MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I was wondering...

Darlene

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It turns out I have good reason to be in Atlanta that weekend. If I can arrange for my meetings to cluster on Friday, that would leave me free and in the vicinity afterward. If I can't cluster them perfectly, I still might be able to stop in for a while.

Oct 1-3 might actually be doable for me! It would be a great way to depressurize a bit after all the End-of-Fiscal-Year-Madness . . . Nothing like hitting the open road to get away from stresses.

Um, since I wasn't at the last one, and am not sure of the logistics (and need to know for budgeting, lol), is this a Camp-Out-at-Darlene's-place or a Camp-out-at-local-hotel-and-drive-over-to-Darlene's-place?

Because I sure would feel like a moron if it was one and I assumed the other. . . :cheeky-smiley-067:

It's a camp-out at Darlene's. We all chip in on the food and drinks. Don't expect to sleep too much, why waste time sleeping when there is so much talking and sharing and ???? to do. Do hope you can make it. The last one was sooo much fun!

Discovered that flights are a few hundred!!! dollars more now then last year. They say it's due to the price of fuel...

So it doesn't look as if it's possible for me.

Grumble grumble mumbling under her breath....

Ambergris, that would be awesome, even if you can only come to visit for a little while.

Zophiel, like MomM said, it's a campout here. I have several bedrooms, several blowup mattresses and lots of places for people to have privacy so we will just have one huge slumber party!

And Christy, just keep your eyes on the airline tickets. They tend to go up and down, and right now with it being summer, the prices tend to look higher, even though you're looking to the fall. I would so love for you to come. ((((christy))))

I don't know if Trip will be coming...I know that he's swamped between TX and MT.

I do however, have a very special gun expert coming that will be doing some very professional gun classes.

I'm really getting excited about this until I remember that I have so much that I want to get done before the party.

:0327:

lol

I'm getting excited, too! (note to self: Put in for leave before I forget!)

If you're getting a gun expert, does that mean we should bring ours? Or are we gonna be able to borrow? I'll certainly bring my cleaning supplies to help with that, if nothing else. . .

Also, Darlene, if there's anything in particular that you'd like for me to bring from Maryland, let me know, since I'll be driving and should be able to fit some things in the car. Crabs would have to be frozen and on ice, but most anything else I can think of would be relatively easy. Or anything from DC, since that's right nearby . . .

In fact, if any homeschooling parents would like me to try to pick some things up at the Smithsonian, Nat. Archives, or anywhere else, I can try to do that. I'm planning on being downtown at the end of August at the very least, so wouldn't be much trouble at all . . .

• 1 month later...

I will be getting into Dalton, GA early in the morning on Friday, Oct 1st and wondering if someone would let me ride with them the rest of the way to Darlenes? I will pm with details, happy to pay for gas, etc. Will also have to get back to Dalton Sunday afternoon but will cross that bridge later. Sure appreciate any response! Look forward to seeing you all!

You found it John!! Thanks! I'll enjoy reading it again in preparation for the upcoming event!!! :hug3:

Mik, I can't help you Friday as I won't be traveling that day, but I'll be very glad to help you Sunday if you need me. We'll talk when we see each other there. :D

well, shoot.

between doctor's appointments, guinea pig shows (we missed the last 2 while we were in Houston), a tae kwon do tournament (in Texas this time- not Chattanooga like '08), work, a planned get together with the homestead.org folks (I told Neil he'd have to plan a humdinger to top YOURS, Darlene) and building our house that we want DONE in time for a Halloween Housewarming....don't think it's happening this time :(

besides, after what followed us home after the last time (just checking to see if Trip still reads this stuff... :girlneener: ) , I don't think Ward would take another chance :24:

I'm all in! Just bought non refundable tickets. Refundable tickets were almost twice as much. All right, are we there yet? :whistling:

Wish you could come Lunamother. I'd love to meet you. Then again, we get to TX now and then.

Archived