MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

10 days I don't want to repeat.

Momo

Sunday the 7th DH woke me up early. He had another bad case of diverticulitis and was bleeding heavily. We tried the other hospital this time. They did a CT scan and found some other problems. He got to come home Wednesday. Thursday my cracked tooth that needs a crown acted up. It was infected and very painful. Fortunately, I had meds for the infection and the pain so I didn't have to go to the Dr. Then I woke up this am at 4 with food poisoning of some sort. I had never had that before. Man, that was awful. After spending all day in my recliner and not eating a bite I finally feel better now. I'll probably be up all night now! I'm kinda scared to see what's in store for tomrrow!

:o And is all this going on while you have bad weather, too?

:bighug2:

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this, Momo.

Any chance that the different hospital and CAT scan will bring about a better diagnosis and better care for DH?

Hang in there, and I hope and pray things will quickly improve.

Momo!!! :o

Your poor thing...praise God that DH is okay and got to come home....I hope that you feel better very quickly so that you can help take care of his needs as well as the rest of the stuff "us girls" have to deal with on a daily basis.

Hugs and prayers for you, I'm sure you just feel like hiding from the world right now! :behindsofa:

Oh Momo, you poor thing. When a tooth is infected and then worked on, it can make you sick like food poisoning. I've had it happen.

What's in store for tomorrow? LOTS OF REST, FLUIDS, and MORE REST. :)

I send you tea, snuggles, and rest.

Hugs!

Ya'll are so sweet. I am fine. Fortunately I am a fast recoverer, since my health insurance is terrible. (My deductible is huge).

I was only sick for a few hours but really tired for another half a day. I just hope it was food poisoning and not a bug. If it's a bug Dh could get it and I don't want him to get it with his guts already messed up.

It is fortunate that we went to a different hospital with DH this time. The ct scan showed a potentially dangerous/deadly problem. Apparently it also showed up in the ct scan he had at the other hospital in August but no one told us about it! Can you believe it?

Ya'll are so sweet. I am fine. Fortunately I am a fast recoverer, since my health insurance is terrible. (My deductible is huge).

I was only sick for a few hours but really tired for another half a day. I just hope it was food poisoning and not a bug. If it's a bug Dh could get it and I don't want him to get it with his guts already messed up.

It is fortunate that we went to a different hospital with DH this time. The ct scan showed a potentially dangerous/deadly problem. Apparently it also showed up in the ct scan he had at the other hospital in August but no one told us about it! Can you believe it?

Unbelieveable. Sometimes medical institutions/personnel are skerry.

I guess I better change this to 14 days or so I don't want to repeat.

I just got home and am exhausted.

DH hasn't eaten since yesterday after lunch. Today he was tired, and we decided to be careful and go to a Dr. that was open on Sat. until 4pm. As the Dr. was checking him he said that DH's heart was beating at 160 and he was in AFIb. He had DH walk next door to the hospital since it was the fastest way to get there at that point. It took 3 hours in the ER to get it down to about 120 which is still high but definitely better than 160. They put him in ICU for tonight. I am hoping that it is just a response to all the meds he's had lately or maybe he was a bit dehydrated from not eating and drinking normally. At least he was hungry when I left. That is always a good sign.

I hope he has a good night tonight. I can't sleep in his room, but I will be going back as soon as I wake up in the am.

:blink: Now, don't keep this countdown going!!! :o

Glad you had him checked out, glad the second hospital told all, glad they're taking good care of him tonight. I hope you get enough rest tonight, and I'm praying for you both.

:bighug2:

So far so good. I spent all day at the hospital. They took him out of ICU this morning and he was off most of the hook up thingy's when I left tonight.

If he continues to improve he will get to come home tomorrow. They don't know what caused it but at least no permanent damage was done. His electrolytes were fine so he wasn't dehydrated. One of the "old hand "type nurses said he might have had a small blood clot from all the internal bleeding he had from his previous hospitalization 2 weeks ago.

Hope he's back by lunch tomorrow!

Archived