Darlene

15 more days!!!!!!!

:wormie2:

John

SWAT!

15 days? Oh geez, I'm so busted.

I gutted my kitchen today.

lolol

Actually, we started making new cabinets 3 days ago. Today I beat the cabinets all up (the distressed look) before I stained them and the contractor and my brother tore out the old ones. We're sanding floors and hopefully poly'ing them tomorrow and then putting the kitchen back together this weekend.

Me and my bright ideas lolol.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just another sunny day in Paradise here, Mtn. Rider! :D Seriously, I can't pack til the day before I leave with our space issues. I am interested in learning to make cheeses and am wondering if anyone else is. Also wonder if anyone knows how to do this and is equipment needed (besides a goat)?

We could make some simple goat cheese and maybe some feta...maybe even some mozzarella. Making cheese is fun so we can plan on doing that. I'll make sure I have plenty of goat milk ready.

Just another sunny day in Paradise here, Mtn. Rider! :D Seriously, I can't pack til the day before I leave with our space issues. I am interested in learning to make cheeses and am wondering if anyone else is. Also wonder if anyone knows how to do this and is equipment needed (besides a goat)?

We could make some simple goat cheese and maybe some feta...maybe even some mozzarella. Making cheese is fun so we can plan on doing that. I'll make sure I have plenty of goat milk ready.

Darlene.

I don't have an abundance of goat milk, we just have one doe that is at the end of her lactation. We mostly depepnd on our family cow for raw milk. But if anyone would like to make butter, I can bring plenty of fresh Jersey cream for this. I figure I am about 3 hours away from you, ( about 45 minutes south of the Atlanta Airport). I do have a few young roos, if you need them for fried chicken or anything.

Can you think of anything that I could bring to help you or that I will need?

I am looking forward to getting away for the weekend,

Lisa in GA

Darlene.

I don't have an abundance of goat milk, we just have one doe that is at the end of her lactation. We mostly depepnd on our family cow for raw milk. But if anyone would like to make butter, I can bring plenty of fresh Jersey cream for this. I figure I am about 3 hours away from you, ( about 45 minutes south of the Atlanta Airport). I do have a few young roos, if you need them for fried chicken or anything.

Can you think of anything that I could bring to help you or that I will need?

I am looking forward to getting away for the weekend,

Lisa in GA

Lisa,

I have tons of goat milk...I'm currenly milking 3 does but I would loooooooooooooooooooooove if you could bring some fresh jersey cream so that we could make some butter. That would be awesome!

I have a bunch of chickens and am collecting fresh eggs for when everyone gets here. I have a freezer full of pork I butchered from a pig a few months ago, plus beef and a bunch of other stuff so don't worry about that....making butter would be so much fun in and of itself.

I can't wait for you to get here too!

....making butter would be so much fun in and of itself.

Then count me in for bring cream for butter.

I am busy looking for a new (well new to me anyway) truck to drive up so I can leave my 15 passenger here with the kiddos. Hopefully I can find what I want or can afford soon. I don't like to borrow vehicles and this is the first time in a long time I haven't had a truck to drive. What time is everyone arriving on Friday, the 1st? I sure don't want to be searching for your place in the dark by myself.

Lisa in GA

DH and I hope to leave our home around 7 a.m. and drive to Dalton and pick up snapshotmiki and then on to Darlene's. So, hope to arrive before noon. So very excited to see everyone, etc.!!!

Darlene--I really want so badly to come but my son is going through a divorce. I have promised to help him with his little one. He is on call that week and week end. Please someone please give those of us who can't come all of the details---with pictures. Me thinketh that some people might be trying to stir up a little trouble. Darlene, you may have to crack the whip or should I say snake? Have fun everyone and stay safe.

....making butter would be so much fun in and of itself.

Then count me in for bring cream for butter.

I am busy looking for a new (well new to me anyway) truck to drive up so I can leave my 15 passenger here with the kiddos. Hopefully I can find what I want or can afford soon. I don't like to borrow vehicles and this is the first time in a long time I haven't had a truck to drive. What time is everyone arriving on Friday, the 1st? I sure don't want to be searching for your place in the dark by myself.

Lisa in GA

You can come whatever time you want. Where in GA are you? Perhaps we can somehow pick you up if you need.

Darlene, you may have to crack the whip or should I say snake? Have fun everyone and stay safe.

Actually, when I went out west I bought one of those cattle whips.

Not to worry, I've been practicing...I love when it makes that really kewl "crack" when you whip it.

lol

Actually, when I went out west I bought one of those cattle whips.

Not to worry, I've been practicing...I love when it makes that really kewl "crack" when you whip it.

No joke - wear glasses when practicing.

On my backstroke I had one curl around my head and draw blood next to my eye. Way too close.

Hey Bear..... I'm being 'dropped' by Delta in a wheelchair! I think I'm being retrieved tho cuz no way I'd wheel UP HILL from Atlanta. :P

Wheelchair for me is Plan C....after Plan A: "own two feet" and Plan B: "own two feet with cane assist"

Plan A works on level surface, carrying practically nothing, for very short distances.

Plan B works for up to a half mile on a good day [with abrupt shutdown always possible between one step and the next :( ] and can work in all terrain but is MUCH better on the level. There are multiple cane options and I'll be bringing three. One that folds out QUICKLY into a seat, a forearm crutch for BEST stability and the shock-corded fold-up one that fits anywhere including the airplane seat pocket to get to the lav or on a saddle.

Plan C comes in when there are crowds of people to negotiate [definitely unable to ebb and flow properly with Plan A or B :shakinghead: ] or for long time period and/or really long distances. Or if there is something to carry - in which case the wheelchair becomes my "rolling walker" and the burden sits in my seat!

So.....y'all ready for night maneuvers with..... ME? :curtsey: C'mon Bear! We can do dueling wheelies! :grouphug:

MtRider [.....just figured how to break down cane #2 to fit into suitcase ...whew!]

So you'll insert from a CV2 by HALO drop and make your way to the Alpha site (Darlene's) by NVG at OH:Dark Thirty through the Georgia wilderness.

Guessing that point of entry has a different password. We'll be coming in front gate since expecting Wormie and his BBQ fork to be there. Password there is same as last time. Pssstt.. Mtn. Rider, if ya got some of those rubber hip boots used for fishing, throw them in suitcase too. No telling what a person might step on during them there night maneauvers. Things like snakes and....

Sure wish you could come OMB!!! :bighug2:

Wow, I wish I had not been so busy this summer to even check the boards. A get together. How wonderful.

Darlene, I live near Greenville, SC. Would you have room for one more or for a day trip?

I realize most of you don't know me, but I'm a regular over on Frugal Squirrels, (ashygirl) although I've been so busy I've rarely made it there either this summer.

Thanks,

Susan

Archived