MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Reusable Canning Jar Lids

Trip

Trip, before we crazy canning ladies pronounce this as 'safe' I do need more information from the company and they're just not getting it to me.

These lids appear to work like the new AND old style - instead of throwing away the lid you have a ring. The reason why the throw-away lids were made disposable is because you just can't get a good seal with the rubber ring. Also - they really don't say how thin the plastic is and if it goes concave or not with sealing.

Another thing - the price - $24 for 3 dozen....yikes.

I wish they were more friendly and there was more information on this company. I just don't have $24 to throw at an experiment these days but I have to say I am tempted to try this....

Trip...Trip....Trip....thanks for the new info and I am curious but I just can't afford to "play" with these new toys. :)

BUT - keep stuff like this coming, I enjoy learning what is new in the world.

PS If they had a coupon - say $5 off your first box of 24 then I'd try it. :)

A product that has been around for 34 years (1976) isn't exactly "new" and obviously hasn't become mainstream during that time and kind of remains a novelty item, which to me says a lot.

Yeh, I have tried contacting them but they do nothing to reply to me. I asked for a few to test, telling them my position at the ext. office. Just no reply at all. Guess they just want me to send them $$. No thanks. You would think a reputable place would at least reply. If they want anyone to recommend their products they should know we would be the ones to do that if they have such a great item to sell.

I would not spend my money on them. It says about their seals, " they MAY be reusable".... MAY ? That doesn't seem promising to me.

Archived