MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wagons Ho COMMENTS (Part 2)

Cat

ROFL...they must have taught the ones here in our yard the same trick. We have tons of wild turkeys around here. Between them and the deer, we are about to get run out of the neighborhood! :tapfoot:

Sound like I need to move over there near you. We have deer but they are usually taken out by a car on 421 (we live right on a may highway and hate it) no turkeys but have bear and bobcats.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No bears here but we do get an occasional bobcat, turkeys, deer, foxes, etc...No, we did get one bear about 4 or 5 years back. Caused quite an uproar. It was just doing that migration thing, trying to get back to where it once lived I think. Took TN conservation officers 4 days to track it down. Dern thing was caught right over by the hospital where I worked too lol.

And you would be welcome around here any time. :hug3:

Q

Cee Gee, you will be fine. really. Start with a service maybe. We've really missed them and I came in to the Lodge today (not posted yet) just for the fellowship.

Maybe a book report is needed to help you out? Lets see, we've been working on building our various homestead, all diffierent. Annarchy and her families are mostly adobe, Q's in a cabin already found with additions being built on...MT3B and family various cabins/barns, existing homesteads, and etc. MtR and our family in caves with part of ours being sod. AH has not been posting but has a wonderful start on a log cabin and homestead. The lodge is now the focus of several home based crafts and cabins of the B's family and others. There is also a medical building behind the lodge and a greenhouse being built there as well. The settlement is all very primative yet but growing.(just in need of a church?)

There is a wagon train coming in the 1st of July (this thursday we hope) with several of our families and various orphans that many are going to be taking in. ( you have any family you want to bring in?) There is another wagon train, the last one, coming in after this one (in five or six weeks) that will be bringing MTR's DD and famiies and her Mom and Dad and Brother and etc. and other last minute people as we decide. (Mt R has a side story about her family going that is very intersting and exciting)

The country outside the valley is falling apart and chaos is raining down. Food is scarce out there, looting and theft and etc abound. Even the Rockin J Ranch is seeing troubles and will be sending some of their people into the valley. We are all desperately trying to get more crops in, more garden in and looking for all the wild edibles we can gather so we'll have enough to feed everyone for winter.

Does that help some? Please, don't worry, just jump in with one of your warm loving post and you will be back just fine. ((((((((CeeGee)))))

:bighug2:

Umm P.S. Q has a dead man in a cave, Annarchy has a plane in her small lake, MT3B's has been plagued with hearing loss, mountain lions, a bear, and a lightening strike that took out N's cabin, and Annarchy had a run in with wolves, and MtR sent us HAIL and wind.......Just in case you need MORE excitement. :o:lol:

(((( ))))

B)

:ph34r:I promise not to find any more dead bodies if Cee Gee hurries up and reads the thread LOL. Really though, it's good to have you back! You were missed a LOT. :hug3: Now, get to posting! hehehe

Q

AH has not been posting but has a wonderful start on a log cabin and homestead.

Our Cabin and barn are both done as well as a lots of other things on our land - the Amishway Homestead

we are doing well and starting to eat from the vegetable garden and the plowed and planted fields are doing very well also.

We are STILL living in the Valley - just not posting about it here.

We drove to it, helped start it out, Built on our land and are now enjoy life.

:AmishMichael2:

Q, my DH said your guy was the pilot. LOL

CeeGee, nice to see you back, looking forward to services.

AH, wish you'd update your story line some more.

Gotta go, 'todo' list is looming.

Edited by Annarchy
Umm P.S. Q has a dead man in a cave, Annarchy has a plane in her small lake, MT3B's has been plagued with hearing loss, mountain lions, a bear, and a lightening strike that took out N's cabin, and Annarchy had a run in with wolves, and MtR sent us HAIL and wind.......Just in case you need MORE excitement. :o:lol:

.....um, wait! "Annarchy had a run in with wolves????????

WHERE? What page/what post??????? I MISSED SOMETHING....AAAUGGGGHHH! :blink:

Is she OK??????

