MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Dee

Fireside Forum

Have you been to the Fireside Forum? Last night I finished Stephanie's, "The Great Divide". It was very good and well worth the read. I've read others too and I'm amazed at the talent here at Mrs. S.

If you haven't checked there be sure you do. It's well worh it.

And, let me say this, writing the stories has been one of the most influential parts of me truly changing my lifestyle into one of preparedness. As you create these situation while you are writing it causes you to research and reevaluate your prepping priorities.

For example, in one story the family was trapped in the basement of the house after a tornado. I now MAKE SURE the things we need are available in the basement....just in case.

So, not only can you read the wonderful stories in Fireside, and there are many, but consider writing one of your own. :)

I'm glad you like the story Dee, it was a lot of fun to write. :hug3:

I may not have tried writing any of the stories, but I do look at what I have done so far based on things that I have read. Not only are they good reads, very enjoyable, they help me to think of other potential situations. I try to learn from what I read, what I see and what I experience. It has helped me to be prepared for more things such as the power going out or the snow we have out there right now, even if I never have to use it for anything more serious. I learn from the stories and fill in some of my holes based on what I read.

Also, don't forget the Wagons Ho series going on in Pioneer Forum. We are going to be bringing in another Wagon Train of people into the Big Valley. So if anyone wants to come into that story, just pack your wagon and c'mon! It's a corporately written story....each of the participants writing from her/his own perspective. About the lifestyle of post-modern "pioneer" survival. After the hooey is hitting.... And our escape to an isolated valley.

No great writing skills necessary! Just make up journal entries. It's fun. And we're learning more than I'd have guessed. By now, these months later.....yes, we've been writing this series for several months now....we can FEEL what this might be like. And that tells us some things that we might not have realized otherwise. Like how much DH and I would NOT want to try this alone without our extended family members.

Come join us. Catch the next wagon train leaving from the Rockin' J....

MtRider [who might have time to catch up in Fireside if I wasn't writing for Wagons HO.... :lol: ]

got tired of people not finishing what they started. from a non writers view point, don't post it if it ain't finished. I don't bother anymore. waste of my time

Sorry you feel that way Oink, sometimes life gets in the way. Also, when the idea of people writing stories was started, there was no time limit or restrictions on when to post a story or when to finish it. Even well know and respected writers sometimes take many years to finish a story. Granted though they don't publish any of it until it's finished.

:wormie2:

John

Edited by WormGuy

Mother's fixed it so at the top of the forum are completed stories only. Ignore the ones below until they're moved. Soooooooooo, go back and try again if you haven't been there lately Onik. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I am not sure which part is more frustrating, waiting forthe next part of a story or suddenly realizing that the family or story that you have become attached to is suddenly done. It leaves me wondering well, what happened next.

I know that a lot of the stories are works in progress and in some cases maybe they won't get finished, but I accept that. i may wait on pins and needles until the next instalment is there, but I wait. Years ago when they had the dime novels or novels printed in the paper people had to wait and the stories weren't finished when started then either. Reading in Fireside not only is fun and educational, it also brings a touch of the past when things were done slower and patiences was neccessary.

Wow, Little Sister.  How did you get lost in the archives back in 2010????  Phew, dusty down here.  I see member names that I don't even remember on this thread.  Most of them we still miss......

I think Annarchy will see this or the post I just did over in the current What Are You Reading thread.  Then she can push the buttons to let you see that.  Wait for it....it will be near the bottom of the list of forums.....

MtRider  ...seem to be chasing you around the board tonite.  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mt_Rider said:

Wow, Little Sister.  How did you get lost in the archives back in 2010????  Phew, dusty down here.  I see member names that I don't even remember on this thread.  Most of them we still miss......

I think Annarchy will see this or the post I just did over in the current What Are You Reading thread.  Then she can push the buttons to let you see that.  Wait for it....it will be near the bottom of the list of forums.....

MtRider  ...seem to be chasing you around the board tonite.  :lol: 

Got lost trying to find Fireside. Don't think I found it yet. Or maybe I did and didn't know it.  Thanks. I'll be watching for it. 

You have to be invited down there. I'd do it, no problem, but I don't think a regular mod can. At least I can't. Either Annarchy or Darlene can get you in. You might try sending Annarchy a message. Or one of us can message her if you want. I don't even remember if new folks can message. :blush:

• Thanks 1

Yep Jeepers.  If your name is here, you can talk thru Private Message.  Not sure a "guest" can. 

Honestly, Jeepers,...since you came on board as mod, there hasn't been much mod stuff to do.  Used to be a lot more....but there were a lot more active members then.  I've occasionally fixed a typo that was..... :ashamed0002:  NOT what they intended to type.  :lol:   Or untangled something after the poster's time to edit had passed.  Delete double posts.  Things like that.   In the Way Back times, we had some HOT discussions that really needed moderation.  :darthduck:   Whoooeeee.....  But we're all mellow here now.  :gathering:  

We're working on it, Little Sister....

MtRider  ....but won't be me pushing no important buttons.....  :grinning-smiley-044:  

• Haha 1

Hey Mt. Rider, Annarchy had me call her and I am now in.  I have a lot of reading to do. Thank you for letting me know about fireside. I am sure I could learn a lot from all the stories.  Jeepers thank's for your help as well.  Reading the stories will be a lot of fun and a learning curve as well. 

• Like 2

I don’t always see everything, but when I do, I try.  As DH says, “I’m very trying.”  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's okay Annie. That's why I tell people to message you with important stuff. I still miss a lot too. I either miss it or can't remember it.  :blush:

And you are very trying. Trying to to keep this board up and running smoothly and updated and undoing some of the messes "some" of us make. By some, I mean coughMEcough. Trying to be a good friend here, sharing your experiences ie. Mr. Gunny, canoeing, art work, MIL etc. Trying to be a good wife and business woman at home. Yep, you are very 'trying'.  Love ya girl. :hug3:

• Like 1