MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

When there is no access to a physician...

Darlene

Dr. Mark Anderson contacted me in reference to a post from 2006 that referenced medical information he had published on the net. Over the last couple of years he has consistantly updated and augmented the information he has provided.

I've deleted the old post and am providing the link in this post for people to be able to access his site and keep up with the ongoing updates he does to this medical information:

http://www.riparia.org/Medical/medicalresources.html

The following is the disclaimer he has posted:

Medical Information

When you want, or need, to know more than the superficial, such as when you are where there is no access to a physician.

Comments/Disclaimer

This medical information is provided for education purposes only. I am making no attempt to practice medicine over the internet. This is being written to give some basic knowledge for those that are physically isolated from access to professional medical care, such as sailors at sea. This is to help in deciding whether an emergent medical condition exists, how to initially deal with it, and whether evacuation is needed. It is by no means exhaustive or meant to replace personal medical intention. Please do not contact me regarding your personal condition. Over the years I have received many emails from people asking for help with their personal chest pain, or whatever. Sometimes they write during acute pain. This is ridiculous. You can't practice medicine over the internet. If I find their email, after it has been filtered by my spam filter, it may be days or weeks later. My response, if any, will be to contact their regular provider. Even a bad doctor in person is better than an email. Please use this information in the spirit in which it is intended.

Sincerely, Mark R. Anderson, M.D.

On this same note, I have to post here the wisdom behind having some 'fish-cillin' and the like on hand. The quality is the EXACT same as what you would get in a pharmacy, I've matched it to the pill database that pharmacists use.

I was SO glad I had some on hand this weekend when our clinic told my husband "gee, we can't help you, you're not sick enough yet". If I would have waited, he would have had pneumonia. So, with enough research and guidance, everything has a time and place.

So: http://aqua-mox.com

Excellent quality, discrete packaging, nice people, fast ship. ALL A+++ in my book.

Archived