And Q is hosting Annarchy's airplane pilot in her cave? :wacko: OK, I'm sticking with my Carterville story... :24:

C'mon in, CeeGee!!!!! You don't have to read 200+ posts all at once before you post about YOUR house in town or homestead. ['sides, we've all done bloopers so we're getting used to them] And don't forget to write in some loved ones if you want to collect someone else to the Valley on WT#2 [Thursday IRL time]

MtRider [how did I miss the wolf thing?????????? ...wolves in BV, huh? Hmmmm.... Not surprising tho.]

I've got a request: Can the writers please write out [any time is good, not an immediate NEED] the names [mebbe ages of children] of your characters. Not real names but what they're called. Also some animals with names too. I've just spent quite a bit of time trying to go back thru threads to find out what in the world I named that other little twin girl. :0327: If I'm having trouble with my own characters....I'd guess everyone is cuz our Cast of Characters [including beloved critters] is getting larger.

I wouldn't want anyone to think that "Frank" who stays in the Annarchy household is a second man....he's a ferret! :laughkick:

So here is an example: Some are obvious and some are not.

MtRider == ME!

Mr.MtR or Doc or Dr.MtR === MtR's husband

DD1 == our older daughter

DD2 == our younger daughter

SIL == DD2's husband

GS1 ==DD2&SIL's older son (my older Grson)

GS2 == " " younger son (my 2nd Gson)

Mom == my mom

Dad == my dad

John ==long time family friend; my parent's age

Bro ==my brother

Denise == Da Niece (Brother's 19 yr old daughter, my niece)

GF ==Girl Friend (well, person of interest to my brother :lol: )

Janet == GF's young adult daughter (vet tech)

Jeff == Janet's husband (vet)

Montana orphaned kids -- Jenson-Han family

Nathan - 17

Micah and Machela - 14, twins

Ben - 10

Kaylee and Kaila (pronounced kye like "eye"; lah) - 5, twins adopted by Jenson-Han parents

Witlock boys

cousins, both 17.....Tom and David

Critters for MtRiders:

Dogs: Big Dog; new Saint pup - Nya

Cat: Kitty? (what did I call her? lol )

Horses: Roan - mare; Midnight - gelding

Donkeys: Miz MM; Jack - male

4 dwarf goats - all female & pregnant...(stay tuned)

4 rabbits; one is male

3 Cotton Patch geese; one is male (setting nest)

and.....

a dozen Khaki Campbell ducks; 3 are male

Well, at least now *I* have a reference point without digging back thru the pages of posts....

I am still researching good breeds of livestock for the Jenson-Han kids to be bringing.....it's been fun to do that. I'm learning about the OLD breeds of farm animals. :D

MtRider [just trying to get my ducks in a row.....OH, forgot my ducks {for real...this isn't storywriting... sheeesh!} :rolleyes: ]

Edited by Mt_Rider
did I forget anyone?

LOL, this is why I have a binder with all the Valley stuff in it, including a pad of paper beside me on the desk with all the names on it...cuz my memory is REALLY bad. If I didn't do that, I would be lost as an Easter egg! Here's ours for anyone wanting to keep track..short list lol!

The Q's

Q = me

Mr. Q - hubby

Jerry - our oldest twin son

Marilyn and Georgia - our goats

Roo, Whitey, Thelma & Louise - our chickens lol

LuLu & Muffy (LuLu's calf) - the only oxen with a name...haven't named the others yet

Pork Chop & Tenderloin - two of our pigs

That's it so far. Still need to name the two mares, the other 3 oxen and a few pigs and chickens lol. I will probably just name the horses and leave it at that.

Q

You want me to remember what I call everyone???? :o I can't remember their names IN REAL LIFE!!!!

(Mother goes of to ask her family what their names are and what position they hold in the famly, and do they remember what I called the horses last week?)

:huh:

You want me to remember what I call everyone???? :o I can't remember their names IN REAL LIFE!!!!

(Mother goes of to ask her family what their names are and what position they hold in the family, and do they remember what I called the horses last week?)

:huh:

I totally agree with Mother. My kids have learned to answer to their brothers name, they know that P-whosh-na is their name...That is short for Phillip Wesley and Nick

SF-short for Saints Fan - that is hubby.

