MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Favorite things to do with mint?

I just pulled some renegade mint out of my strawberry patch. It used to be a mint patch. I never did anything with it, so we pulled it out, but of course, mint is next to impossible to get rid of!

So, I have a handful or so of leaves at the moment - what are your favorite ways to use it? I'm sure there will be more as the spring and summer go along!

Just about any kind of mint makes wonderful tea. Just rinse the leaves, dry/dehydrate it, and steep in hot water. :wub:

I like mint water: a jug of ice water in the fridge with a sprig or two of mint in it.

Edited: My husband says he simmers mint in half a cup of water in the microwave, and adds that to the jug in the fridge, replacing the wilty mint with a fresh one. I didn't know.

These sound great, especially the mint water. I, too, planted mint years ago. I started pulling it out a couple of years ago as it was taking over my favorite flowerbed. Sure enough, I have quite alot already this year. I did let some naturally dry one year. I took it to the beach house on vacation. I heated some in water on the stove and was bummed out when it didn't taste refreshing and minty. I would love to know some more recipes to use it. It grows really well here. B)

These sound great, especially the mint water. I, too, planted mint years ago. I started pulling it out a couple of years ago as it was taking over my favorite flowerbed. Sure enough, I have quite alot already this year. I did let some naturally dry one year. I took it to the beach house on vacation. I heated some in water on the stove and was bummed out when it didn't taste refreshing and minty. I would love to know some more recipes to use it. It grows really well here. B)
was gonna ask if anyone ever dried it.

Loved the idea of Mint Water! That sounds SO refreshing!

One of my favorite uses for Mint is to make a fruit salad with whatever fruit is handy and a quick syrup (no cooking, just mixing) of some lime juice, a little dab of honey and some shredded mint leaves. The lime juice gives the fruit a zesty little zing, the honey adds a little sweetness but the mint "cools" everything off. My favorite summertime fruit salad!

I wish I had that problem. I love mint. I use it for greek style pork - basically mint added to an otherwise italian style seasoning. Also a sprig in my iced tea, and in larger quantities with shredded carrot and bean sprout for bun (rice noodle) thit nung, goi cuon, and other vietnamese or tai dishes.

Use mint with asian food as you would cilentro with mexican food.

Archived