MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bad weather over here

WormGuy

So far no tornado thank God. A lot of rain, we have as much as 3 feet of water everywhere, sinkholes have opened up. Trees down, people are being evacuated, and more rain on the way.

:wormie2:

John

Hope you're ok now...that'd be very scary, esp. in the blackness of the night.

((((((((((((((((((((((((( wormguy ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh John! Do take care. We had tornado warnings last night also but further south always seems to get it the worst. I believe Arkansas was also seeing a lot of storms but didn't realize the extent your state was being hit.

(((wormie)))

Yes, Arkansas hit, too. 3 dead last count I heard with more injured, some not located. This was more mid-state, not up here. So much bad weather all around.

It has finnaly calmed down for a bit here. We have had 9.88 inches of rain so far and between 4-7 inches more forcasted for tonight and tomorrow. The police station and one fire department station is flooded. A dam on a 40 acre lake breached and people had as much as 4 feet of water in their homes. I have not heard of any deaths yet. The city & county mayor has declared a state of emergency and telling people to stay home & not go to work.

I just got home from work and have to work tomorrow also. When I went to lunch I had about 4 inches of water in the bed of my truck. Everyone is saying that they have never seen this much rain and flooding in their memory. We have 2 new sinkholes in the city now, one swallowed an SUV.

SUV.jpg

The police are asking for people with boats to help rescue folks. I don't know how Louis is doing but this moved through his area also. I hope he and his family are okay. There is a tornado warning out for south of here and it is moving this way. Any one in this area needs to try and stay safe.

John

Please stay safe....looking like ya'll are getting hammered. I think we are supposed to get it in the morning but I doubt as bad as ya'll.

came through here too...just getting internet back. Tornados, flooding is bad, bad, bad. We are up on a hill and we even got flooded. Our garden was almost all planted...now it's a total loss and we will have to start over. But praise Him through it all because we still are on the top side of the grass!! :D

Q

Hey Wormie! Been thinking about you and Louis and others throughout the Southeast and in Arkansas with all the bad weather kicking up.... I am hoping your power is just off there in TN, but your notes were too many days ago....... hoping you can get in touch somehow and let us know how you are and if your house is ok! Seems like this is going to be quite a year for storms and things going on! Blessings to you and anyone else who is being plagued by these harsh events! It just seems on a level that is so incredible, with all that rain... :pray: for all affected by these storms and anyone who is on the Gulf too, or works there.

( We are still getting the occasional frosty night! )

We are okay Arby, our house was not directly affected. Many folks north & south of us were wiped out. We did loose power for a few minutes last Saturday. Just waiting for the garden to dry out so I can get things planted.

John

Nashville got hit hard. We watched the coverage Sunday evening - thought for a while I'd get the day off Monday, since Coffee County was hit hard in the northern part. Murfreesboro had a time of it, too.

I think between this and the Times Square bomber, we're being given another wake up call/dress rehearsal.

Wormie, I'm glad you're ok - Quilty, you. Don't we have more middle TN folks here? Y'all ok?

Glad to hear it , WG!

Heard anything from Louis?

Quilty, hoping you and all yours are ok too!

Wormie, I am sorry for your neighbors and those who have lost their homes and cars. It is hard starting over, but it can be done and I wish all of those affected will be able to get back to normal as soon as possible.

It seems so many areas , often in at least the last year have had to deal with phenomenal rainfall and flooding in the southeast especially, and even Christmas time I watched Arkansas be flooded as I luckily was able to get through on the train down to TX before they had to halt the trains on Christmas day. But that was a humdinger of a rain storm you have had this time. It seems like a trend going on with so many devastating rainstorms and any of us might be affected. Coverage on the weather channel was pretty constant.

I had a couple small storm cells go over head this evening. Darkest clouds I think I have ever seen, but I was fine, although there were some power poles knocked down over in VT. But I have a feeling we may have a few tornadoes up here this year. Just seems like thats more likely with the way the weather is shaping up already now that its warmed up mostly. But they are never like the ones in the midwest and what hit Yazoo City area in MS the weekend before last. We are pretty fortunate that way. Still, it makes one more vigilant, knowing such things are going on. Preparing is important, because we don't know what could come our way, anywhere we are at these days.

:o Hey, WormGuy, are ya building an ark yet??? :ocoralreefsmiley.gif

Looks like you're still getting lots of rain!!! :0327:

I looked at the US view of the weather animation to see about how fast our rain is coming, and was NOT happy to see that another bunch of storms were rumbling through Tennessee all the way down through Darlene's neck of the woods, too!

umbrellasmilef.gif

I found some plans online and checked out the local lumber yards today. :008Laughing:

Actually the rain we got today was not a hard rain at all. The majority of it was light changing to a drizzle thank God. Still have a lot of folks cleaning up around here. It is suppose to rain 5 out of the next seven days. :faint3:

John

Archived