MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sometimes the kindest thing is the hardest thing

Becca_Anne

Oh Becca, that is so hard. I had to bring my friend's cat to it's last trip to the vet last week and it broke my heart.

As she's out of the country, cat stayed with us for a year already.

Isn't it remarkable how attached we can become to our pets? Your kids will have it hardest, this perhaps being the first time they come up close with such a sad thing.

My heart gos out to you.

I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, I've been there, too.

I'm sorry for the kids' sake, too, but unfortunately they also need to learn this lesson, too. :(

bighugsad.gif

BeccaAnne, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Those little fuzzballs purr their way right into our hearts, and the time they are with us giving us all that love and comfort makes it worth the loss when it's time for them to leave. I'm so glad that you'll be with her to ease her passing...the last thing she will hear is your voice, the last thing she will understand is your love, the last thing she will feel is your comfort. You are bringing her such peace.

Thank you all so much for your words of comfort. They help more than you will ever know. It was over so quickly. I kissed her goodbye, stroked her head the whole time and Mud Puddle purred right up until the end. She was truly a unique cat and will hold a special place in my heart forever.

Archived