MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lost our Dog today

ANewMe

Well our Spring Break is not off to a great start.

Our 5 yr old went out back with her friends this morning only to find that our Lab had died. It was pretty tough to say the least. It was a pretty bad sight. Once I got her settled some I started digging the hole and sqawling the whole time. I wanted to get it done before my little boy came home from down the road. Husband was caught up at work and was trying to get away asap and as luck had it my Mom called out of the blue. She immediatley called my Papa and he came straight over. Unfortunatley it wasn't before my little boy came home. He was totally distraught. I had to wrestle him down to keep him from seeing him. I was able to calm him enough to keep him inside until I clean up around Dixon some so he could come say goodbye.

My poor babies...Kayla is so confused about why he is dead and the whole "death" thing. Dixon was Brayden's dog. When he was 5 he used to go get the neighbors lab and bring him home so I went and got him one. He was so sweet. He never even left the yard when he was out of the gate unless Brayden allowed him to follow him around the lake.

I just had to post this....to maybe lighten my heart a little if possible and I knew that you guys would understand.

Oh, dear...!! :sad-smiley-012:

I'm so sorry for your loss, ANM! Been there so many times myself...how sad...

Any idea what happened?

Dear Merciful Lord...please hold this family gently close to Yourself...comfort them through the loss of this special four-legged friend...especially the little ones as they have difficulty comprehending why...grant them all the strength and peace only You can provide. Please fill this new empty space with Your compassion and understanding.

Bless You, oh Lord, for Your mercies are everlasting!

I am so sorry..... I've been there. To lose a pet is always hard to deal with and to add children to the equation makes it even harder. Please accept my condolences. I'm Praying for you and yours......

I just had to post this....to maybe lighten my heart a little if possible and I knew that you guys would understand.

:bighug2:

(((ANM)))

Same here. We came home this afternoon to find one of our cats killed in the road. He died instantly, we think.

UNBELIEVABLE!!....There is a beautiful, very frightened stray dog laying in our yard. He's very reluctant to come close enough to allow you to touch him, although he has allowed us to pet him. He looks at us and cries....petrified of loud noises.

The kids are already trying to name him.....I'm hoping he will find his way home or to someone else's home. I want to take him in but we are going to be loosing our house and having to move to a rental soon...Why us??? Couldn't the precious thing just laid in someone elses flower bed???

• 1 month later...

I am sorry too. The last dog I had and lost , well I cried in private for six months at least after that. I am sorry your kids lost their pal.

I am also sorry to hear you have lost your home and have to rent.

:grouphug: and :pray: for you.

Archived