P is the oldest son - age 25

W is middle son - age 22

N is baby boy - age 20

A is middle boy (W) girlfriend age 21

Molly Girl aka Molly is one of the Belgian draft horses

Tinkerbell aka Tink is the other female draft horse she just had a filly - Waffles - as in Belgian Waffles - SF thought it was cute

Mister is the intact Belgian male

Trouble is the gelded Belgian male

Mules and donkeys don't have names

Raja is our intact male ox

There are 3 other oxes 2 female and one male that is been castrated.

Ethel, Lucy Wilma & Betty are the named hens and they have all hatched out their eggs they were sitting on

Rose & Pepper are the sows Pepper just had a litter of piglets

Oscar is the boar (male pig)

Baby Doll is the pregnant goat

Little Bit is the goat that just delivered

Then there are three sheep - 2 females and a male

R&V V- aka Val is my best friend - R aka Ronnie is her husband

K is their oldest daughter 24

E is their youngest daughter 20

B is their son 16

Adopted children

Connor age 12

Aidan age 9 - deaf

Emma and Sophie - twins - soon to be 3

Then there is Abigail (19) and Elizabeth (23) (not real names but real people)- #1 & #3 girlfriends, they got written in as Mr. S spoiled godchildren - had to get them in the valley somehow :bouquet: (P&N said it wasn't fair that W got to bring his girlfriend and they didn't)

A's family that is arriving

K aka Kyle - younger brother (oldest boy) age 18

S aka Sean - baby brother age 9

Zoe - 6 months - the baby that is being sent to her (I can't remember if it is a friend's baby or a cousin's baby bet either way the mother can't take care of it and is in danger where she is so Zoe is being sent to A)

Edited by mommato3boys

whew...thanks, Mt3b! Your Wagon Train #2 folks were part of the ones I was confusing. That helps! I'd forgotten who R&V were. :)

:tapfoot: Mother! :24: Just think how much easier you will have it when it's all written down on a cheat sheet. You can tack it up in your house [yes....I PRINTED OUT A COPY OF MINE FOR MEEEE!] and it will help in big family get togethers. :lol: With this AND your story in Fireside with all alias names....I can see why you're in trouble, Jean....er, I mean Mother,...er...um Dear Friend! :hug3: ["Jean" is her alias in the Fireside story....which is REALLLLLY good if anyone hasn't read that one, btw!! ]

MtRider [ muttering "Kaylee and Kaila..... K 'eye' lah...... that's what I get for making up an unusual name for my kids..... :rolleyes: ]

Edited by Mt_Rider
MtRider [ muttering "Kaylee and Kaila..... K 'eye' lah...... that's what I get for making up an unusual name for my kids..... :rolleyes: ]

See that is why I stuck with good Irish names....LOL

I have a question...how many times you catch yourself typing the person's real name? I have had to go back and chance hubby's name from Paul (RL name) to SF I even read it once and thought who in the world is Paul :008Laughing:

Edited by mommato3boys

LOL, I've been lost for some time, hiding out up north. :behindsofa:

Annarchy: Me

Gunslinger808, aka GS808, GS, my dearest: My DH

Frank: The ferret

Little Lady aka Lil Lady: The heifer w/calf

Hen & Rooster - 4 chicks

2 Turkeys/Male & Female: Not really named, other than 'Tom'

Big D: MIL

James: Her butler

Naomi: Her maid

1 horse

2 Ox

and the rest of the turkeys

Coming to the Valley in WH2:

KJ - age 30 (Widowed)

Female Jersey Cow

1 Hen

MJX -

M: age 30 The Mom

J: age 35 The Dad

X: age 4 Their Boy

Animals:

Sissy Pig aka Scissor: Pot belly pig (She wouldn't let me leave her, LOL)

Franchesca aka Franny: Bull Mastiff Dog

Rest of the animals: TBD, I need to call her and get her list..................

I even read it once and thought who in the world is Paul

:24:

Um...Mt3b....hon, you need therapy! :grinning-smiley-044:

OK...so I've called my real horse "Roan" ....more than once. :busted:

{gasp} Uh, oh, it's a good thing one of us didn't use an alias name for our DH's....

<_< "So WHO is 'Bob'?"

