MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Atkins diet

CeeGee

Any one still doing this diet? I lost 21 lbs. on the carbohydrate addicts diet, then started being a little loose with it and stopped losing and have just maintained for the last 2 months while we've been traveling. I just started the Atkins to get me going again and it's going really well. I've lost 7 lbs. from Thurs. am til Mon. am. I know it won't continue at this rate but I'll take it for now! 3 or 4 lbs is probably water huh? I am exercising and walking and just need recipes and motivation.

Thanks

Mik

Guest Guest

No, I've never done the Atkins diet. Being diabetic they say it's not for me. I just wondered if you knew Dr. Atkins was in critical condition in the hospital. The following article is copied from this web address: http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2003/4/9-408231.html

Dr. Robert C. Atkins In Very Critical Condition After Accident

New York, NY, April 14, 2003—As of today, we are saddened to report that Dr. Robert C. Atkins remains gravely ill. He is in a coma and on life support. His physician reports that Dr. Atkins' chances of a meaningful recovery are slim. Nonetheless, we are hoping for a miracle and every measure possible is being considered to save his life.

As many of you already know, early Tuesday morning April 8th, on his daily walk to work, Dr. Atkins fell on the sidewalk outside his office and suffered injuries to his head. The dramatic snowstorm that hit New York City the day before along with the unusually cold temperatures left streets and sidewalks slippery. Dr. Keith Berkowitz, his colleague at The Atkins Center, was arriving at work at the same time and was able to rush Dr. Atkins to Cornell University Medical Center. Dr. Atkins suffered severe head trauma and required surgery.

That is to bad about Mr. Atkins. Have you heard any more??

I quit all diets. I just decided I'll wait and see what happens since I didn't seem to be able to lose anyway.

Just hope that now that I am not walking so much I don't put the weight back on that I did lose.

Guest Guest

No I haven't heard anymore. I just happened to hear about his condition on Paul Harvey one day while I was in the car.

I don't do "diets" anymore either. I do at least a 2 mile walk everyday and try to watch what I eat. I've lost 30 lbs. in the last 9 months, so I'm not losing fast but it's coming off all the same. I do have an incentive now with DS getting married in August! If I could lost another 20 by then I'd be a happy woman!

((((((Snapshotmiki))))))))) You are doing great! Are you feeling good as well???

I have done very well in the past on the lo-carb diet...It is the plan that works for me. When I cut out carbs-sugars-starches, I greatly feel my best healthwise. I need to get back on track and once again cut the white stuff again from my diet. After Easter