MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ok...who knows about areas in AR and LA

ANewMe

Husband got a call today about a job!!! I'm excited because I want to move BADLY!!! The job is supposed to be in Pine Bluff, Arkansas (which I've heard nothing good about), but the guy said on the phone they also have a position in Monroe, La....which I'm not so sure about.

I got on the internet and started looking for small towns on the outskirts of these areas. My pick would be Arkansas and I have found some nice areas on the internet like Star City, Sheridian and Redfield. The schools look alot better than here also. Can't find anything around Monroe....

If anyone has any info on these areas I would greatly appreciate it. He also got a call from a place outside Dallas but we haven't talked to them yet!!!

what do you want to know about monroe??? ds lived there for a couple of years--not too far from us--

very funny louis :24: like you aren't one??? the sign over our driveway names our little piece of louisiana "Redneck Ranch"

Ahhh Louis..... :cheeky-smiley-067:

I prefer Arkansas and I've been researching some of the small towns like Star City, Redfield and Rison. BUT this job may be for Monroe, La....I don't want to live in Monroe...I don't think. I want a move...I want a change and Monroe is too close but the money is soo good I may not have a choice. If he got this job it could then be possible for me to be a Stay at Home Mom with my two elementary aged kids. :cele:

I did find a town called Sterlington which is 12 miles from Monroe, but I dont' know how hard it would be to find a rental. I'd love to find a small town outside of Monroe that would be less than 1 hour commute.

rentals in louisiana can be hard to find--people don't list most of them in the paper--you just have to drive around and see what is empty and stop and ask

Husband just talked to the man about the job and he has an interview on Wed after work. The man said that he would wait as late as he needed to in order to speak to him. I'm a nervous wreck because this could be a huge life changer for us.

The position said Pine Bluff, Arkansas but he says its a possibility that the position could be Monroe, Louisiana. I don't want Monroe...I want Arkansas, but it looks as if his starting salary could be as much as our salaries put together sooooo.....guess I will go wherever.

It will be FOREVER until Wed.!!!

I have a friend who used to live in Sheridan and Star City. She said they were both wonderful, but that was a long time ago. Asked another friend who visits Sheridan often and he said it's great. Now they didn't give me any details, but that's the report I got back.

I asked a number of people I know and I'll get back to you if I hear anything more!!

Well, he didn't get to go for the interview and I was SERIOUSLY bummed!! He had to stay late to work on a boat that was broken down. BUT....the guy told him don't worry about it and that he may actually come HERE and just take him to lunch and talk. WOW...he really must be interested. I sure hope so...I won't away from here so badly!!

Got some news.....but not FINAL news....

The man called my DH and told him that he would just come here and take him to lunch. They met today and talked and we found out that the job IS in Monroe, La....not as far from here as I had hoped but I guess it's far enough. He is going to send DH some kind of on-line test that he will take and we are thinking he is salary will be based on this test. So keeping fingers and toes crossed and praying hard. No idea how we will unload the house and everything so I'm hoping God will allow us a break and it won't be real difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

Yipppeeee! Dh just got email about the job he interviews for. We figured it was not going to work out but he emailed him and asked him if he wanted to give an idea on salary or did he want them to make him an offer. We said make an offer so he said that he would have one written up for him tommorrow! Im so excited and nervous bc I want away from here so bad.

He said he would have an offer drawn up by this afternoon. Needless to say I've been pulling up the email every 5 minutes!!!....So far, nothing.

Husband received the offer yesterday and it was a good one...however, he can't seem to decide!! :(

I'm totally stressed. This is our way out of town...a new start. Better job, better benefits and pay. I can't stay here anymore. I have reached my limit and I fear I may loose my mind if we stay. He' s supposed to give a decision today. ..so far he hasn't. He told me he'd text or call me as soon as he did but I haven't heard a word.

I know that must be stressing you out especially considering where you live. I'd be on edge too! Hopefully he'll figure it out soon. I hope everything works out for you!

As of tonight....no decision. I fear I won't be able to handle it if he declines. The offer is not the problem. The problem is our 18 yr old walked out of our home back and Dec and has never come home. His girlfriend does all she can to keep him away from us. He has become a different person....lied to everyone under the sun. His lies helped sever the relationship between my Dad and I and also my brother. He's no longer going to school and plans to quit. His girlfriend plays him like a yoyo. Husbands family has totally enabled him in all of this by giving him a car, phone and money. Husband says we can't just leave him....I asked him son to go...he won't and he won't come home.

I've lost my Dad, Brother, will be loosing my home since we will no longer be able to afford it, my son and I'm totally done with husbands family. They just jump in and do things with him and for him like we don't exist.

If we don't get out of here I swear I'm going to loose my mind. It seems everything is a slap in the face to me....people I see, things our friends are experiencing with their kids that we should be experiencing, my Dad living 5 min awasy and not having anything to do with us. It's awful. And our son has no intentions of coming home. He barely talks to us.....and when he does it is only when they are fighting. I'm afraid for him but he won't help us help him.

He will pass up an opportunity that will better our lives financially, emotionally and education wise for the younger kids in order to sit and wait on a kid who has decided to go on his own. It's only an hour and half away....

Archived