MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anybody order from Vita cost?

I ordered uva ursi http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Uva-Ursi understanding from their online catalog that it was 1000mg per capsule. NOPE, it is 1000 mg per SERVING and there are 60 servings in the 120 capsule bottle. Definitely misleading. I will never order from them again. How do I know I can trust the herb to be right if their catalog is devious?
CGA, I hate having to do it, but you always have to check the supplement facts before ordering or comparing product, and not just from Vitacost.

Personally, I've been ordering from Vitacost for four years, 10:1 over everybody else, primarily because their NSI brand is a high quality product at very reasonable prices. I've compared them to high quality brands, which I also buy there, and suspect they're manufactured at the same facility, in the same lot. I also find many things cheaper there, such as the 100% Olive Oil soap I use, and all-natural toothpastes, skin products, etc..

If I were you, I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Their customer service is good, and while you have to keep an eye on them, they have always made good on every complaint that I've had, and at their expense.

I've saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars by ordering from Vitacost as opposed to other online stores, some of which are very good.

~~~

Hi Trish,

I order often from VitaCost. They have alswys been good to me and once when there was a mix up, they bent over backwards to fix it.

Have you heard back from them? from the email you sent? If not, consider calling them.

Not yet, but I emailed on friday, so really didn't expect to hear right away.

I know some folk think I'm over reacting, but I get life threatening kidney (not bladder) infections quite often and the uva ursi is the only thing that helps without bad side effects. I've taken too many antibiotics over the years and don't need to have to deal with that constantly.

I thought I was covered, but somehow my box of herbs got misplaced in the move and renovations and I cannot find them, so I was desperate to get resupplied. The only bottle I could find ran out several days before the new shipment came and I've been almost too sick to take care of everyone.

I'm hoping to grow some, but not sure it will do well in this climate.

I don't think you are over reacting. You were sold one thing and got something else (dosage wise). I just think that maybe talking to them (for example the email you sent) might bring about a solution.

Some of the things I've been getting from them is Oil of Oregano (liquid and caps) and Emergen-C and other Name Brand stuff as well as a bit of their brand. So far, so good. :)

We've been ordering from VitaCost for some years now and never had a problem. I'm going to contact them tomorrow (re an order of ours) and mention your episode to them, and ask them to be sure to "make it right" for you and that we'll be watching their response. Now I don't pretend that I'm such a great customer that I can snap my fingers, but maybe between your correspondence and that of another customer (who is in a different state no less), they'll do the right thing.

Archived