MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Alabama schools

Kelly

My DD took my DGD in for shots today. When my DD was young she had 10 shots, my DGD will have to have 36 and the Dr. said the school board is wanting them to up the shots to include a flu shot and some others for school. I personally think this is getting crazy with shots.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree!! My 2nd child had a very bad reaction to one (or more - who knows they gave him so many at one time) shot. He was 2 at the the time and I was pregnant with my 3rd child. After seeing him lying comatose on my couch I vowed no more shots for my kids. My 3rd child only had what they gave her in hospital right after birth and that's it. She's been my healthiest so far!! Child #2 has learning and speech disabilities because of the shot. He's 15 now and we have overcome alot of them.

It's just too much for the babies poor little bodies!!

• 2 weeks later...

We delayed shots and are limited what they can give them. DD just turned 3 and it's a nightmare in respect to her panicking at the doctor now but I wouldn't change it. I can watch her for any specific changes and she is at an age where she can tell (lack of a better word) us if she doesn't feel well. DS will start after age 2, like we did with DD. We did age and weight as are starting point and they didn't do the "mixed" injections ~ polio was one, DT&P was a different one, etc. We won't do chicken pox, flu, and I haven't decided on MMR. I won't let them do the boosters (4th vaccine)either.

Archived