MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cool Gramps!!

Trip

A woman in a supermarket is following a grandfather and his badly-behaved 3 year-old grandson.

It's obvious to her that he has his hands full with the child screaming for sweets in the sweet aisle, biscuits in the biscuit aisle; and for fruit, cereal and pop in the other aisles.

Meanwhile, Gramps is working his way around, saying in a controlled voice, "Easy, William, we won't be long... easy, boy."

Another outburst, and she hears the granddad calmly say, "It's okay, William, just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there, boy."

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Gramps says again in a controlled voice, "William, William, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, William."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where the grandfather is loading his groceries and the boy into the car.

She said to the elderly gentleman, "It's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. William is very lucky to have you as his grandpa."

"Thanks, lady," said the grandfather, "but I'm William . .. . the little brat's name is Steve."

It's Greek. ;)

Should I tell them Trip, or do you wanna??? :shrug:

Well first off thanks for changing the word in my joke, I couldn't think of one to replace it...lol

Ye it's Greek, go to bablefish and it will translate it for you... :008Laughing: I've always said if I ever got my small homestead in the sun that is the sign that will go over the gate...but maybe in Spanish...I kinda like the greek tho...

"Come in peace or leave in pieces"

It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo you!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..you were sposed to make the rest figger it on their own...hahaha...love babblefish

Archived