MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

~~Clutter Clearing Challege 2~~

Sounds like a cool way to spend your time off. Sometimes it is nice to get the house to yourself!

Daughter had a ton of stuffed animals that had been given to her. She never cared for them and they were collecting dust. I have asthma. I had to wait till she was out of the house and put them into the trash bag and hide it in the car. Otherwise she would take them out of the trash and put them back in her room. Once they were gone, she never seemed to notice.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv got three small cupboards of books to sell and begun to list everything on Ebay. Iv chucked out three bags to the charity shop. Im working through the overloaded (piles on top) bookcase.

Got up in the attic today and cleared out stuff I'd been saving for a garage sale that I'll never have. FILLED my mini-van with boxes and took it all to the thrift store to donate.

Still more to do.

DH & I worked on the garage a bit. Got rid of a few bags of trash, and then made the kids clear out their rooms of broken toys and trash. Got another 2-3 bags of crap out.

Edited by Vic303
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a whole load of stuff in my van to give to others and donate. A bar stool that never worked in this house, a bunch of shoes that don't fit anyone, clothing we didn't sell at our garage sale, and some boys clothing I'm giving to a friend (who is lending me her bassinet and giving me some baby clothing) :thumbs: I also cleared out some paper clutter this week because the term is over :)

Iv been doing well with my decluttering. I try and do a little every day in the bedroom, Iv cleared the desk, done the bookcase, half way through the bureau. Iv got loads and loads of stuff to sell on Ebay, Iv already sold two items but intend to stop over the Xmas period, as the post is horrendous this time of year.

Our church announced a drive to supply toys for the nursery of our first church plant. I'm going to be donating a bunch of our kids' toys! :eclipsee_Victoria:

I got another section of the storage trailer organized day before yesterday. Yesterday was too dark to work in there. I need bright sunlight through both doors in order to be able to see what I'm doing. Sunny today, so I'm planning to work in there in a bit (too cold right now, but will warm up later.) Yesterday I cleaned out the clutter in my bathroom and daughter's room, swept and mopped, dusted furniture and baseboards, washed doors and some spots on the walls, and scrubbed fixtures.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I can add my 2-cents' worth here, too.

With some time off from babysitting the grandson, I hit the bathroom *hard*. Did some major cleaning and de-cluttering. Amazing what was tucked back in the dark recesses of the cabinets. :shakinghead:

DD has been out of the house for 3 years, and there was still some of her stuff that was clearly junk.

I made a bit of headway in other areas, but the bathroom was my bigger success. ;)

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, in preparation for the arrival of our first order of FIFO can sorters, we began to clean the pantry...Normally one has to climb over the dog food bins, and Dutch Oven, and various 5 gal buckets to get the the back part of the pantry (oversized closet). Today, you can at least walk clear in without climbing over stuff, and the shelves are partly organized for the incoming sorters.

These are where we ordered the sorters from: http://www.thecanorganizer.com/

I plan on taping them together in sets of 4, and getting my cans in order that way.

I hauled 3 more loads to the storage trailer today with my little wagon. I have daughter's room cleaned out and packed for the move. Most of my room except our clothes (packed away all the extra clothes) and some cases of home canned meals and meat. My bathroom is nearly cleared out including the linen cupboard. Cleaned out daughter's bathroom except a few cleaning supplies. Got all the books packed and in the trailer. Got half the spare bedroom done. That is taking the most work because I piled a lot of boxes of stuff in there when we were putting down the new floors and painting. Got part of the kitchen done. This is taking a long time, but I started early so it wouldn't be all to do at the last minute.

:sHa_sarcasticlol: i think it counts!!!! I helped mom clean her pantry and rearrange today--now THAT is a job!!!

"Organic clutter" counts... ;)

I'm starting to actually have some room to work around in, down in the basement. Found Hubby's old LP music albums... :band: I don't remember banjo music...? :huh:

I dropped off some more things at Goodwill today, and bought a bunch of baby clothing from 3mo - 2T. Great deals for $34. The two pairs of overalls alone would have cost that new. It was all in great shape and only $1-2 an item. I also took some yarn and rubber stamps to the kids school so they can use it in the art room. I still have plenty of yarn, but I won't be needing any pink LOL. I needed to make room to store baby items. I could manage if baby came early without having to buy much. Bought 3 boxes of diapers,and the car seat, and high chair, portacrib. Babies take up so much room LOL.

I cleaned out the goat pen today. The sheep pen will have to wait till I have energy and can move again.

What?!?! Doesn't that count as decluttering? :happy0203: It really REALLY needed it!!

I'd say that counts! Our Monkeyboy did a doggie landmine patrol yesterday. Yessir, Yessir! 2 bags full! Yuck! I swear, Ridgebacks are the only dog that poops MORE out than it takes in, in food!

We spent last evening folding up the can organizer boxes, and reinforcing with package tape. So far I have used 17 of 20 boxes for various cans. My only regret is that the are not quite wide enough to hold the tall soup cans. Also some really fat cans will not make the transition from upper to lower storage, meaning they won't FIFO. So for now the fat cans and the too tall ones stay on pantry shelves or in cabinets. Then I have to figure out how best to organize the non-canned goods for better use of space and ease of use. It does me no good if I own it but cannot find it!

I wish I had taken some before & after pics of the pantry, but I was a bit too embarrassed by the mess!. It does look a lot better now, though.

I have been trying to spend time decluttering various areas of my craft room and looking for ways to increase the pantry storage. I had about 45 minutes last night to move some stuff to the closet to free up additional space and then spent an additional half hour this morning combining some things to make more room. I also found a grocery bag with tp and paper towel rolls in it, so I guess I'll be making some firestarters tomorrow out of them. Who knew that there was so much dust in my house??!!??

finished getting my new home office set up--sooooo i cleaned out all of the papers from last year and went ahead and got everything ready to file taxes :cheeky-smiley-067: i am thinking of getting one of those "neat" scanners to get rid of all the paper in my life--hmmmmm

Today is SPRING CLEANING DAY.

Throws my kids at the mess.

I am doing my room.

The kids are doing the rest~!

Today is SPRING CLEANING DAY.

Throws my kids at the mess.

I am doing my room.

The kids are doing the rest~!

I was thinking of you earlier this week, and wondering how you are. SO GLAD you popped in!!! :bighug2:

How's everything going???