MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need a hug

Ambergris

(((((( ambergris)))))

funny about that name--tough love--it is supposed to mean you are tough on them--but having had to do it myself for several years--i am fully aware that the name actually means--tough on the parents!!! hang in there!!!

I'm so sorry, Sweetie. :(

I'm guessing he has *SOME* place to go. But it won't be home.

May he stay safe. May he find the truth about what his life can be.

And may our dear Ambergris find peace and comfort in the painful things we all sometimes have to do, knowing it is ultimately for their own good.

:bighug2:

Ambergris,

I am so sorry. Having children who need a swift kick in the pants is hard !!! Sometimes we have to do this to make them wake up. If we keep enabling them, that really is not helping them at all. I know how hard this is on you. Hang in there.

Yes, you need some hugs, so I am sending you some from me.

Truly,

Violet

The hard part is having to watch things unfold and knowing you can't do anything about it.

You can talk and do for them (child) until you are blue in the face but sometimes they just have to learn it on their own so it sinks in.

Now we don't know if this is something that happened because of the world around him or did he do it to himself (and that doesn't matter) but whatever hopefully things can be better soon.

((((((((((((((both))))))))))))))))))))))))))

He came by for some of his things. I sent him off with a hug and a big box of eggs and some other food, but he is not living in a healthful situation. I really don't know if he's going to stop before he hits the bottom of the well.

Hugs from me too! :hug3:

We've recently been reconnected with some former foster children who are now adults and for the first time I'm seeing the tremendous and unique challenge of dealing with 'adult children'. Just the term itself...says a lot! :(

((Amber))...I am so very sorry for you. I am going through the same thing right now and mine is 18. He most likely will not graduate. I can no longer fight him, girlfriend, her family, my sister in laws.....today I changed my number. One of the hardest things I've had to do. Please don't hesitate to PM any time if you need to chat and I'll give you my cell. We can cry together. Many, many hugs sent your way.

Archived