MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Praying for each other...

I would be happy to slip into this ongoing circle of prayer...

I am so grateful for each and every one of the amazing women and men here; you are always there -- for prayer, for questions, for opinions, or just to listen.

I pray that everyone here who needs to be lifted up to the Lord will feel his divine mercy and lovingkindness saturate their lives. He is our Lord and our protector, from beginning to end, and I know that he answers our prayers. Sometimes the answers are not what we really want to hear -- but they are always for His glory, and He always has a reason for everything He does. I pray that the people going through trials right now will have that reason revealed to them, that they might glorify the Name of the Lord and know that He is their God.

:pray:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to join this Circle of Prayer. You are all like family to me and what hurts or burdens you also hurts and burdens me. Always know that you are thought of and prayed for by me.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this up, 'cause I know lots of people are in need of God's loving care.

And when I'm feeling down, it helps me to be praying for others. :wub:

Oh Cat, I hadn't put myself into the Word yet this a.m. and was fussy over some things. I knew I needed to get to my Bible but, stubbornly came to Mrs. S first.

Of course this is the first post to be read. See how the Lord leads us gently, but firmly. Right now I think he is laughing too, at me and my pettiness! We are all so blessed to have His guidance. I'm so often angry and yappy so have had to adopt this prayer I read recently.

Lord please walk with me today, keeping your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

I pray that others at this site receive spiritual guidance, are blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ and feel our prayers for one another.

Joining in. I really appreciate all the thoughts and kind words from everyone with dh's scary (but luckily temporary... at least for now) layoff. You have no idea how much it really meant to me. I think of all of you even when I'm not able to post or post often and hope the best for everyone.

• 1 month later...

Today in church I just had an overwhelming need to pray specifically for each person here... Darlene, the Moderators, the members, and even the lurkers. So I did. I just felt that we are all so overwhelmed and need God's loving protection over our lives and our families.

May all of our fears prove unfounded. May God keep each of us safely in His loving arms and bring us through.

:grouphug:

Thanks Cat!

I went back to church yesterday and stayed for all 3 sessions, today the Relief Society President sent out notes from yesterday's lesson - so thrilled b/c I didn't take notes! What a wonderful Blessing to be back iin the House of the Lord, despite some restrictions.

• 1 month later...

*SIGH* Been going through a lot in the last few weeks. Some nice, mostly not, but I just feel overwhelmed. :(

Then I remember the tornado victims, who continue to try to recover their lives. News of them has slipped away from the media spotlight, because now we have thousands displaced by flooding, with more to come. Many will lose everything because they knowingly built their homes and lives on a floodplain, so there is most likely no compensation.

I wonder sometimes how many friend we have lost without ever knowing it. How many lurkers enjoyed coming here and learning, laughing, and slipped away in the tornadoes? How many stored back supplies and considered preparedness, only to have to leave their supplies and storage behind in the flood? Sometimes there just isn't enough time or a way to take the stuff you've prepared.

The media is having a heyday laughing at the few apparent Christians who believe today's the day of Rapture. Still another chance to make us look foolish.

I continue to pray for *you*, and am glad to know that you are, too...

:grouphug:

Good thoughts Cat. You are a blessing. And now, here we go again with more tornadoes devastating people's lives. I'm like you, what a shock to have all your preps blown away (if you were a prepper). That teaches me two things.

First, make sure I invest into preparedness skills as well as stocking up on essentials.

Second, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Probably a good idea to have some things stored at a different location, even in your own area.

Oh..and last but certainly not least, NOTHING is as important as spiritual preps. When the world spins out of control, that will keep you sane.

*SIGH* Been going through a lot in the last few weeks. Some nice, mostly not, but I just feel overwhelmed. :(

Overwhelmed is a word I think a lot of us are feeling right now. I've been wondering too if we've lost members. Wish there was a way to find out....

(((Cat)))

Hi all of you precious folk here! I don't often pop in, yet many of you, and the forum as a whole remains on my heart, and in my prayers. Continuing to trust and believe the Lord for His hand of protection upon His children - whom we are Praise God! He will keep us, He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Psalm 37:24-26

24Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

25I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

26He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

Standing in prayer, believing for God's peace that passes understanding to abound in the hearts and lives of all the folks suffering through these massive tornadoes and storms.

Blessings,

Gramma

I have been so busy trying to conduct my life according to God's plan; [my interpertation], that my stress and busyness

has me feeling overwhelmed, and out of sync with everything worthy.

So, I have been overhauling my supposed faith into something real and based in The Word.

My problems have not gone away; but God has changed my reaction to them.

Praise be to God; He has covered me with blessings. [the real kicker, I don't deserve a single one of the blessings,

I am so grateful I can only pray my thanks.]

Thanks... it's been a rough week. Why is it with daughters you always seem to be doing a side-step to try to avoid stepping in *it*? And sometimes we still do. :sad-smiley-012:

• 3 weeks later...