001 SpaceOdessy, I think] is not bein' very nice to me sometimes. He keeps taking over the the coursor and turning on things I DID NOT 'click' on. :pout: Merely trying to keep track of the "copy/paste" buttons from screen to screen is exasperating.

Short cut for copy and paste...high light right click your mouse. I don't know if Mac's have that or not but of you right click you get the get the edit button screen with right mouse clicks.

:lol: yeah, yeah....that's what DH said too. He works on an earlier version of PC. Well, this critter is Windows 7 and aaaiiiieeeeeeee.......... JUST TONITE I finally found the Cut/Copy/Paste button. Nope, it's not right-click if I'm in MrsS. It IS right-click in the Word processing. It's not in my email function...that's yet a third button.

:yar: Tell me again why I bought a PC?

Even DH is having trouble with this version. It's all in what you are used to AND how much time you have to cram new knowledge into your brain&fingers.

I am improving. Lost some ability today when I did word processing on my Mac and now cannot seem to hit the keyboard correctly on the PC again. :motz_6: That is truly distressing to me. BTW, I don't have spell check installed that is working on MrsS either. :shrug: Pardon spelling bloopers. Oye.

=================

:grouphug: So sorry for your loss, CeeGee. Glad you checked in!

MtRider

((((((((((Cee Gee)))))))))), I am so sorry for your loss. That must be really tough but I can understand your relief at her not suffering. You are in my prayers.

Like you, I am reading too. MT3B, Daylily, keep up your good work until a few more join you again.

:bighug2:

• 1 month later...
Hellloooooo, helllllllooooo, is anyone left in the valley? Did the :smiley_shitfan: and someone forgot to tell me?? Missing you all very much :grinning-smiley-044:

Well, IRL all the writers are off doing prep living and as everyone knows, this is the season for gardens, etc. It was inevitable that this exercise would dwindle out for the summer.

As for a restart in the fall when Real Life activites begin to slow down??????? Here's what I propose. I took a vote from any current writer some weeks ago. My suggestion is for any writer interested in continuing their homestead in the Big Valley to go down into the Fireside Forum. Open a thread for THEIR OWN HOMESTEAD.

If we get more than one Big Valley writer down there, those writers can write cooperative actvities between their threads if they both agree or each homestead can simply tell their own story. This is actually how I meant for it to primarily run when Big Valley opened.....with the journal/'Dear Diary' format. That way no writer is waiting for others because that format gets awkward in the single thread like we were running it.

For instance, I prefered to write a backwards look over a few days or a week's time. {Dear Diary, we were so busy planting this past week...} Other BV writers prefered the day by day approach. {Dear Diary, today is was raining...} When we were all together in one thread, the timeline became hard to follow sometimes.

So.....that's the shift I think we should look toward for any writer who wishes to continue telling their own homestead story. Any writer who'd like to begin now is certainly free to do so., or start up anytime you feel like you have the time/interest again. You might want to title your thread "Big Valley........{and then the name of your homestead or clan name}. That would help Wagons Ho/Big Valley readership to find those stories.

Mebbe it will happen. Mebbe it's time has passed. :shrug:

And if you ask me if I might start up again later with Cleft in the Rock clan.... :shrug: Depends on if I get itchy to see how my characters are doing. I just might, but not until late fall, I'd imagine.

MtRider :wave:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I think about it occationally, when I get a moment away from real life. I imagine this and that. What we did with this, and how we did that. Sometimes, the story line comes out of nowhere and I think what could have been.

[Garden harvested, meat, veggies, herbs and fruits dried for winter, stored in the root cellar. We found a crate of vintage wine bottles while dismanteling the plane. After throwing a party at the Lodge, we used the empty bottles, laid horizontal, as windows in our home, and saving a sample for future brew, LOL!]

See what I mean?.... I just can't seem to avoid thinking of what could happen if it were real. Contingency plans are a wonderful thing... :thumbs:

Maybe if I can find the time, in all that is going on in real life, I might get the urge to write. For now, the yoke of real life is keeping me busy most of the time.

:shrug:

• 3 months later...

I saw the post from Amishway Homesteader and agree with him. I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure and learn a lot to boot. We have missed you all but realize that this has been a very busy summer for most. Mother--how are you doing? Annarchy checked in and AH did. Thank you. We know that Mt. Rider is recovering from her escapades a few days ago. Where are you Quilty, Daylily, CeeGee, Mommato3boys...........................I have missed you and hope that all is well. I know that I left someone out. It was not intentional. At my age, I am getting forgetful (60). At least that is what I keep telling my kids. Take care and stay safe. :wave::grouphug::wave:

I have missed you and hope that all is well. I know that I left someone out. It was not intentional. At my age, I am getting forgetful (60). At least that is what I keep telling my kids. Take care and stay safe. :wave::grouphug::wave:

SIDEBAR...............................

Michael caught up to you as he turned 60 today!

Now his papers may say he is 60

but he looks 45-50

keeps up with youger people 25-35

and sometimes acts about 12 :lol:

• 7 months later...

I just got done reading the whole thing and WOW! I am captivated and sorry my real life didn't let me follow along or participate. You all really brought it to life :grouphug:

Did you do it all in one read?

Yes it was a page turner as you never knew what was going to happen next............................ and sometimes we didn't know as well.

Someday - - somehow - - it would be great to have the story put into a booklet or something so we could all read it as a book............... what a story that would be!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Thanks Becca. It was as much fun to write as it was to read and like Michael said, sometimes even WE did not know what was going to come out of our writing. The humor, the drama, the love. It was all there, including the most outrageous blupers that we all loved. I reread it this winter and laughed and cried and wondered at how creative everyone had been.

Michael, I agree, it would be awful nice to have it in booklet form, or would it be more of a book. There is a lot of wonderful writing there as well as a lot of good info. I can close my eyes and picture your cabin and homestead.

I can't help but wonder if we had to write it over again would we do something different? Bring along different items? Choose a different valley or place in the valley? Would you believe that I actually wondered what we'd all write if we were going to take that same journey only to a different locale and setting.

The writers on this thread are very very talented individuals and I'd be proud to be stranded with any of them in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI situation. :grouphug:

Thanks Becca. It was as much fun to write as it was to read and like Michael said, sometimes even WE did not know what was going to come out of our writing. The humor, the drama, the love. It was all there, including the most outrageous blupers that we all loved. I reread it this winter and laughed and cried and wondered at how creative everyone had been.

Michael, I agree, it would be awful nice to have it in booklet form, or would it be more of a book. There is a lot of wonderful writing there as well as a lot of good info. I can close my eyes and picture your cabin and homestead.

I can't help but wonder if we had to write it over again would we do something different? Bring along different items? Choose a different valley or place in the valley? Would you believe that I actually wondered what we'd all write if we were going to take that same journey only to a different locale and setting.

The writers on this thread are very very talented individuals and I'd be proud to be stranded with any of them in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI situation. :grouphug:

I've wondered that very same thing! I think it would be difficult to write a different "reality" :)

• 9 years later...