MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ndbeckner1

I have little peaches!

planted a tree last spring. Just one lone little peach tree. I figured if I could keep it alive and get it to produce something I might get another one. Well. It is official. I have the beginnings of the little peach bloom cluters on my tree. The landscape guy that came to til my garden (expanding this year. More than I can use a shovel with) looked at it for me to confirm it. I am going to have peaches! WOOOHOOO! Anyway, just wanted to share. Thanks for listening.

I know your excitement!! I planted 2 Nanking cherry bushes last year. I forgot to protect them during our deep freeze of 17 degrees ( Louisiana). I thought they were dead but last week I saw new buds and have little leaves now !!! yea!!!!

The excitement is understandable. You should have seen my happy dance when I saw that Momo-chan (my peach tree) was starting to show little pink flowers just starting to bloom. She should be in full flower in time for Hanami next week. ^_^ (which is usually for cherry trees, but peaches will work, too) ^_^