MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Feb 1---What's Up?

Dee

It's a busy day but I stopped in to say hi and find out what everyone is up to. This morning I've been getting DMIL papers ready to take to the tax man, I have a birthday luncheon at noon and I'm taking my CASA mom and 1 child to the dr. at 3:45. We have snow predicted so I'm thinking of talking DH into taking me the 20 miles to her town. Don't like these big busy days but tomorrow is free to do as I please.

Need to get moving and get my pie in the oven and my ice cream made so you all have a good day!

Febuary at last.

This is the slow down month for us (I wish!) LOL

But it is the month we try and eat out of the cupboards and freezer as much as possible, to rotate stock.

It is also the time I set aside to plan the gardens( I love paperwork), work on the seeds (what we have ,what we need to get).

Do more reading and more puzzles (if thats possible we both love reading), do crafts, winter walks or just plain stay in, stay warm and enjoy.

Good time to get more quilting done so I can make some money this Spring. Lori is baking/cooking up a storm and we are trying new recipes (don't ask for them to many). it's a short month for bills (only have 3) so more money to get things we need (OK so more of what we WANT!). That means train stuff for Michael and cookbooks and books for Lori.

We also have started working in the greenhouses with Tina (amish) but just moving things around and a few things planted. The real work starts at the end of the month.

so thats it from our neck of the woods..........

who's next?

:AmishMichael2:

Trying to get us all healthy - new rugrat has us all saying "Wait a minute- 20 years? Must get back in shape for the little guy."

New recipes people actually like for my storage foods - vegetarian ones, too. Adding more whole grains, fruit and vegetables and decreasing the fat...

Getting us all up and moving instead of plunked in front of the computer.

Mommy and Daddy left Tommy with us while they went into our hot tub last night... Mommy couldn't figure out why he ate and then just collapsed into sleep onto the bed - one thumb in his mouth the other hand drooping over the side.

We'd been 'wrastlin' - fists in my hair, kicking like mad, doing his version of giggling. It's nice to know I can still wear out a little one. :lol:

Greetings, I haven't been around for quite a while. I had a horrible experience with a forum I'd been a member of for over 10 years, and the entire "forum thing" has been the last thing I've wanted to participate in for some time.

Anyway, I'm back, nearly unemployed husband, but we're hoping for better things, and I'm trying to get the hang of being a homemaker.

I look forward to yakking with you guys again!

Getting ready to go to work for "tax season". Since I retired in 2006, I decided I could keep working just 2-3 months a year, make a little money, keep skills up, and hopefully help my aging mind. It is a challenge, but I miss working sometimes, so this lets me remember why I retired.

Isn't that the truth Virginia. I retired from teaching preschool last November. I went back a couple of weeks ago to help out. I was a little afraid of going because of missing everyone and everything too much when I was finished. Nope, I was glad to step back out of the picture when the teacher returned. Going back once in awhile makes one appreciate where they are now. I'll help out again if they want me but I much prefer working at the library when the librarian wants a few days off.

Welcome back, UrbanFool !

Want some Pringles?

cat_pringles.jpg

Greetings, I haven't been around for quite a while. I had a horrible experience with a forum I'd been a member of for over 10 years, and the entire "forum thing" has been the last thing I've wanted to participate in for some time.

Anyway, I'm back, nearly unemployed husband, but we're hoping for better things, and I'm trying to get the hang of being a homemaker.

I look forward to yakking with you guys again!

I know what you mean....................

the name calling,

the fights over posts,

all the 'I am better then you ares',

The replies that shoot you down about anything you say.

Oh wait, thats what goes on here!

NOT!

this is a safe place to be as we all get along (for the most part) so WELCOME back and post away.

Hi everyone! It's my first day off in a while. At the restaurant, we are supposed to be slowing down now but apparently no one told the customers! 2nd year in a row we are way up. Folks may not be buying as much from vendors but they sure are eating and drinking! God has really blessed this busness!

I will be going to Mexico tomorrow for medicines and then to Walmart for my once a month trip.

Not doing much bsides laundrey and shopping. After working so many hours last month, I seem to be falling apart physically. Hip with the stretched ligament is not happy, right palm is bruised and stretched, scratch on my face and I believe I have a kidney stone. Yikes! I know God will get me through this and it helps to have kept off the weight I have lost, but sure am looking forward to two days off a week consistantly! Or three!!

The weather here is the best in the winter! Sixtys or seventies during the day and 30s or 40s at night with very little rain!

Have a great day everyone and thanks for being here. (and thanks for being back Dee) !

Sounds like everyone is busy and that is a good thing---I stay busy with my job (I work at home ) and just started a new Bible study and I have really enjoyed it. I need to go to Walmart once a month also I dread it ---cost---always shocks me.

Tonight for dinner we are having chicken spaghetti my husband will like that and I will have plan overs for wed.

The sun is shining and it is about 50* nice day for a change.

Archived