"....oh, 'Bob' is you, honey. Don't worry." :rolleyes:

:lol:

I do have trouble when I'm reading it to my mom over the phone....I sometimes translate to the real name and sometimes say DD1. :shrug:

Thanks, Annarchy. Your Lil' Lady was the other one I couldn't remember. Was it a cat or a cow.... ;) Hey, I remembered Frank! :lol:

MtRider [making a copy of everyone else's family list too..... :pc_coffee: ]

Edited by Mt_Rider
fixin' smilie

Okay,,,,, do NOT blame me if I have forgotten someone/something. I'm old and entitled to senior moments.. :lol:

Animals/livestock:

Nigerian Goats:

I doe with three kids

1 doe due in July

2 bucks

2 yearling does bred to kid in Fall

Milk cows:

1 Jersey cow with bull calf

1 Jersey cow still milking (due in fall)

1 Jersey cow due in July

1 young jersey bull.

Sheep:

I ewe with three female lambs (born June 11)

1 ewe with one buck one ewe lamb (born June12)

one ram sheep

1 goose

1 gander

11 goslings

Chickens, roosters and chicks

6 ducks (hatching in June/July

3 pigs (2 gilts, 1 boar)

1 crossbreed herd dog with (mostly) Border collie pups (3 female, 2 male)

1 male lab

Saint Bernard, female belongs to DD

Sasha (Saint Bernard) with 2 male, 2 female puppies (after Mt3b too one male and one female, MtR took a female, one of the B’s group took a female)

3 cats, one with 4 kittens

6 riding horses :

2 Gypsy horses (one bred, one stallion)[sometimes called gypsy vanners or cobs or Romany horses etc.],

2 bred Norwegian Fjords,

1 bred Friesian,

1 bred Morgan

1 pony (Icelandic horse really,bred)

Technically these horses all belong to DD as she bought them with (supposedly) the sale of her farm. (IRL I chose the Gypsy Vanners as I always wanted some and she chose the other four breeds way back when this all started in October)

2 draft horses (one bred, one gelding) Percherons, came with purchase of camper wagon

6 oxen (two bred, unusual as are bulls to use on long arduous trip but they took what they could get)

Humans

Dh and myself

Mom (my mother)

DS (our second oldest son)

DD (our only daughter)

SIL (DD’s spouse)

DGS (her oldest son)

SO (DGS’s fiancé)

DGD (her daughter)

GSIL (DGD’s spouse)

YGS (DD’s youngest son)

Coming on #2 wagon train (we think)

C. (Our youngest son)

L. (his wife)

B., A, H, E., and T. (their daughters)

L’s family:

FIL, MIL,

BIL1, SIL1

BIL2, SIL2

CILF, CILM (cousin’s in law and her spouse) and two kids (girl 11, boy 2)

Orphans:

2 brothers ( Benjamin 8 and Matthew 10 years old

2 sisters (Anna 13, Karen 16)

Animals they are bringing ( still unknown)

I don't know about ya'll. I am so excited that they are almost there. I feel like family is "a comin'". I keep checking to see if there is anymore info. It is almost like Christmas. The anticipation of their arrival and reunion is growing. Hurry guys, PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, hurry up!!!!!!!!!! (I am one that alway reads the end of the book so I know what happens.) :woohoo::cele::woohoo:

Edited by AMarthaByHeart

The awful things is,,,,,even the WRITERS don't know what the end is. :D

Won't be long now though.

The awful things is,,,,,even the WRITERS don't know what the end is. :D

Won't be long now though.

I wish it could go on indefinitely but do realize the amount of time, work and thought that has been put into it. :rolleyes: Could we at least make it until all of the wagon trains arrive and everyone gets settled? Maybe, by then it will have become a habit and ya'll can't stop. :24:

:pray:

OH SORRY,,,, I didn't make that clear... I meant it won't be long until the WAGONS get here. :D

I don't think you'll have to worry about an ending for a little bit. I think we are on (pardon the pun) a roll again. :lol:

I am SO glad you are enjoying our writing. It sure has been a learning experience for us. Thanks for your wonderful support.

(((((AMarthaByHeart))))))))

Disaster struck today while we were at work. We had ice and snow last night and it snapped some power lines so we had power blips all day. Well it took out our computer even though it was on a surge protector it still fried the power supply. DS#3 went and bought us a cheap e-machine so we could still be contected. Now I just owe him $300.

But the worse part is I lost all my bookmarks :o